My wife and I will be travelling into Madrid (leaving on the 27th and I guess arriving early on the 28th). I will be leaving Madrid on June 7th, while my wife stays there with her mom for more time.
We are not sure where to go besides two major things:
A) Her mom lives 1 hour east of Spain (maybe 2 nights/1 day there). I believe her mom's husband can drive us to/from Madrid since he works there.
B) She wants to visit Morocco (Tarifa/Tangier). Maybe day trip or overnight? Probably a tour.
So that leaves a lot of open spots. We are open to renting a car if we have to, I do not think the train goes into Tarifa?
Would Madrid > her mom > back to Madrid > Toledo > Sevilla > Tarifa/Tangier work?
If this would work, how long should I stay in each place? I have a guidebook for sights and things like that, but not sure how long in each place would be good.
Train/bus or would renting a car be better? I hear driving/parking in Madrid is kinda rough and a train is usually faster?
Thanks in advance, and I am sure i will have more questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 2 Low Cost Holidays Package
- 3 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 4 Alitala
- 5 Which Hotel in Rome
- 6 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 7 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 8 First Solo Adventure
- 9 Trains in Italy
- 10 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 11 Are you interested in visiting Iceland or you already have?
- 12 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 13 Georgia in 4 days
- 14 Where should I go with my family?
- 15 First Solo Adventure
- 16 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 17 PARIS
- 18 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 19 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 20 Crete Holiday
- 21 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 22 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 23 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 24 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 25 Where??-2 night trip from London
Spain itinerary BIG help. May 27 to June 7. Lots of questions