I am visiting Spain with my family (husband, son and parents) in the 1st 2 weeks of June.
We enjoy the countryside, cafes, local food, sea, beaches and just experiencing different cultures. We are not too keen on museums.
We like our holidays at a relaxed pace - dont necessaily need to see everything.
Basis various posts and some reading, I have prepared an itinerary.. Would really appreciate some help from fodorites in finalising it.
Day 1 - Land into Madrid by 12 pm.
Day 2 - Day trip to Toledo or Sergovia (A little confused on which one to choose)
Day 3 - In Madrid (Any other suggestions of a day trip - Salamanca?)
Day 4 - In Madrid
Day 5 - Travel to Seville in the morning
Day 6 - In Seville
Day 7 - Day trip to Cordoba (Should I stay overnight or a day trip is good)
Day 8 - Travel to a sea place (Cant decide which one - was thinking of Malaga or Marbella - but not sure.. Was also keen on Granada)
Day 9 - The sea place
Day 10 - The sea place
Day 11 - Day 14 - Barcelona
Day 15 - Evening flight from Barcelona
- What do you feel about the itinerary as a whole?
- Should I drop a day in Barcelona and include a stay at Granada? It sounds lovely.
- What is a good sea place to stay? Should I look at Malaga, Marbella, La Oliva or Valencia? I have read up a little - but am finding it very difficult to choose.. Also La Oliva sounds nice - but since it is an island off the coast, I am not sure how easy would it be to travel there.
Look forward to some help on the plan.
Thanks a lot..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens Help
- 2 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 3 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 4 London vacation rental agency
- 5 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 6 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 7 Trains in Italy
- 8 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 9 Borghese Gallery Question
- 10 Sim Card
- 11 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 12 Airline to Rome
- 13 Finland around Christmas time?
- 14 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 15 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 16 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 17 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 18 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 19 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 20 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 21 Transport for local Venice travel
- 22 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 23 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 24 SE ITALY
- 25 London and Paris - 3 days each