As we posted a few months ago, we have our return flights from Madrid booked but now we have thought about including some of Portugal in our plans instead of either flying to Majorca or driving to Valencia. We have 17 nights to spend on our vacation and we will be travelling in late July/early August. We are a family of 4, my husband and I and our two children, ages 17 and 15, and enjoy driving whenever we travel to Europe.
We would land in Madrid in the morning then drive the same day to Seville, where we would spend 4 nights, including a day trip to Cordoba. We would then drive to a small beach town in the Algarve for 4 nights where we can spend time at the beach and relax, then drive to Lisbon, where we would spend 4 nights, including a day trip to Sintra and/or Cascais.
We would then drive back to Madrid, where we would spend 5 nights, taking at least one day trip to Toledo.
Does this make sense? Or would it be better to spend the entire time in Spain. We really need your advice. We have heard Lisbon is something to see and it may be interesting to combine both countries into this vacation.
Thanks so much and and thanks for all of your help with our other posts as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 2 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 3 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 4 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 5 Cordoba Overnight?
- 6 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 7 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 8 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 9 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 10 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 11 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 12 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 13 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 14 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 15 Itinerary help for 2 weeks vacation
- 16 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 17 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 18 Uffizi Phone Number
- 19 Itinerary Help Needed. 8 Days in Greece~
- 20 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 21 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 22 Piedmont as a destination
- 23 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 24 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 25 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July