We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CDG airport
- 2 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 3 Portugal itinerary help
- 4 14 nights in Europe
- 5 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 6 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 7 Munich
- 8 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 9 Salzburg or Regensberg
- 10 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 11 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 12 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 13 What type of visa is right for me?
- 14 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 15 Malaga Hotels - which one should I choose?
- 16 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 17 http://www.supplementoffers.org/white-light-smile/
- 18 First time in France
- 19 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 20 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 21 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 22 Budapest Hotels
- 23 4 days in switzerland
- 24 A Week in Western Crete (with photos)
- 25 France and Barcelona : 2016 Trip Report