We are headed to Spain end of April for a week. We are 4 adults and 4 kids (4yrs - 9yrs) and thus are planning to rent a car. Flying into Barcelona and flying out of Madrid. I read some posts and realize this is going to be very tight and lot of driving. We were thinking of keeping our drive time/ day to not more than 4 hrs or so and thought of the following route
Day 20 Arrive Barcelona 10am - day here to do ??? stay night @ Barcelona
Day 22 Drive to Valencia, to do ???and stay here
Day 23 Drive to Granada to do ???
Day 24 Visit Alambhra and gardens , overnight Granada
Day 25 Drive to Seville, to do ??? and stay night
Day 26 Spend day @ Toledo/Seville and drive to Madrid evening
Day 27 Fly out Madrid
I need help with the following :
1) what are the must see places/ points of interest along this route that we could do given that we have such a tight schedule? Any help on this is highly appreciated...
2) How is this drive? Road conditions? traffic? 2 of us tend to get car sick.....
3) Any suggestions for places to stay and dine in these towns?
4) How is it driving in the towns itself...do you get parking?
Would appreciate your thoughts and recommendations ...we are already late in our bookings.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best of Norway
- 2 favorite app for converting US $$
- 3 a week in Lombardia
- 4 14 days in Spain - please help finalize itinerary!
- 5 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 6 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?
- 7 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 8 Venice, Orvieto, Rome with Tweens Part 1.
- 9 Trip in September
- 10 Meeting up in the Zurich airport
- 11 One week in London with kids
- 12 Light weight small converter?
- 13 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 14 Positano Surprise
- 15 Prague tour guide Ron Hoffberg
- 16 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 17 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 18 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 19 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 20 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 21 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 22 SNCF - low price for summer
- 23 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 24 Dublin and Northern Ireland with public transportation
- 25 Short Visit to Munich for the Christmas markets