Me and my wife(late 20s) are planning a week long trip to Andalusia Spain at end of October(very excited!).This is out first time going to Spain so looking for some advice on our planned itinerary, to make sure we make the most of our trip. We know its not enough time, but we can only do a week for this trip.
Following is our plan:
Day 1: Land in Madrid early morning, spend some time in Madrid then take a train(2.5 hours) to Seville in the afternoon
Day 2: Spend the whole day in Seville sightseeing
Day 3: Pickup rental car from Seville and do a day trip driving to Ronda/surrounding areas and return to Seville. Seville-Ronda seems to be around 2 hours by car.
Day 4: Drive Seville to Cordoba in the morning and spend the night there. Drive time 1.5-2 hours.
Day 5: Drive Cordoba to Granada early morning and spend the night there. Drive time 2-2.5 hours.
Day 6: Spend the day in Granada then take the train back to Madrid in the Afternoon, spend night in Madrid
Day 7: Returning flight from Madrid in the afternoon
We were planning to spend our last night in Granada as well, but looks like there isn't any direct train from Granada to Madrid, we have to go through Malaga/Cordoba and it would take around 5 hours by train. Our very long returning flight leaves at noon from Madrid, so decided to spend the last night in Madrid to make it easier for our return journey.
One thing I wasn't sure about was to spend the night at Cordoba or not.
We could just drive from Seville to Cordoba, spend a few hours in Cordoba and then just drive to Granada to spend the night there. Not sure if there would be enough to see/do in Cordoba to warrant spending the night there, or we are better off spending more time in Granada.
Another thing was that on Day 6, since there isn't a direct train from Granada to Madrid, since it goes through Malaga, maybe we can stop in Malaga and spend sometime there before catching our train to Madrid.
But from looking around on this forum, it might be better to spend more time in Granada than in Malaga, considering we are already short on time.
Another option could also be leaving early on Day 6 from Granada to spend sometime in Toledo, on our way to Madrid.
Any advice/suggestion will be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 2 Madrird and Seville
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 5 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 6 Greece
- 7 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 8 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 9 Help on ancient history route
- 10 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 11 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 12 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 13 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 14 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Spain - day driver advice
- 17 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 18 London with Teens Trip Report
- 19 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 20 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 21 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 22 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 23 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 24 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 25 Coordinating Transportation and Lodging near Leicester