I am visiting Spain with my family (husband, son and parents) in the 1st 2 weeks of June.
We enjoy the countryside, cafes, local food, sea, beaches and just experiencing different cultures. We are not too keen on museums.
We like our holidays at a relaxed pace - dont necessaily need to see everything.
Basis various posts and some reading, I have prepared an itinerary.. Would really appreciate some help from fodorites in finalising it.
Day 1 - Land into Madrid by 12 pm.
Day 2 - Day trip to Toledo or Sergovia (A little confused on which one to choose)
Day 3 - In Madrid (Any other suggestions of a day trip - Salamanca?)
Day 4 - In Madrid
Day 5 - Travel to Seville in the morning
Day 6 - In Seville
Day 7 - Day trip to Cordoba (Should I stay overnight or a day trip is good)
Day 8 - Travel to a sea place (Cant decide which one - was thinking of Malaga or Marbella - but not sure.. Was also keen on Granada)
Day 9 - The sea place
Day 10 - The sea place
Day 11 - Day 14 - Barcelona
Day 15 - Evening flight from Barcelona
- What do you feel about the itinerary as a whole?
- Should I drop a day in Barcelona and include a stay at Granada? It sounds lovely.
- What is a good sea place to stay? Should I look at Malaga, Marbella, La Oliva or Valencia? I have read up a little - but am finding it very difficult to choose.. Also La Oliva sounds nice - but since it is an island off the coast, I am not sure how easy would it be to travel there.
Look forward to some help on the plan.
Thanks a lot..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 2 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 3 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 4 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 5 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 6 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 7 Naples, Italy
- 8 Ireland in April
- 9 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 10 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 11 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 12 French restaurants
- 13 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 14 Engadine Valley help
- 15 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 16 Tuscany 6 nights
- 17 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 18 Ireland travel passport question
- 19 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 20 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 21 Planning a European Trip
- 22 France & Italy, May or June
- 23 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 24 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 25 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?