I was hoping to find the answer to this question by looking through the forums but it's not quite there. Looking into travel in July with about 10 days in and around Madrid with daytrips and visiting good friends. The transition comes after that when we would like to spend almost a week at a beach town in Spain to relax, eat good food and enjoy the beach. (we are landlocked desert dwellers so the beach is a treat...) After this we will spend some days in London running around with our 13 and 11 year olds for a good taste of history and culture, so the beach really is a time to relax and enjoy being away and aware of a place unlike any typical american beach town. We want to fly out of Madrid and fly in somewhere and not have a huge hassle trying to get somewhere else. Having been to Torremolinos 20 years ago, perhaps it is not what it was and July may be baaaad.....and I have memories of visiting same friends 20 plus years ago on summer breaks at their home in Castellon, so I have an image of a beach that lacks tourists and huge crowds. Question is....anyone have a suggestion of a beach town or area where we don't need to get to Granada on a day trip, and don't feel like we are sitting on the beach like a sardine? Is this a possibility?
Spain favorite beach spots
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Car in Prague
- 2 Rome Accommodation
- 3 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 4 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 5 Istanbul hotels
- 6 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 7 2 Week European Itinerary
- 8 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 9 TGV and Provence questions
- 10 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 11 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 12 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 13 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 14 Barcelona - Hotel Help
- 15 To Paris and Provence in June
- 16 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 17 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 18 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 19 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 20 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 21 Family European winter holiday
- 22 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 23 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 24 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 25 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France