We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Southern Switzerland + Tuscany -- feedback needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 2 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 3 Taxi or bus from Lucca?
- 4 Tipping in the UK
- 5 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 6 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 7 4 days in lake region
- 8 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan Cadorna
- 9 otel.com / metglobal.com is a scam
- 10 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 11 Bad Experience with Argus Car Hire Insurance offered by them
- 12 Restrictions on Portable GPS Use in the UK
- 13 Adjoining Rooms in Rome?
- 14 7 countries in a month
- 15 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 16 Already planning our next trip (Spain/Italy/France)!
- 17 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 18 Trip to Scotland and northern England June 2014
- 19 Where to stay the night between Naples and Matera
- 20 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 21 floods in Andalucia
- 22 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 23 Want to find host family in Munich, Germany
- 24 INTERESTED IN A HOME EXCHANGE ?
- 25 Guided Tour on Coach vs rail and city tours