Hello fellow Fodorites!
We will be arriving in Madrid on December 4th and departing on December 10th. I realize this is a woefully inadequate time to do Spain justice. Sigh. A little about me, this is my first trip to Europe and my first big trip with my boyfriend, so I'd like it to be romantic. I love gardens, art, Moorish and Roman architecture, and am mainly drawn to Spain for the Alhambra. Here is our tentative itinerary:
Dec. 4- Arrive Madrid 9:30 a.m
Dec. 5- Train [Toledo] to Granada (sleep Granada)
Dec. 6- ½ day Granada to see Alhambra, train to Sevilla
Dec. 7- Sevilla
Dec. 9- [Cordoba] to Madrid, sleep Madrid (Seville to Madrid, 2.5 h AVE)
The cities in brackets are optional, depending on how much time we have. We plan on using all public transport for the duration of the trip due to possible snowy roads and limited daylight.
Since the gardens will mostly be dead, will the Alhambra be worth the limited time we have? While I don't want to shortchange Madrid, as I would love to see the Prado, the Reina Sofia and the Museo Sorrolla, I prefer smaller, more intimate towns and natural scenery. Other priorities: Moorish and Roman architecture and a hammam.
Also, to build in flexibility, would it be advisable to only book our first night's hotel in Madrid, the AVE train to [Toledo] Granada and our tickets to the Alhambra?
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NORTON@ password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 3 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 4 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 5 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 6 Hiking in Switzerland
- 7 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 8 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 9 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 10 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 11 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 12 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 13 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 14 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 15 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 20 CASH OR CARD?
- 21 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 22 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 23 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 24 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 25 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
Hello fellow Fodorites!