I would like recommendations for must see cities in Spain, for a 10 day trip in early May. My husband, 25 year old daughter and myself are flying into Madrid and meeting our 21 year old daughter who has been studying in Barcelona for the semester. My only other European trip was spent entirely in Rome, for a fabulous 8 days, so needless to say I'm not well travelled. Options are obviously to divide time in Madrid & Barcelona, but I'm also interested in Andalusia, i.e. Seville, Malaga, Cordoba, Granada, & Ronda. Unfortunately, 10 days is not enough to take it all in. Should we rent a car, or rely on public transportation? Finally, the hotels that I've looked at don't accommodate 4 people, so it's either getting 2 hotel rooms per night which could be cost prohibitive, or looking into VRBO or Air BNB opportunities. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 2 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 3 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 4 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 5 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 6 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 7 Salzburg itinerary review
- 8 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 9 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 10 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 11 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 12 Milan and Lake Como
- 13 weekend from cologne germany
- 14 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 15 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 16 Switzerland in September
- 17 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 18 Where to eat in Rome?
- 19 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 20 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 21 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 23 Positano or Sorrento?
- 24 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 25 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!