We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Southern Switzerland + Tuscany -- feedback needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 from Munchen train to Romerberg
- 2 Scotland Votes "No"
- 3 Gift for French business associate
- 4 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 5 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 6 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 7 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 8 Alterations to night trains routes
- 9 Trip Report, part 1
- 10 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 11 Scottish Passport
- 12 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 13 shortened trip to Italy
- 14 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 15 Air France strike
- 16 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 17 Italy tours
- 18 Exchanging Large Euro Notes(Currency) in Ireland
- 19 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 20 Amsterdam
- 21 Early October 2014 Trip to Mosel Valley and Rhineland
- 22 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 23 Sunny September Trip Report
- 24 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 25 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore