We are headed to Spain end of April for a week. We are 4 adults and 4 kids (4yrs - 9yrs) and thus are planning to rent a car. Flying into Barcelona and flying out of Madrid. I read some posts and realize this is going to be very tight and lot of driving. We were thinking of keeping our drive time/ day to not more than 4 hrs or so and thought of the following route
Day 20 Arrive Barcelona 10am - day here to do ??? stay night @ Barcelona
Day 22 Drive to Valencia, to do ???and stay here
Day 23 Drive to Granada to do ???
Day 24 Visit Alambhra and gardens , overnight Granada
Day 25 Drive to Seville, to do ??? and stay night
Day 26 Spend day @ Toledo/Seville and drive to Madrid evening
Day 27 Fly out Madrid
I need help with the following :
1) what are the must see places/ points of interest along this route that we could do given that we have such a tight schedule? Any help on this is highly appreciated...
2) How is this drive? Road conditions? traffic? 2 of us tend to get car sick.....
3) Any suggestions for places to stay and dine in these towns?
4) How is it driving in the towns itself...do you get parking?
Would appreciate your thoughts and recommendations ...we are already late in our bookings.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 2 What is the best flight itinerary from Los Angeles to Granada, Spain
- 3 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 4 Europe in October!
- 5 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 6 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 7 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 8 Barcelona - places to stay
- 9 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 10 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 11 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 12 B&Bs in Ireland
- 13 Zadar or Sibenik
- 14 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 15 Guide in Russia
- 16 Train travel
- 17 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 18 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 19 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 20 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 21 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 22 travel fan 220v?
- 23 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 24 First Trip to Paris
- 25 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?