We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Southern Switzerland + Tuscany -- feedback needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trips from Nice
- 2 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 3 biking in France
- 4 using airbnb for the first time...
- 5 Help - road trip from Munich to Bruges
- 6 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 7 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 8 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 9 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 10 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 11 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 12 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 13 Help with France itinerary
- 14 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 15 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 16 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 17 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 18 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 19 South of France - recommendations please!
- 20 Leaving for Paris in three weeks, what are the must "book ahead" sights?
- 21 Add a day to Madrid or Barcelona??
- 22 Barcelona at night? Single female...
- 23 Sienna at night
- 24 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 25 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?