We are a family of 5 with 3 teenagers/pre-teens and plan on booking a trip to Italy late June 2015 for about 9-10 days. Kids are easy travelers. Have already visited Venice, Florence/Tuscany before without kids so would like to explore Rome/Pompeii/Amalfi Coast this time with the kids. Our thought is to fly from Boston to Rome and then start our trip immediately south. Would like to stay for 4ish days on Amalfi Coast, do a day in Pompeii and spend last 4ish days in Rome. Any suggestions for: 1) best transportation to get to AC and back up to Rome - do we need a car?, 2) should we use Sorrento or Positano as our base?, 3) must do things with teenagers in either AC or Rome, 4) any reasonably priced vrbo or hotel recommendations that sleep 5? Thank you in advance for your insights!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 2 PARIS
- 3 Where should I go with my family?
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 Stu Tower
- 6 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 7 Trains in Italy
- 8 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 9 Tour or self drive Douro?
- 10 Which Hotel in Rome
- 11 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 12 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 13 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 14 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 15 First Solo Adventure
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 18 SE ITALY
- 19 First Solo Adventure
- 20 Crete Holiday
- 21 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 22 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?
- 23 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 24 Montreux Riviera public transport pass
- 25 Alitala