We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Southern Switzerland + Tuscany -- feedback needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 scotland trave;
- 2 Spain. malaga to granada
- 3 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 4 EuropeanQuiz # 70 ( Friday)
- 5 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 6 London Food Tour
- 7 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 8 17 days in Scotland, Ireland and a bit overwhelmed
- 9 Schladming, Austria
- 10 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 11 Family trip to France with kids
- 12 Where to stay in London
- 13 ANDALUCIA - CIVIL WAR GUIDE?
- 14 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 15 1 week in Ireland Starting in Dublin
- 16 Rental car and Portugal toll charges
- 17 Travelling to Croatia - Do I need to book accommodation
- 18 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 19 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 20 25 days in Europe
- 21 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 22 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 23 Booking a 5* luxury hotel..
- 24 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 25 Short trip: Cartmel near South Lakes