I was hoping to find the answer to this question by looking through the forums but it's not quite there. Looking into travel in July with about 10 days in and around Madrid with daytrips and visiting good friends. The transition comes after that when we would like to spend almost a week at a beach town in Spain to relax, eat good food and enjoy the beach. (we are landlocked desert dwellers so the beach is a treat...) After this we will spend some days in London running around with our 13 and 11 year olds for a good taste of history and culture, so the beach really is a time to relax and enjoy being away and aware of a place unlike any typical american beach town. We want to fly out of Madrid and fly in somewhere and not have a huge hassle trying to get somewhere else. Having been to Torremolinos 20 years ago, perhaps it is not what it was and July may be baaaad.....and I have memories of visiting same friends 20 plus years ago on summer breaks at their home in Castellon, so I have an image of a beach that lacks tourists and huge crowds. Question is....anyone have a suggestion of a beach town or area where we don't need to get to Granada on a day trip, and don't feel like we are sitting on the beach like a sardine? Is this a possibility?
Spain favorite beach spots
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 2 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 3 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 4 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 5 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 6 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 7 Rome Areas to stay
- 8 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 9 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 10 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 11 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 12 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 13 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 14 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 15 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 16 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 17 Careful now in train stations even after security
- 18 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 19 St Germain
- 20 When to go to Sicily
- 21 Wengen to Torino?
- 22 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 23 Lakes District UK
- 24 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 25 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY