We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 파워볼 중계 ▼ 접속 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 3 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 4 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 5 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 6 Scotland itinerary help
- 7 Rental Car pick up in Cortana
- 8 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 9 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 10 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 11 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 12 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 13 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 14 Scotland
- 15 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 16 AMBOISE BALLOON RIDE !! out of this world
- 17 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 18 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 19 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 20 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 21 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 22 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Edinbrugh
- 25 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden