We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Southern Switzerland + Tuscany -- feedback needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bus ride to Positano
- 2 Driving in Germany and Austria
- 3 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 4 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 5 North Coast Cornwall Walks
- 6 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 7 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 8 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 9 Suggestions for What To Do in Bologna or Surrounds on May 1
- 10 Naughty or Nice beaches in Nice, FR
- 11 5 day Madrid itinerary help
- 12 Madrid, Andalusia, Lisbon public transport and itinerary suggestions
- 13 Amsterdam restaurants
- 14 transport from Central London to Southampton
- 15 5 day Barcelona itineary
- 16 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 17 9 days in switzerland
- 18 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 19 Greece for a month with a baby
- 20 Wine tour in Chianti
- 21 Which base in the Cotswolds
- 22 Slovenia itinerary
- 23 Colosseum day or Night Tour
- 24 Europcar at vienna airport
- 25 How long does it take to hike to the bottom of the gorge in Ronda and back?