We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Southern Switzerland + Tuscany -- feedback needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 2 Paris: Best Baguette of 2015
- 3 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 4 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 5 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 6 London Weekend
- 7 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 8 Dublin to Cashel
- 9 Sea side in Italy
- 10 San Sebastian or Pamploma?
- 11 Paris: Best Wine Bars
- 12 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 13 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 14 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 15 Help with Lucerne in April
- 16 Time required from CDG airport to Louvre Museum?
- 17 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 18 5 days in France-What do we do!?
- 19 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 20 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 21 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 22 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 23 Please, please help us plan our trip to Europe!
- 24 Tour Guides or Tour Companies in Prague and Hotels
- 25 How do I divide my time up in Belgium