I am undecided whether to take the bus or train from Algeciras to Granada. The cost is the same (approximately 18 Euros one-way per person), as are the approximate departure/arrival times (we'll leave in the early morning around 7:00 or 8:00 a.m. and arrive around 11:30 am). The train takes 1 hour longer than the bus (4.5 hours instead of 3.5 hours), but I think that it may be more comfortable. It is only a REGIONAL train however, not AVE or Talgo. Any thoughts on which would be better? One hour longer doesn't seem too much to sacrifice if the trip is more comfortable. (I should mention that this will be the last leg of our trip after using high-speed trains, so it may be disappointing to use just a regional.) The train travels through Ronda, Bobadilla, Antequerra before reaching Granada. The bus stops in Marbella and Malaga en route to Granada. We haven't planned to spend any time in Ronda, Marbella, or Malaga, so passing through any one/all is welcomed. Maybe we should take the train and plan a short 2- or 3-hour stop in Ronda, if possible. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!
Spain: Algeciras to Granada by Bus or Train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 20 days in Germany
- 2 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 3 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 6 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 7 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 8 Air pollution in Paris
- 9 France, Italy and Greec
- 10 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 11 Rome---August and September
- 12 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 13 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 14 Help With Vienna
- 15 Good Hotels around Gare Montparnasse
- 16 Using Euros and Visa Travel Money Debit Card in the Baltics and Russia
- 17 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 18 South of France November Trip Report
- 19 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 20 Dresden or Leipzig
- 21 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 22 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 23 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 24 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 25 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014