I posted in Oct of last year taking our first trip to Spain for 17 days in Sept-Oct. I still have a tentative itinerary:
My wife and I will rent a car in Madrid and fly to Barcelona from Bilbao. We will take the train to Madrid. Any suggestions on hotels, restaurants, the vineyards of La Rioja would be appreciated. Some travelers say San Sebastian as a home base, others Bilbao.
spain in Sept-Oct.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip from split to avoid cruise crowds
- 2 Gluten free options in Spain?
- 3 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 4 A week in Wengen hiking the Bernese Oberland
- 5 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 6 Louvre vs. Orsay/Rodin
- 7 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 8 Gluten Free in Italy
- 9 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 10 Ireland's west coast
- 11 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 12 Eating Gluten-Free in France/Paris
- 13 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 14 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 15 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 16 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 17 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 18 BUGA 2015 (Floral festival in Brandenburg) transportation
- 19 Is Scotland and Northern England still green in October?
- 20 Rocamaxour
- 21 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 22 Norway- 1 week trip in May
- 23 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 24 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 25 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?