As we posted a few months ago, we have our return flights from Madrid booked but now we have thought about including some of Portugal in our plans instead of either flying to Majorca or driving to Valencia. We have 17 nights to spend on our vacation and we will be travelling in late July/early August. We are a family of 4, my husband and I and our two children, ages 17 and 15, and enjoy driving whenever we travel to Europe.
We would land in Madrid in the morning then drive the same day to Seville, where we would spend 4 nights, including a day trip to Cordoba. We would then drive to a small beach town in the Algarve for 4 nights where we can spend time at the beach and relax, then drive to Lisbon, where we would spend 4 nights, including a day trip to Sintra and/or Cascais.
We would then drive back to Madrid, where we would spend 5 nights, taking at least one day trip to Toledo.
Does this make sense? Or would it be better to spend the entire time in Spain. We really need your advice. We have heard Lisbon is something to see and it may be interesting to combine both countries into this vacation.
Thanks so much and and thanks for all of your help with our other posts as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid food advice needed
- 2 Need help in completing trip details
- 3 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 4 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 5 Split to Hvar
- 6 Paris for children
- 7 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 8 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 9 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 10 Which area to stay in London
- 11 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 12 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 13 Algarve - is it for me?
- 14 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 15 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 16 Itinery help Crete
- 17 Naples + Walking Tour
- 18 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 19 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 20 TIM in FCO - update
- 21 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 22 16 days in France and Italy
- 23 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 24 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 25 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special