We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Southern Switzerland + Tuscany -- feedback needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 2 finally, an itinerary that seems ok..but still not sure
- 3 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 4 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 5 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 6 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 7 Dordogne lodging
- 8 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 9 Rocamaxour
- 10 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 11 Dordogne markets
- 12 Hotels and public transport re: Cheltenham Spa
- 13 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 14 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 15 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 16 England in 7 days
- 17 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 18 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 19 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 20 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 21 Best means of travel from Prague to Krakow and Krakow to Budapest
- 22 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 23 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 24 Greece ( 8 Nights)
- 25 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip