We plan to go to Southern Portugal 12/24 through 12/27. We are a family of 6 (mixed ages). We are coming from Lisbon and then heading to Southern Spain. We would love suggestions on which is the best base: Faro, Lagos, or somewhere else. We also want to know if we should rent a minivan/suv to tour around or just take public transportation. We would like suggested highlights. Do the sights, stores, restaurants stay open on 12/24 and is anything open on 12/25? Any suggestions for boat trips along the shore this time of year? Any special things to do with kids (besides walk on the beach)? Thanks so much!
Southern Portugal over Christmas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Air France strike
- 2 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 3 Tour ends in Rome
- 4 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 5 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 6 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 7 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 8 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 9 Chateau of Horovice near Prague
- 10 Italy tours
- 11 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 12 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 13 Barcelona free tours??
- 14 London GTG late September?
- 15 Giverny in early October?
- 16 train in Spain
- 17 economy car rentals
- 18 Voltage in UK and France
- 19 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 20 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 21 Eleanor's Pages
- 22 Renfe site
- 23 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 24 Montreuil, Rue Colbert
- 25 Spain Night Train in Recliner