We are a family of 5 with 3 teenagers/pre-teens and plan on booking a trip to Italy late June 2015 for about 9-10 days. Kids are easy travelers. Have already visited Venice, Florence/Tuscany before without kids so would like to explore Rome/Pompeii/Amalfi Coast this time with the kids. Our thought is to fly from Boston to Rome and then start our trip immediately south. Would like to stay for 4ish days on Amalfi Coast, do a day in Pompeii and spend last 4ish days in Rome. Any suggestions for: 1) best transportation to get to AC and back up to Rome - do we need a car?, 2) should we use Sorrento or Positano as our base?, 3) must do things with teenagers in either AC or Rome, 4) any reasonably priced vrbo or hotel recommendations that sleep 5? Thank you in advance for your insights!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 alItalia
- 2 Car Rental in France - Europcar
- 3 Is Sicily Safe?
- 4 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 5 credit and debit cards
- 6 Clean up spam
- 7 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 8 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 9 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia
- 10 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 11 Mykonos Beach Club
- 12 Suggestions for two night stay near Athens airport?
- 13 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 14 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 15 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 16 Visit to Engand
- 17 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 18 Trip in September
- 19 Which city order makes most sense?
- 20 10 days in Germany, Itinerary help please!
- 21 London Restaurants
- 22 Munich Hotel Location
- 23 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 24 Croatia - Zadar or Hvar or Korcula?
- 25 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed