We are thinking of going to Spain over the December break. We are travelling with the family ( two adults, two teenagers) and realize it will be cold, but how bad will the weather be at the end of December. We looked at several places to travel and Spain seemed the most affordable in Europe. Will sites be open to visit during that time? Can anyone suggest must see places. We would love to visit Spain and Portugal if we can, if not we will tour Madrid, Barcelona, and the towns around that region. We are also hard pressed to find accomodations for four, so any thoughts would be great. Will we need a car? Is public transport safe? Thank you for any thoughts on this
Spain in December
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 2 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 3 A Greek sojourn
- 4 Autumn in Paris
- 5 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 6 Is Venice really dirty?
- 7 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 8 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 9 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 10 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 11 Weekend in Norfolk
- 12 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 13 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 14 Updated ATM info for Greece and Turkey
- 15 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 16 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 17 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 18 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 19 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..
- 20 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 21 Burgundy in May
- 22 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 23 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 24 St Germain
- 25 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??