We have 21 days to get from Provence, France to Madrid. We are a family of five - 2 x almost 5 year olds twins and 1 x almost 2 year old. We are thinking to use the French car hire lease back scheme. Travelling in April. We would love some feedback on our plan:
Drive the Costa Bravo
4 nights in Barcelona (arrive late afternoon on first day)
1 night Valencia
5 nights Andalucia (Seville / Granada and possibly Cordoba)
2 nights Lisbon
3 nights Bilboa
3 nights Madrid (depart 9pm flight)
That leaves three nights spare for somewhere else. I'm beginning to think the plan is too ambitious, given the drive times between places. We haven't booked our car yet, so there is always the possibility of leaving the car in Provence and using other transport in Spain, but we think with three kids a car makes sense.
So what do you think? How can we improve this? Skip Bilbao and instead focus on Seville and surrounds? Or vice a versa. I've previously been to both Madrid, Barcelona and Salamanca. I think the kids will like Barcelona and am happy to revisit, I would like to check out Lisbon and Seville and Granada. And honestly, would really like to get to the Guggenheim in Bilbao. I would also like to add 2-3 days in a beach side town somewhere for the kids to chill out - suggestions...Malaga?? We know it won't be the best swimming weather, but think the kids will need a few days to just relax. Or do we base ourselves in Malaga and do days trips out to Seville, Granada, Cordoba etc.
And finally, the Spring Fair in Seville, we had planned to be in this region around this time (12-16 April). Have we left it too late for accommodation? Is this a good time to visit with kids or not?
What should we do?? [This really is the best kind of problem to have isn't it?!]
Thanks so much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US :HOTMAIL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681 :7208 HOTMAIL MAIL 24*7
- 2 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 3 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 4 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 5 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 6 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 7 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 8 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 9 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 10 International drivers permit
- 11 Spain Itinerary
- 12 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 13 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 14 ATM
- 15 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 16 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 17 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
- 18 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 19 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 20 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 21 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 22 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 23 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 24 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 25 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)