I am visiting Spain with my family (husband, son and parents) in the 1st 2 weeks of June.
We enjoy the countryside, cafes, local food, sea, beaches and just experiencing different cultures. We are not too keen on museums.
We like our holidays at a relaxed pace - dont necessaily need to see everything.
Basis various posts and some reading, I have prepared an itinerary.. Would really appreciate some help from fodorites in finalising it.
Day 1 - Land into Madrid by 12 pm.
Day 2 - Day trip to Toledo or Sergovia (A little confused on which one to choose)
Day 3 - In Madrid (Any other suggestions of a day trip - Salamanca?)
Day 4 - In Madrid
Day 5 - Travel to Seville in the morning
Day 6 - In Seville
Day 7 - Day trip to Cordoba (Should I stay overnight or a day trip is good)
Day 8 - Travel to a sea place (Cant decide which one - was thinking of Malaga or Marbella - but not sure.. Was also keen on Granada)
Day 9 - The sea place
Day 10 - The sea place
Day 11 - Day 14 - Barcelona
Day 15 - Evening flight from Barcelona
- What do you feel about the itinerary as a whole?
- Should I drop a day in Barcelona and include a stay at Granada? It sounds lovely.
- What is a good sea place to stay? Should I look at Malaga, Marbella, La Oliva or Valencia? I have read up a little - but am finding it very difficult to choose.. Also La Oliva sounds nice - but since it is an island off the coast, I am not sure how easy would it be to travel there.
Look forward to some help on the plan.
Thanks a lot..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 2 US : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 3 How much budget for 2 months in Europe?
- 4 Route Information
- 5 International drivers permit
- 6 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 7 Paris advice with kids
- 8 Sunday drive riviera to St Remy Provence. where to stop? +monday plans
- 9 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 10 First visit to London
- 11 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 12 french italian Riviera overnight stop noli, cervo, san remo, menton, other?
- 13 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 14 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 15 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 16 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 17 alcazar question and seville advice
- 18 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 19 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 20 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 21 Amsterdam highlights
- 22 Villa in Italy
- 23 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 24 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 25 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?