My boyfriend and I have just booked our first trip to Spain arriving in Madrid 5/14 (Sat morning) and flying out of Barcelona on 5/30 (Monday morning)! We are from NYC & have previously traveled extensively through Europe, Asia etc. and would really appreciate a little advice with our Spain itinerary!!
Things we would like to do: take lots of chilled out long scenic walks, visit and definitely eat at beautiful viewpoints, find out the best tapas places, take in a few cool museums etc.
So far we are thinking of 3 days in Madrid with a Toledo day trip, 4 days in Seville, 2 days in Granada, and 6-7 days in Barcelona as follows:
1. Sat 5/14--Madrid (bull fight during the San Isidro Festival)
2. Sun 5/15--Madrid (museums)
3. Mon 5/16--Toledo (what will be closed on Mondays?)
4. Tues 5/17--fast train to Seville
5. Weds 5/18--Seville
6. Thurs 5/19--Seville (flamenco show one day)
7. Fri 5/20--Seville
8. Sat 5/21--Train to Granada
9. Sun 5/22--Alhambra
10. Mon 5/23--afternoon flight to Barcelona
11-16. Tues 5/24--Sun 5/29--6 full days in Barca w/ day trips to Monserrat & Dali Museum
1. Is Segovia/Avilla or Cordoba worth an extra day taken away from Barca or not? Why?
2. Is Toledo worth an overnight? Will we miss anything major on a monday?
3. Do we need more days in Seville or Granada?
4. Is 7 days too much in Barcelona? Anything else we could use that time for in Spain?
5. Can you recommend any nice clean hotels for under 100 euros anywhere please? How are the NH hotels?
6. Can you recommend a few amazing or unique restaurants in each?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples, Italy
- 2 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 3 Engadine Valley help
- 4 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 5 Tuscany 6 nights
- 6 Ireland travel passport question
- 7 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 8 French restaurants
- 9 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 10 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 11 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 12 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 13 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 14 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 15 Planning a European Trip
- 16 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 17 France & Italy, May or June
- 18 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 19 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 20 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 21 San Sebastian
- 22 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 23 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 24 Lisbon trip report
- 25 restaurants in Marais district