We plan to go to Southern Portugal 12/24 through 12/27. We are a family of 6 (mixed ages). We are coming from Lisbon and then heading to Southern Spain. We would love suggestions on which is the best base: Faro, Lagos, or somewhere else. We also want to know if we should rent a minivan/suv to tour around or just take public transportation. We would like suggested highlights. Do the sights, stores, restaurants stay open on 12/24 and is anything open on 12/25? Any suggestions for boat trips along the shore this time of year? Any special things to do with kids (besides walk on the beach)? Thanks so much!
Southern Portugal over Christmas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 2 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 3 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 4 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 5 Flam, Norway railway
- 6 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 7 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 8 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 9 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 10 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 11 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 12 Sicily Suggetions
- 13 He said , she said
- 14 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 15 car rental companies Italy
- 16 Seeking Portugal itinerary advice (April, 2014)
- 17 Paris in April?
- 18 where to stay in Porto Portugal
- 19 quiet hotel in Rome?
- 20 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 21 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 22 quiet hotel
- 23 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 24 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 25 Venice hotel selection