I am undecided whether to take the bus or train from Algeciras to Granada. The cost is the same (approximately 18 Euros one-way per person), as are the approximate departure/arrival times (we'll leave in the early morning around 7:00 or 8:00 a.m. and arrive around 11:30 am). The train takes 1 hour longer than the bus (4.5 hours instead of 3.5 hours), but I think that it may be more comfortable. It is only a REGIONAL train however, not AVE or Talgo. Any thoughts on which would be better? One hour longer doesn't seem too much to sacrifice if the trip is more comfortable. (I should mention that this will be the last leg of our trip after using high-speed trains, so it may be disappointing to use just a regional.) The train travels through Ronda, Bobadilla, Antequerra before reaching Granada. The bus stops in Marbella and Malaga en route to Granada. We haven't planned to spend any time in Ronda, Marbella, or Malaga, so passing through any one/all is welcomed. Maybe we should take the train and plan a short 2- or 3-hour stop in Ronda, if possible. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!
Spain: Algeciras to Granada by Bus or Train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 2 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 3 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 4 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 5 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 6 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 7 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 8 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 9 21 Days in Central Europe
- 10 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 11 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 12 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 13 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 14 best time to book accommodation
- 15 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 16 Oktoberfest reservations
- 17 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 18 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 19 No points in Paris .....
- 20 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 21 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 22 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 23 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 24 Pronunciation
- 25 Special restaurants - recommendations needed