So my family and I are looking to travel to Spain this July for around 16 nights, and I have a few questions. We want to stay in southern Spain, preferably on the coast and at cities/islands which are not too far away from one another to reduce travel time. Right now, it seems as though the best places to visit are Barcelona, Valencia, and Majorca, although I've also heard good things about Alicante, Malaga, and Seville. Which cities are "must-see" and how long do you think we should stay in each one? What should we do there? My family is looking more to relax than go to museums, so we appreciate scenic locations with pretty beaches and architecture.
We traveled to Greece last year (Athens, Crete, Santorini, and Mykonos) and absolutely loved it, especially Crete and Santorini. If anyone has been to both Spain and Greece, how do they compare? I assume Spain's beaches are not as scenic, but I could be wrong?
On a separate note, I'm having trouble finding hotel rooms in Barcelona (where we will definitely go) which can accommodate 4-6 people. Has anyone stayed at any centrally located hotels which would be able to accommodate at least 4 people in one room which are around $200 a night in Barcelona, Valencia, or Majorca? Or are we better off trying to get a VRBO?
Lastly, is 16 days too much time to spend in Spain? We are contemplating also trying to go to Marseilles and Paris, which would take around 6 days, and would cut down our time in Spain to around 8 or 9 days after all of the travel time is accounted for. Is this a bad decision?
I'd like to thank everyone in advance for helping answer my many questions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 2 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 3 Avoid Europcar!
- 4 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 5 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 6 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 7 quickest way to Prague
- 8 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 9 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 10 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 11 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 12 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 13 16 days in France and Italy
- 14 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 15 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 16 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 17 Amsterdam
- 18 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 19 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 20 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 21 Train / Calabria
- 22 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 23 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 24 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 25 Paris for children