I am visiting Spain with my family (husband, son and parents) in the 1st 2 weeks of June.
We enjoy the countryside, cafes, local food, sea, beaches and just experiencing different cultures. We are not too keen on museums.
We like our holidays at a relaxed pace - dont necessaily need to see everything.
Basis various posts and some reading, I have prepared an itinerary.. Would really appreciate some help from fodorites in finalising it.
Day 1 - Land into Madrid by 12 pm.
Day 2 - Day trip to Toledo or Sergovia (A little confused on which one to choose)
Day 3 - In Madrid (Any other suggestions of a day trip - Salamanca?)
Day 4 - In Madrid
Day 5 - Travel to Seville in the morning
Day 6 - In Seville
Day 7 - Day trip to Cordoba (Should I stay overnight or a day trip is good)
Day 8 - Travel to a sea place (Cant decide which one - was thinking of Malaga or Marbella - but not sure.. Was also keen on Granada)
Day 9 - The sea place
Day 10 - The sea place
Day 11 - Day 14 - Barcelona
Day 15 - Evening flight from Barcelona
- What do you feel about the itinerary as a whole?
- Should I drop a day in Barcelona and include a stay at Granada? It sounds lovely.
- What is a good sea place to stay? Should I look at Malaga, Marbella, La Oliva or Valencia? I have read up a little - but am finding it very difficult to choose.. Also La Oliva sounds nice - but since it is an island off the coast, I am not sure how easy would it be to travel there.
Look forward to some help on the plan.
Thanks a lot..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 2 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 3 Paris in August
- 4 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 5 SURPRISE TRIP
- 6 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 Visiting Zurich
- 9 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 10 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 11 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 12 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 13 Andalucia Spain
- 14 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 15 Vigo Spain????
- 16 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 17 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 19 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 20 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 21 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 22 Help with Spain Itinerary
- 23 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 24 Christmas in Spain
- 25 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?