We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 2 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 3 What tips can you give about packing?
- 4 Murren to Prague
- 5 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 6 Scotland Trip Report
- 7 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 8 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 Cordoba Overnight?
- 11 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 12 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 13 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 14 How the kids age calculated
- 15 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 16 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 17 Firt time VISA applicant
- 18 Uffizi Phone Number
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 Aix Provence
- 22 Sintra
- 23 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??