We are a family of 5 with 3 teenagers/pre-teens and plan on booking a trip to Italy late June 2015 for about 9-10 days. Kids are easy travelers. Have already visited Venice, Florence/Tuscany before without kids so would like to explore Rome/Pompeii/Amalfi Coast this time with the kids. Our thought is to fly from Boston to Rome and then start our trip immediately south. Would like to stay for 4ish days on Amalfi Coast, do a day in Pompeii and spend last 4ish days in Rome. Any suggestions for: 1) best transportation to get to AC and back up to Rome - do we need a car?, 2) should we use Sorrento or Positano as our base?, 3) must do things with teenagers in either AC or Rome, 4) any reasonably priced vrbo or hotel recommendations that sleep 5? Thank you in advance for your insights!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 alcazar question and seville advice
- 2 Couscous
- 3 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 4 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 5 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 6 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 7 Tuscany Itinerary
- 8 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 9 Places to stop/stay?
- 10 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 11 Visit to Sardinia
- 12 driving from London to Lourdes
- 13 ATM
- 14 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london
- 15 TIM in FCO - update
- 16 Visa Query
- 17 London in Winter Report
- 18 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 19 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 20 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 21 ATM help
- 22 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 23 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 24 London is it worth it?
- 25 Montserrat Express