My boyfriend and I have just booked our first trip to Spain arriving in Madrid 5/14 (Sat morning) and flying out of Barcelona on 5/30 (Monday morning)! We are from NYC & have previously traveled extensively through Europe, Asia etc. and would really appreciate a little advice with our Spain itinerary!!
Things we would like to do: take lots of chilled out long scenic walks, visit and definitely eat at beautiful viewpoints, find out the best tapas places, take in a few cool museums etc.
So far we are thinking of 3 days in Madrid with a Toledo day trip, 4 days in Seville, 2 days in Granada, and 6-7 days in Barcelona as follows:
1. Sat 5/14--Madrid (bull fight during the San Isidro Festival)
2. Sun 5/15--Madrid (museums)
3. Mon 5/16--Toledo (what will be closed on Mondays?)
4. Tues 5/17--fast train to Seville
5. Weds 5/18--Seville
6. Thurs 5/19--Seville (flamenco show one day)
7. Fri 5/20--Seville
8. Sat 5/21--Train to Granada
9. Sun 5/22--Alhambra
10. Mon 5/23--afternoon flight to Barcelona
11-16. Tues 5/24--Sun 5/29--6 full days in Barca w/ day trips to Monserrat & Dali Museum
1. Is Segovia/Avilla or Cordoba worth an extra day taken away from Barca or not? Why?
2. Is Toledo worth an overnight? Will we miss anything major on a monday?
3. Do we need more days in Seville or Granada?
4. Is 7 days too much in Barcelona? Anything else we could use that time for in Spain?
5. Can you recommend any nice clean hotels for under 100 euros anywhere please? How are the NH hotels?
6. Can you recommend a few amazing or unique restaurants in each?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks Europe trip
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 4 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 5 Need Information about French Alps
- 6 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 7 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 8 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 9 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 10 Uffizi Phone Number
- 11 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 12 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 13 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 14 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 15 Gites in Provence
- 16 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 17 Flight CANCELLED by British Airways without notice or refund
- 18 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 19 4 days in Provence in early June
- 20 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 21 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 22 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 23 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 24 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 25 Opinion on sights in Florence