My boyfriend and I have just booked our first trip to Spain arriving in Madrid 5/14 (Sat morning) and flying out of Barcelona on 5/30 (Monday morning)! We are from NYC & have previously traveled extensively through Europe, Asia etc. and would really appreciate a little advice with our Spain itinerary!!
Things we would like to do: take lots of chilled out long scenic walks, visit and definitely eat at beautiful viewpoints, find out the best tapas places, take in a few cool museums etc.
So far we are thinking of 3 days in Madrid with a Toledo day trip, 4 days in Seville, 2 days in Granada, and 6-7 days in Barcelona as follows:
1. Sat 5/14--Madrid (bull fight during the San Isidro Festival)
2. Sun 5/15--Madrid (museums)
3. Mon 5/16--Toledo (what will be closed on Mondays?)
4. Tues 5/17--fast train to Seville
5. Weds 5/18--Seville
6. Thurs 5/19--Seville (flamenco show one day)
7. Fri 5/20--Seville
8. Sat 5/21--Train to Granada
9. Sun 5/22--Alhambra
10. Mon 5/23--afternoon flight to Barcelona
11-16. Tues 5/24--Sun 5/29--6 full days in Barca w/ day trips to Monserrat & Dali Museum
1. Is Segovia/Avilla or Cordoba worth an extra day taken away from Barca or not? Why?
2. Is Toledo worth an overnight? Will we miss anything major on a monday?
3. Do we need more days in Seville or Granada?
4. Is 7 days too much in Barcelona? Anything else we could use that time for in Spain?
5. Can you recommend any nice clean hotels for under 100 euros anywhere please? How are the NH hotels?
6. Can you recommend a few amazing or unique restaurants in each?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 2 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 3 Ronda Wine/biking
- 4 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 5 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 6 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 7 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 8 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 9 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 10 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 11 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 12 Italy bus or train
- 13 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 14 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 15 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 16 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 17 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 18 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 19 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 20 Praiano
- 21 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 22 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 23 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 24 Travelling through Europe by RV in May 2017
- 25 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?