We have 21 days to get from Provence, France to Madrid. We are a family of five - 2 x almost 5 year olds twins and 1 x almost 2 year old. We are thinking to use the French car hire lease back scheme. Travelling in April. We would love some feedback on our plan:
Drive the Costa Bravo
4 nights in Barcelona (arrive late afternoon on first day)
1 night Valencia
5 nights Andalucia (Seville / Granada and possibly Cordoba)
2 nights Lisbon
3 nights Bilboa
3 nights Madrid (depart 9pm flight)
That leaves three nights spare for somewhere else. I'm beginning to think the plan is too ambitious, given the drive times between places. We haven't booked our car yet, so there is always the possibility of leaving the car in Provence and using other transport in Spain, but we think with three kids a car makes sense.
So what do you think? How can we improve this? Skip Bilbao and instead focus on Seville and surrounds? Or vice a versa. I've previously been to both Madrid, Barcelona and Salamanca. I think the kids will like Barcelona and am happy to revisit, I would like to check out Lisbon and Seville and Granada. And honestly, would really like to get to the Guggenheim in Bilbao. I would also like to add 2-3 days in a beach side town somewhere for the kids to chill out - suggestions...Malaga?? We know it won't be the best swimming weather, but think the kids will need a few days to just relax. Or do we base ourselves in Malaga and do days trips out to Seville, Granada, Cordoba etc.
And finally, the Spring Fair in Seville, we had planned to be in this region around this time (12-16 April). Have we left it too late for accommodation? Is this a good time to visit with kids or not?
What should we do?? [This really is the best kind of problem to have isn't it?!]
Thanks so much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 2 DVD burning software
- 3 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 4 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 5 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 6 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 7 Train travel
- 8 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 9 WWI Battlefields
- 10 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 11 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 12 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 13 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 14 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 15 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 16 Iceland 3 day layover
- 17 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 18 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 19 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 20 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 21 Milos beach stay
- 22 Paris to Bordeaux
- 23 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 24 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 25 Provence to Paris via Burgundy