So one part of our trip involves picking up a car in Madrid, driving to Toledo, before driving on to Granada. (I know there are arguments for taking trains, buses, etc, but we've booked a car, as we want to see some things (e.g windmills) on the way from Toledo to Granada.)
I would appreciate the advice of any Fodorites on any particularly good spots to see on the way, and any suggested routes for our second leg (on to Seville, via either Cordoba or Ronda).
Our first leg is here: http://goo.gl/maps/Ygb88 - Madrid to Toledo, then onto Granada via Consuegra and Úbeda. We will leave Madrid in the morning and then spend the day and night at Toledo, before heading on to Granada, where we spend two nights. I expect if we leave Toledo in the morning we have the full day to reach Granada (and we might do a night tour of the Alhambra that evening).
Firstly, is it worthwhile going to Úbeda (we won't stay, but just to see and maybe have lunch)? Are there any other particularly good destinations on the way?
Our second leg is then to get to Seville, where we have four nights, but we are wanting to make a day trip out of getting there first - perhaps to Ronda or Cordoba.
Route to Granada to Seville via Ronda: http://goo.gl/maps/dgyAe
Route to Granada to Seville via Cordoba: http://goo.gl/maps/XE36o
If we do the Ronda trip, we might well also go to Cordoba on one of our days in Seville (as we don't drop the car off until we fly out of Seville). Again, are there any particularly good sights on either drive? Any suggested stop offs in addition to Ronda/Cordoba on either drive?
Thanks anyone for any input and advice. I've done a reasonable amount of research but it does seem most people take the bus/train, and I've found it hard to find details of 'off the beaten track' spots on these routes.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car service of choice in Rome? Uber?
- 2 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 3 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 4 Where to go in March??
- 5 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 6 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 7 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 8 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 9 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
- 10 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 11 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 12 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 13 please revew provence agenda
- 14 Car service- Suitcase & hand luggage
- 15 Self-Drive: Dublin to Shannon, or Belfast to Dublin
- 16 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 17 Age limitation for car rental
- 18 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 19 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 20 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 21 now the fun stuff - need dining recs near Goult
- 22 Another strike in France : 3-5 june, airports
- 23 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 24 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 25 Paris-Italy-Spain trip
Southern Spain driving trip: Advice on route and locations to see