We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train or flight from Paris to Munich?
- 2 Eiffel Tower in mid-June without pre-booking
- 3 Where can I get Russian rubles?
- 4 Itenerary Opinion
- 5 Knockoff Designer bags in uk?
- 6 Britain Itinerary Suggestions
- 7 A road trip to Florence
- 8 Transportation
- 9 My thoughts on Mallorca
- 10 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 11 Swiss art displays
- 12 transfer from Eurostar to London hotel
- 13 Paris 5 Day itinerary - Suggestions plz
- 14 Bus fine Italy
- 15 Taragona best way there from Barcelona
- 16 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 17 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 18 Five City European Vacation thru Groupon
- 19 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 20 Driving through French Alps to Italy
- 21 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 22 Krakow with photos
- 23 I am a.tall foodie
- 24 Not-so-Expensive Restaurants in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo
- 25 Forints or Euros?