We are thinking of going to Spain over the December break. We are travelling with the family ( two adults, two teenagers) and realize it will be cold, but how bad will the weather be at the end of December. We looked at several places to travel and Spain seemed the most affordable in Europe. Will sites be open to visit during that time? Can anyone suggest must see places. We would love to visit Spain and Portugal if we can, if not we will tour Madrid, Barcelona, and the towns around that region. We are also hard pressed to find accomodations for four, so any thoughts would be great. Will we need a car? Is public transport safe? Thank you for any thoughts on this
Spain in December
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 2 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 3 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 4 9 days in turkey
- 5 Burg Eltz
- 6 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 7 Germany-berlin marathon
- 8 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 9 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 10 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 11 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 12 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 13 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 14 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 15 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 16 itinerary help
- 17 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 18 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 19 Nice Video about Poland
- 20 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 21 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 22 Reims for a day
- 23 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 24 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 25 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?