As we posted a few months ago, we have our return flights from Madrid booked but now we have thought about including some of Portugal in our plans instead of either flying to Majorca or driving to Valencia. We have 17 nights to spend on our vacation and we will be travelling in late July/early August. We are a family of 4, my husband and I and our two children, ages 17 and 15, and enjoy driving whenever we travel to Europe.
We would land in Madrid in the morning then drive the same day to Seville, where we would spend 4 nights, including a day trip to Cordoba. We would then drive to a small beach town in the Algarve for 4 nights where we can spend time at the beach and relax, then drive to Lisbon, where we would spend 4 nights, including a day trip to Sintra and/or Cascais.
We would then drive back to Madrid, where we would spend 5 nights, taking at least one day trip to Toledo.
Does this make sense? Or would it be better to spend the entire time in Spain. We really need your advice. We have heard Lisbon is something to see and it may be interesting to combine both countries into this vacation.
Thanks so much and and thanks for all of your help with our other posts as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 2 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 3 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 6 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Italy
- 9 Ireland travel passport question
- 10 Revised itinerary for italy
- 11 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 14 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 15 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 16 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 17 Juangfrau / mt
- 18 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 19 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 20 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 25 Questions about Polish sights