I am undecided whether to take the bus or train from Algeciras to Granada. The cost is the same (approximately 18 Euros one-way per person), as are the approximate departure/arrival times (we'll leave in the early morning around 7:00 or 8:00 a.m. and arrive around 11:30 am). The train takes 1 hour longer than the bus (4.5 hours instead of 3.5 hours), but I think that it may be more comfortable. It is only a REGIONAL train however, not AVE or Talgo. Any thoughts on which would be better? One hour longer doesn't seem too much to sacrifice if the trip is more comfortable. (I should mention that this will be the last leg of our trip after using high-speed trains, so it may be disappointing to use just a regional.) The train travels through Ronda, Bobadilla, Antequerra before reaching Granada. The bus stops in Marbella and Malaga en route to Granada. We haven't planned to spend any time in Ronda, Marbella, or Malaga, so passing through any one/all is welcomed. Maybe we should take the train and plan a short 2- or 3-hour stop in Ronda, if possible. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!
Spain: Algeciras to Granada by Bus or Train
View all Europe activity »
- 1 One more last question on Bayeux
- 2 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 3 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 4 Spain - Andalucia
- 5 Euro Train
- 6 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 7 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 8 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 9 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 10 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 11 Trip around Spain
- 12 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 13 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 14 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 15 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 16 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 17 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 18 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 19 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 20 Medieval Tallinn
- 21 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 22 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 23 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 24 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 25 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia