We plan to go to Southern Portugal 12/24 through 12/27. We are a family of 6 (mixed ages). We are coming from Lisbon and then heading to Southern Spain. We would love suggestions on which is the best base: Faro, Lagos, or somewhere else. We also want to know if we should rent a minivan/suv to tour around or just take public transportation. We would like suggested highlights. Do the sights, stores, restaurants stay open on 12/24 and is anything open on 12/25? Any suggestions for boat trips along the shore this time of year? Any special things to do with kids (besides walk on the beach)? Thanks so much!
Southern Portugal over Christmas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eating in France-two new books
- 2 Fjords, How To?
- 3 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 4 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 5 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Fashion for larger man?
- 8 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 9 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 10 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 11 London neighborhood suggestions
- 12 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 13 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 14 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 15 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 16 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 17 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 18 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 19 Berlin flea markets during the week???
- 20 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 21 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 22 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 23 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 24 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 25 Interesting markets to visit in Paris