My boyfriend and I have just booked our first trip to Spain arriving in Madrid 5/14 (Sat morning) and flying out of Barcelona on 5/30 (Monday morning)! We are from NYC & have previously traveled extensively through Europe, Asia etc. and would really appreciate a little advice with our Spain itinerary!!
Things we would like to do: take lots of chilled out long scenic walks, visit and definitely eat at beautiful viewpoints, find out the best tapas places, take in a few cool museums etc.
So far we are thinking of 3 days in Madrid with a Toledo day trip, 4 days in Seville, 2 days in Granada, and 6-7 days in Barcelona as follows:
1. Sat 5/14--Madrid (bull fight during the San Isidro Festival)
2. Sun 5/15--Madrid (museums)
3. Mon 5/16--Toledo (what will be closed on Mondays?)
4. Tues 5/17--fast train to Seville
5. Weds 5/18--Seville
6. Thurs 5/19--Seville (flamenco show one day)
7. Fri 5/20--Seville
8. Sat 5/21--Train to Granada
9. Sun 5/22--Alhambra
10. Mon 5/23--afternoon flight to Barcelona
11-16. Tues 5/24--Sun 5/29--6 full days in Barca w/ day trips to Monserrat & Dali Museum
1. Is Segovia/Avilla or Cordoba worth an extra day taken away from Barca or not? Why?
2. Is Toledo worth an overnight? Will we miss anything major on a monday?
3. Do we need more days in Seville or Granada?
4. Is 7 days too much in Barcelona? Anything else we could use that time for in Spain?
5. Can you recommend any nice clean hotels for under 100 euros anywhere please? How are the NH hotels?
6. Can you recommend a few amazing or unique restaurants in each?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris in August
- 2 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 3 Getting around London
- 4 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 5 The DCC scam is spreading
- 6 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 7 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 8 Help with tips in UK
- 9 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 10 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 11 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 13 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 14 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 15 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 16 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 17 Scotland itinerary advice
- 18 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 19 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 20 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 21 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 22 Places to visit from Zurich
- 23 SURPRISE TRIP
- 24 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 25 Positano Hotel in September