My husband and I plan to arrive in Madrid on November 14 to take a train to Barcelona to begin a cruise on November 15. There is a general strike planned for November 14. How will this affect our plans? We have train tickets from Madrid to Barcelona on the fourteenth. Will the trains be running? If they are, will we be able to get a taxi to the train station? We are senior citizens and I have been losing sleep over this. I would appreciate any help from fodors readers.
Spain General Strike
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Private Guide for Istanbul
- 2 1 1/2 Days in Frankfurt - Looking for Suggestions
- 3 Using Plastic in Britain Now Includes Spending Pounds...
- 4 Traveling within Italy
- 5 Sicily 10 days
- 6 Berlin (with Dresden) Trip Report
- 7 London: Open-Air Winter Swimming...Take the Plunge!
- 8 DeGaulle Airport
- 9 Paris-Barcelona high-speed trains are go!
- 10 Paris-Barcelona now with the AVE high speed train
- 11 Heterogeneous Xmas in Spain
- 12 Two weeks or so in Belgium and Netherlands
- 13 Surely someone has attended the Lyon Festival of Lights--advice please
- 14 Le Marche and Rome - Part 4 - Ascoli Piceno
- 15 Airbnb Launches Media blitz...with Bird Houses...
- 16 CAR RENTAL: Pick up Rome, Drop off Florence
- 17 Gary Seckendorf - Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 18 Esperas vs. Filoterra Villas
- 19 Paris-Brussels-Amsterdam 7 days?
- 20 Opinions please Swiss Hotel Stars
- 21 San Sebastian Travel Guide
- 22 Roof Collapses on London's Crowded Appollo Theatre...
- 23 Best way to get to national rail station for 7 day paper travel cards?
- 24 Funny questions over the years on Basque Country and Spain
- 25 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?