We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 3 My special places in Europe
- 4 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 5 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 6 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 7 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 8 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 9 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 10 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 11 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 12 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 13 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 14 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 15 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 16 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 17 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 18 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 19 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 20 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 21 Italy in a week
- 22 France: Perigord - Interesting Article
- 23 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 24 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 25 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September