We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Southern Switzerland + Tuscany -- feedback needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We Need a Pact
- 2 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 3 Madrid and London
- 4 Monet in Normandy
- 5 I need a haircut
- 6 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 7 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 8 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 9 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 10 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 11 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 12 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 13 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 14 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 15 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 16 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 17 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 18 german rail ticket question
- 19 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 20 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 21 flea markets in France
- 22 Italy vacation rental help
- 23 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 24 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 25 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon