My wife and I are planning a trip to Spain in mid June. We know it will be very hot unfortunately but we've tried to come up with a couple of possible itineraries. We are hoping to hear some thoughts on our plans. As a little more background, we are in our late 20's/early 30's, no children, and we have traveled a fair bit. We like history, museums, scenic views, unique cultural activities, tasty food and people watching. We generally prefer a busier vacation rather than a more laid back vacation with lots of down time. Our biggest dilemma is whether to attempt to see Barcelona or to skip it and wait til another trip back to Spain (which likely won't be for >10 years).
D3: Toledo (day trip from Madrid)
D4: Segovia (day trip from Madrid)
D9: Pueblos blancos (Arcos de la frontera and/or Ronda)
D12: Leave Spain
We could also skip the pueblos blancos and/or segovia and add an extra day or 2 elsewhere.
D5: Toledo (day trip from Madrid)
D11: Granada (catch 6pm train back to Madrid)
D12: Leave Spain
thanks in advance for any feedback,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 2 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 3 Iceland early december visit
- 4 Paris to Italy
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 God Save the Queen?
- 7 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 8 Spanish Medical Providers
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 10 8 Days in Spain
- 11 9 Days in Spain
- 12 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 15 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 16 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 17 Milan or Turin
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Barcelona alternative
- 20 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 21 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 24 Frankfurt to UK
- 25 Christmas Markets France/Germany