I am going to the South of Spain for 2 weeks at the end of October, early Nov. My husband is really into history and i'm really into food, so we're looking to create an itinerary that can match both of our likes. How does an itinerary like this sound:
Arrive in Madrid
Valencia: 2 nights
Granada: 2 nights
Near Zamoranos (Casa Olea): 2 nights
Malaga: 1 night
Seville: 3 nights
Cordoba: 2 nights
Return to Madrid
Re "Zamoranos" the idea there was to spend some time in the countryside and break up the city trips. There are also some olive groves and old Roman sites around there as well.
I know that seems like a lot of moving - or does it? - but we like driving and the distances between each place seem to average about 1h30-2h (aside from to/ from Madrid). We'd rather change hotels and then stay in a new place for a night than having a base to back and forth to.
Any thoughts or feedback on this? Are we missing something great? Is something too overrated?
Southern Spain Itinerary Feedback?
- 1 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 2 Istanbul Hotels
- 3 Help with Greece+Istanbul Itinerary
- 4 Florence to nice- help
- 5 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 6 What is the best food in France?
- 7 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 8 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 9 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 10 Amsterdam to Chamonix road trip
- 11 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 12 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 13 Where to stay in London in July
- 14 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 15 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 16 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 17 Hiking in Germany/Innsbruck/Salzburg and where else?
- 18 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 19 This is a great book if you are visiting Venice
- 20 ferry to Harwich
- 21 Barcelona experts PLEASE pick which of these 2,apartments I should rent
- 22 Reporting from Paris May 12-25
- 23 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 24 Berlin Hotels
- 25 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions