We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London/Newcastle trip
- 2 Puglia and Matera
- 3 Venice hotels -- your input on the short list
- 4 returning car at europcar's Des Ternes location in Paris
- 5 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 6 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 7 "Meals Game Plan" for Rome, Sorrento, and Florence, per piacere.?
- 8 Delta First Class seats- how far in advance should I book?
- 9 Cinque Terre
- 10 Six days in Yorkshire and Derbyshire
- 11 Tour Sicily in 11 days by public transport
- 12 Venice: Shopping Question
- 13 Should I shop in Firenze or Roma? Or Paris or London?!
- 14 French towns in autumn
- 15 Day Trip From London
- 16 Trip Report - Portugal February 2015
- 17 9 days to visit Paris, London and maybe Florence?!
- 18 French countryside/wine country
- 19 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 20 Norway in August
- 21 Help on itineray Oslo-lillehammer--geiranger-trondheim alesund bergen-Slang
- 22 My summer in Paris
- 23 A wonderful month in France
- 24 Best of SW Norway in 5 days; Bergen, Alesund, fjords
- 25 Qustions: Europen river cruises solo