So my family and I are looking to travel to Spain this July for around 16 nights, and I have a few questions. We want to stay in southern Spain, preferably on the coast and at cities/islands which are not too far away from one another to reduce travel time. Right now, it seems as though the best places to visit are Barcelona, Valencia, and Majorca, although I've also heard good things about Alicante, Malaga, and Seville. Which cities are "must-see" and how long do you think we should stay in each one? What should we do there? My family is looking more to relax than go to museums, so we appreciate scenic locations with pretty beaches and architecture.
We traveled to Greece last year (Athens, Crete, Santorini, and Mykonos) and absolutely loved it, especially Crete and Santorini. If anyone has been to both Spain and Greece, how do they compare? I assume Spain's beaches are not as scenic, but I could be wrong?
On a separate note, I'm having trouble finding hotel rooms in Barcelona (where we will definitely go) which can accommodate 4-6 people. Has anyone stayed at any centrally located hotels which would be able to accommodate at least 4 people in one room which are around $200 a night in Barcelona, Valencia, or Majorca? Or are we better off trying to get a VRBO?
Lastly, is 16 days too much time to spend in Spain? We are contemplating also trying to go to Marseilles and Paris, which would take around 6 days, and would cut down our time in Spain to around 8 or 9 days after all of the travel time is accounted for. Is this a bad decision?
I'd like to thank everyone in advance for helping answer my many questions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 2 Wake Up Mods
- 3 Hotels in Florence
- 4 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 5 One week in London with kids
- 6 Trip in September
- 7 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?
- 8 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 9 Greece and Italy Combo
- 10 Which city order makes most sense?
- 11 favorite app for converting US $$
- 12 SNCF - low price for summer
- 13 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 14 14 days in Spain - please help finalize itinerary!
- 15 Best of Norway
- 16 a week in Lombardia
- 17 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 18 Venice, Orvieto, Rome with Tweens Part 1.
- 19 Meeting up in the Zurich airport
- 20 Light weight small converter?
- 21 Positano Surprise
- 22 Prague tour guide Ron Hoffberg
- 23 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 24 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 25 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich