We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10X : AOL mail Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681 :7208 AOL 24*7
- 2 bokus : YAHOO Te^ch SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:540:6830
- 3 International drivers permit
- 4 Help me make this possible!
- 5 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 6 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 7 First visit to London
- 8 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 9 ATM
- 10 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 11 ATM help
- 12 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 13 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 14 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 15 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 16 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 17 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 18 Spain Itinerary
- 19 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 20 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 21 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 22 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 23 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 24 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 25 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice