We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We're here!
- 2 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Where to enjoy Paris
- 5 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 6 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 7 10 days in Paris and......
- 8 Prague Christmas Markets and Christmas mass
- 9 Spain in July
- 10 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 11 Athens
- 12 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 13 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 14 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 15 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 16 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 17 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 18 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 19 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 20 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Budapest & Prague
- 23 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 driving from ancona to rome