We have 21 days to get from Provence, France to Madrid. We are a family of five - 2 x almost 5 year olds twins and 1 x almost 2 year old. We are thinking to use the French car hire lease back scheme. Travelling in April. We would love some feedback on our plan:
Drive the Costa Bravo
4 nights in Barcelona (arrive late afternoon on first day)
1 night Valencia
5 nights Andalucia (Seville / Granada and possibly Cordoba)
2 nights Lisbon
3 nights Bilboa
3 nights Madrid (depart 9pm flight)
That leaves three nights spare for somewhere else. I'm beginning to think the plan is too ambitious, given the drive times between places. We haven't booked our car yet, so there is always the possibility of leaving the car in Provence and using other transport in Spain, but we think with three kids a car makes sense.
So what do you think? How can we improve this? Skip Bilbao and instead focus on Seville and surrounds? Or vice a versa. I've previously been to both Madrid, Barcelona and Salamanca. I think the kids will like Barcelona and am happy to revisit, I would like to check out Lisbon and Seville and Granada. And honestly, would really like to get to the Guggenheim in Bilbao. I would also like to add 2-3 days in a beach side town somewhere for the kids to chill out - suggestions...Malaga?? We know it won't be the best swimming weather, but think the kids will need a few days to just relax. Or do we base ourselves in Malaga and do days trips out to Seville, Granada, Cordoba etc.
And finally, the Spring Fair in Seville, we had planned to be in this region around this time (12-16 April). Have we left it too late for accommodation? Is this a good time to visit with kids or not?
What should we do?? [This really is the best kind of problem to have isn't it?!]
Thanks so much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 2 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 3 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 4 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 5 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 6 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 7 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 8 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 9 Passport proplems
- 10 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 11 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 12 Itinerary help...
- 13 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 14 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 15 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 16 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 17 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 18 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 19 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 20 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 21 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 22 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 23 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 24 A week in Paris
- 25 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?