I posted in Oct of last year taking our first trip to Spain for 17 days in Sept-Oct. I still have a tentative itinerary:
My wife and I will rent a car in Madrid and fly to Barcelona from Bilbao. We will take the train to Madrid. Any suggestions on hotels, restaurants, the vineyards of La Rioja would be appreciated. Some travelers say San Sebastian as a home base, others Bilbao.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 2 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 3 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 4 Engadine Valley help
- 5 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 6 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 7 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 8 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 9 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 10 Honeymoon in Greece
- 11 Italy for Christmas Week
- 12 A Month stay in Southern France
- 13 Shoes in Scotland
- 14 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 15 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 16 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 17 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 18 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 19 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 20 Portugal with large family
- 21 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 22 restaurants in Marais district
- 23 Sicily
- 24 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)
- 25 Palazzo Ravizza or Il Battistero-Siena?