I am going to the South of Spain for 2 weeks at the end of October, early Nov. My husband is really into history and i'm really into food, so we're looking to create an itinerary that can match both of our likes. How does an itinerary like this sound:
Arrive in Madrid
Valencia: 2 nights
Granada: 2 nights
Near Zamoranos (Casa Olea): 2 nights
Malaga: 1 night
Seville: 3 nights
Cordoba: 2 nights
Return to Madrid
Re "Zamoranos" the idea there was to spend some time in the countryside and break up the city trips. There are also some olive groves and old Roman sites around there as well.
I know that seems like a lot of moving - or does it? - but we like driving and the distances between each place seem to average about 1h30-2h (aside from to/ from Madrid). We'd rather change hotels and then stay in a new place for a night than having a base to back and forth to.
Any thoughts or feedback on this? Are we missing something great? Is something too overrated?
Southern Spain Itinerary Feedback?
- 1 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 2 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 3 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 4 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 5 London hotels
- 6 What size luggage?
- 7 Advice Sought for Train Schedule in Spain
- 8 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 9 Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin
- 10 Time from Venice airport to St Marks Square
- 11 Nice
- 12 Bernina Express questions
- 13 Carpe Diem Flights Booked! Need help w final itinerary France/Switzerland
- 14 Ireland from Shannon to Cork
- 15 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 16 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 17 Student Traveling 2 weeks in France, Italy etc
- 18 Paris to Basel on EuRail pass
- 19 12 days, 3 couples, one week in London Sept 2013
- 20 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 21 Clifden Ireland, farm or stable lodging
- 22 Train tickets
- 23 Should we stop in Basel on our way to Zurich.
- 24 How to get from Nice to Cinque Terre by train
- 25 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub