I was hoping to find the answer to this question by looking through the forums but it's not quite there. Looking into travel in July with about 10 days in and around Madrid with daytrips and visiting good friends. The transition comes after that when we would like to spend almost a week at a beach town in Spain to relax, eat good food and enjoy the beach. (we are landlocked desert dwellers so the beach is a treat...) After this we will spend some days in London running around with our 13 and 11 year olds for a good taste of history and culture, so the beach really is a time to relax and enjoy being away and aware of a place unlike any typical american beach town. We want to fly out of Madrid and fly in somewhere and not have a huge hassle trying to get somewhere else. Having been to Torremolinos 20 years ago, perhaps it is not what it was and July may be baaaad.....and I have memories of visiting same friends 20 plus years ago on summer breaks at their home in Castellon, so I have an image of a beach that lacks tourists and huge crowds. Question is....anyone have a suggestion of a beach town or area where we don't need to get to Granada on a day trip, and don't feel like we are sitting on the beach like a sardine? Is this a possibility?
Spain favorite beach spots
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport ATMs
- 2 Which european city?
- 3 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 4 American Express
- 5 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 6 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 7 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 8 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 9 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 10 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 11 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 12 All Set To Go!!
- 13 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 14 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 15 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 16 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 17 Three ferries to Mull
- 18 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 19 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 20 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 21 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 22 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 23 Story of the German Christmas star
- 24 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 25 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??