As we posted a few months ago, we have our return flights from Madrid booked but now we have thought about including some of Portugal in our plans instead of either flying to Majorca or driving to Valencia. We have 17 nights to spend on our vacation and we will be travelling in late July/early August. We are a family of 4, my husband and I and our two children, ages 17 and 15, and enjoy driving whenever we travel to Europe.
We would land in Madrid in the morning then drive the same day to Seville, where we would spend 4 nights, including a day trip to Cordoba. We would then drive to a small beach town in the Algarve for 4 nights where we can spend time at the beach and relax, then drive to Lisbon, where we would spend 4 nights, including a day trip to Sintra and/or Cascais.
We would then drive back to Madrid, where we would spend 5 nights, taking at least one day trip to Toledo.
Does this make sense? Or would it be better to spend the entire time in Spain. We really need your advice. We have heard Lisbon is something to see and it may be interesting to combine both countries into this vacation.
Thanks so much and and thanks for all of your help with our other posts as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 3 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 4 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 B&B in Ireland
- 7 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 8 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 9 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 10 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 11 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 12 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 13 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Alitala
- 16 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 17 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 18 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 19 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 20 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 21 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 22 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 23 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 24 Europe First Timers
- 25 Photography gear for Rome and Venice