My partner and I will be traveling for 5 weeks starting mid May next year. We fly in and out of Rome. We have been to Italy twice in the past but have only been as far south as Amalfi, we loved Amalfi and would like to go again, this time heading further south and finishing in Sicily.
Our aim for this honeymoon is simple- relaxing. We don't want to change hotels every 2 nights, we want to settle in, enjoy the town, enjoy the food and enjoy the beach and sun.
So my very rough itinerary so far:
Rome to Sardinia -by plane or ferry- it would appear its best to go to Sardinia from Rome
6 nights in Sardinia
Sardinia to Rome/Naples
4 nights in Naples
Naples to Amalfi
6 nights in Amalfi
*Hard part*- I would like to stop somewhere on our way from Amalfi to Sicily- Maratea? Tropea? Is there a coastal town that people might suggest to stop in? Is it worth going across to Puglia? Could spend 4-6 nights in this location.
*Stop over town* to Sicily -these Sicilian towns for us to base in are yet to be decided, again any suggestions would be great 10 nights in Sicily total
5 nights Taormina?
5 nights Palermo?
There is not a lot of information to find on the south, so your suggestions and past experiences would be appreciated! Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 2 Europe in October!
- 3 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 4 Need advice on Seville-Tarifa/Tangier-Malaga itinerary
- 5 B&Bs in Ireland
- 6 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 7 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 8 travel fan 220v?
- 9 Moldova and Transnistria
- 10 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 11 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 12 What is the best flight itinerary from Los Angeles to Granada, Spain
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 14 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 15 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 16 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 17 Barcelona - places to stay
- 18 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 19 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 20 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 21 Zadar or Sibenik
- 22 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 23 Guide in Russia
- 24 Train travel
- 25 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
Southern Italy for our Honeymoon- Help with the itinerary!