We are headed to Spain end of April for a week. We are 4 adults and 4 kids (4yrs - 9yrs) and thus are planning to rent a car. Flying into Barcelona and flying out of Madrid. I read some posts and realize this is going to be very tight and lot of driving. We were thinking of keeping our drive time/ day to not more than 4 hrs or so and thought of the following route
Day 20 Arrive Barcelona 10am - day here to do ??? stay night @ Barcelona
Day 22 Drive to Valencia, to do ???and stay here
Day 23 Drive to Granada to do ???
Day 24 Visit Alambhra and gardens , overnight Granada
Day 25 Drive to Seville, to do ??? and stay night
Day 26 Spend day @ Toledo/Seville and drive to Madrid evening
Day 27 Fly out Madrid
I need help with the following :
1) what are the must see places/ points of interest along this route that we could do given that we have such a tight schedule? Any help on this is highly appreciated...
2) How is this drive? Road conditions? traffic? 2 of us tend to get car sick.....
3) Any suggestions for places to stay and dine in these towns?
4) How is it driving in the towns itself...do you get parking?
Would appreciate your thoughts and recommendations ...we are already late in our bookings.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 3 Versailles
- 4 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 5 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 6 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 7 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 8 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 9 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 10 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 11 Train help for Prague
- 12 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 13 Germany train help!
- 14 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 15 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 16 Petrol in Greece
- 17 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 18 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 19 Where to enjoy Paris
- 20 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 21 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 22 Meteora for older folk
- 23 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 24 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 25 Christmas windows in Paris 2016