We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Southern Switzerland + Tuscany -- feedback needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 2 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 3 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 4 Best beach town in Italy?
- 5 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 6 Weekend in Norfolk
- 7 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 8 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 9 10-12 days in Europe....leaving on 12/26.....where would you go and why?
- 10 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 11 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 12 A Greek sojourn
- 13 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 14 Off-Beat Day Trip from London: Chatham, Isle of Sheppey, Rochester...
- 15 Halloween in Paris
- 16 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 17 Cotswold Churches
- 18 chrismas in rome
- 19 Island Hopping and Whisky Tasting in South West Scotland
- 20 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 21 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 22 I dream of Europe
- 23 My notes on Greece 101
- 24 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 25 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!