We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 아라비안카지노＼＼【【AKR843.C0M】】＼＼아라비안카지노
- 2 Interlaken vs. Lucern vs. Zurich
- 3 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 4 Jewelry in Bologna, Italy
- 5 6 nights in Portugal? Suggestions?
- 6 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 7 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 8 Referendum in Greece
- 9 cable cars at Wank Mountain
- 10 Switzeraland Iternary
- 11 10 days in spain
- 12 Need help for itinerary with 4 yr old
- 13 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 14 Texans Take a Tour
- 15 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 16 Place to stay--Ring of Kerry and Aran Islands
- 17 Train Travel in Germany
- 18 barcelona
- 19 One night in Amsterdam?
- 20 Lunch near Sants station Barcelona
- 21 Barcelona Itinerary
- 22 Rome Walking Guide
- 23 Two-week itinerary, Barcelona + Madrid + Andalucia
- 24 Traveling around Castile-Leon
- 25 Naples?