My husband and I plan to arrive in Madrid on November 14 to take a train to Barcelona to begin a cruise on November 15. There is a general strike planned for November 14. How will this affect our plans? We have train tickets from Madrid to Barcelona on the fourteenth. Will the trains be running? If they are, will we be able to get a taxi to the train station? We are senior citizens and I have been losing sleep over this. I would appreciate any help from fodors readers.
Spain General Strike
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Monet in Normandy
- 2 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 3 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 4 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 5 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 6 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 7 London visit
- 8 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 9 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 10 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 11 Three days in Spain
- 12 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 13 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 14 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 15 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 16 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 17 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 18 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 19 21 Days in Central Europe
- 20 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 21 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 22 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 23 best time to book accommodation
- 24 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 25 Oktoberfest reservations