We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Southern Switzerland + Tuscany -- feedback needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 2 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 3 eateries in Puglia
- 4 London GTG late September?
- 5 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 6 Terrorism in Europe
- 7 Iceland hostel recommendations on Ring Road
- 8 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 9 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 10 Rose Petals and Reflections
- 11 Advice for returning rental car to Florence airport
- 12 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 13 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 14 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 15 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 16 Help with France itinerary
- 17 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 18 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 19 Spending $ for 10 nights (2 people) in Western Europe
- 20 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 21 Cornwall or Paris?
- 22 Day trips from Bologna
- 23 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 24 Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
- 25 City Night Line from Paris to Munich