I am going to the South of Spain for 2 weeks at the end of October, early Nov. My husband is really into history and i'm really into food, so we're looking to create an itinerary that can match both of our likes. How does an itinerary like this sound:
Arrive in Madrid
Valencia: 2 nights
Granada: 2 nights
Near Zamoranos (Casa Olea): 2 nights
Malaga: 1 night
Seville: 3 nights
Cordoba: 2 nights
Return to Madrid
Re "Zamoranos" the idea there was to spend some time in the countryside and break up the city trips. There are also some olive groves and old Roman sites around there as well.
I know that seems like a lot of moving - or does it? - but we like driving and the distances between each place seem to average about 1h30-2h (aside from to/ from Madrid). We'd rather change hotels and then stay in a new place for a night than having a base to back and forth to.
Any thoughts or feedback on this? Are we missing something great? Is something too overrated?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 2 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 3 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 4 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 5 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 6 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 7 3 Nights And 4 Days In Serbia
- 8 http://tophealthysolutions.com/lightstrike-360-tactical-flashlight/
- 9 Amalfi or Positano
- 10 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 11 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 12 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 13 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 14 Public Transport information App/Website
- 15 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 16 Rome to Portofino -
- 17 Portugal. & Southern Spain
- 18 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 19 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 20 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 21 Sim Card
- 22 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 23 Looking for advice on a Paris-based day trip to Reims
- 24 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 25 Traveling to Puglia in July