I was hoping to find the answer to this question by looking through the forums but it's not quite there. Looking into travel in July with about 10 days in and around Madrid with daytrips and visiting good friends. The transition comes after that when we would like to spend almost a week at a beach town in Spain to relax, eat good food and enjoy the beach. (we are landlocked desert dwellers so the beach is a treat...) After this we will spend some days in London running around with our 13 and 11 year olds for a good taste of history and culture, so the beach really is a time to relax and enjoy being away and aware of a place unlike any typical american beach town. We want to fly out of Madrid and fly in somewhere and not have a huge hassle trying to get somewhere else. Having been to Torremolinos 20 years ago, perhaps it is not what it was and July may be baaaad.....and I have memories of visiting same friends 20 plus years ago on summer breaks at their home in Castellon, so I have an image of a beach that lacks tourists and huge crowds. Question is....anyone have a suggestion of a beach town or area where we don't need to get to Granada on a day trip, and don't feel like we are sitting on the beach like a sardine? Is this a possibility?
Spain favorite beach spots
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 4 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 5 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 6 What still confounds you about travel?
- 7 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 8 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 9 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 10 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 11 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 12 Chip but no PIN
- 13 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 14 italy
- 15 Madrid and London
- 16 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 17 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 18 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 19 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 20 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 21 Pronunciation
- 22 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 23 Golfing in Ireland
- 24 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 25 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?