I was hoping to find the answer to this question by looking through the forums but it's not quite there. Looking into travel in July with about 10 days in and around Madrid with daytrips and visiting good friends. The transition comes after that when we would like to spend almost a week at a beach town in Spain to relax, eat good food and enjoy the beach. (we are landlocked desert dwellers so the beach is a treat...) After this we will spend some days in London running around with our 13 and 11 year olds for a good taste of history and culture, so the beach really is a time to relax and enjoy being away and aware of a place unlike any typical american beach town. We want to fly out of Madrid and fly in somewhere and not have a huge hassle trying to get somewhere else. Having been to Torremolinos 20 years ago, perhaps it is not what it was and July may be baaaad.....and I have memories of visiting same friends 20 plus years ago on summer breaks at their home in Castellon, so I have an image of a beach that lacks tourists and huge crowds. Question is....anyone have a suggestion of a beach town or area where we don't need to get to Granada on a day trip, and don't feel like we are sitting on the beach like a sardine? Is this a possibility?
Spain favorite beach spots
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One week in Venice - trips
- 2 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 3 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 4 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 5 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 6 Travel with Teens
- 7 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 8 Villa rental suggestions in Umbira or Positano please
- 9 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 10 UK for 12 days !
- 11 Italy
- 12 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 13 Estonia Amber
- 14 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 15 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 16 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 17 Personal recommendations where to stay for family of 5 in Sorrento
- 18 Reims for a day
- 19 Ireland: Adapter or converter?
- 20 ordering train tickets
- 21 I think this is a scam!
- 22 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 23 Sicily itinerary proposal
- 24 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 25 Europe Travel insurance