We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in Paris.....On Going Trip Report
- 2 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 3 Need Suggestions for Trip to Poland and Possibly Lithuania
- 4 Madrid city centre?
- 5 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 6 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 7 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 8 train from ravenna to parma
- 9 counselling in West London
- 10 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 11 France to stop making foie grois
- 12 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 13 http://supplementskings.com/forever-bust/
- 14 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 15 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 16 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 17 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 18 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 19 Rail Travel: Eurail Pass or Train Tickets
- 20 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 21 Stonehenge and Bath
- 22 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 23 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 24 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 25 Puglia