My partner and I will be traveling for 5 weeks starting mid May next year. We fly in and out of Rome. We have been to Italy twice in the past but have only been as far south as Amalfi, we loved Amalfi and would like to go again, this time heading further south and finishing in Sicily.
Our aim for this honeymoon is simple- relaxing. We don't want to change hotels every 2 nights, we want to settle in, enjoy the town, enjoy the food and enjoy the beach and sun.
So my very rough itinerary so far:
Rome to Sardinia -by plane or ferry- it would appear its best to go to Sardinia from Rome
6 nights in Sardinia
Sardinia to Rome/Naples
4 nights in Naples
Naples to Amalfi
6 nights in Amalfi
*Hard part*- I would like to stop somewhere on our way from Amalfi to Sicily- Maratea? Tropea? Is there a coastal town that people might suggest to stop in? Is it worth going across to Puglia? Could spend 4-6 nights in this location.
*Stop over town* to Sicily -these Sicilian towns for us to base in are yet to be decided, again any suggestions would be great 10 nights in Sicily total
5 nights Taormina?
5 nights Palermo?
There is not a lot of information to find on the south, so your suggestions and past experiences would be appreciated! Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains in Italy
- 2 One free day in Barcelona
- 3 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 4 Sicily help
- 5 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 6 Christmas markets
- 7 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 8 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 9 PARIS
- 10 Germany or Sweden
- 11 November in Rome
- 12 Alitala
- 13 Whathello Paris
- 14 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 15 Is This SIM Mobile Computer Plan OK?
- 16 Lisbon: Stay in the city or nearby?
- 17 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 18 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 19 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 20 Rome -- The next time around
- 21 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 22 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 23 London vacation rental agency
- 24 Transport for local Venice travel
- 25 Possible French strike on 9/21
Southern Italy for our Honeymoon- Help with the itinerary!