We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Southern Switzerland + Tuscany -- feedback needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 2 Trip report: solo female traveler in Spain
- 3 What should we tip our tour guide?
- 4 Wedding In Positano Italy Sept 2014- NEED YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS
- 5 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 6 London - Paris - Venice - Flight & Transport Questions
- 7 Vacation Pictures
- 8 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 9 US Debit Cards and European ATMs
- 10 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 11 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 12 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 13 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 14 Help!! Need to pick up train tickets in France and credit card stolen
- 15 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 16 Trip to Italy
- 17 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 18 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 19 1st time in Spain w/ 3 Children 8years and under - Help with itinery please
- 20 Day trips in 3 countries bordering Germany
- 21 Automatic car rental in Italy: Dollar or Thrifty?
- 22 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 23 Granada, Spain hotel choice
- 24 Seven days in London, June, 2014
- 25 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1