My partner and I will be traveling for 5 weeks starting mid May next year. We fly in and out of Rome. We have been to Italy twice in the past but have only been as far south as Amalfi, we loved Amalfi and would like to go again, this time heading further south and finishing in Sicily.
Our aim for this honeymoon is simple- relaxing. We don't want to change hotels every 2 nights, we want to settle in, enjoy the town, enjoy the food and enjoy the beach and sun.
So my very rough itinerary so far:
Rome to Sardinia -by plane or ferry- it would appear its best to go to Sardinia from Rome
6 nights in Sardinia
Sardinia to Rome/Naples
4 nights in Naples
Naples to Amalfi
6 nights in Amalfi
*Hard part*- I would like to stop somewhere on our way from Amalfi to Sicily- Maratea? Tropea? Is there a coastal town that people might suggest to stop in? Is it worth going across to Puglia? Could spend 4-6 nights in this location.
*Stop over town* to Sicily -these Sicilian towns for us to base in are yet to be decided, again any suggestions would be great 10 nights in Sicily total
5 nights Taormina?
5 nights Palermo?
There is not a lot of information to find on the south, so your suggestions and past experiences would be appreciated! Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 2 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 3 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 4 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 5 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 6 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 7 Chamonix to Paris
- 8 Scotland and London 21 days
- 9 Rome to venice
- 10 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 11 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 12 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 13 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 14 Rome-Itinerary
- 15 Ireland itinerary help please
- 16 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 17 help with Italy itinerary
- 18 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 19 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 20 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 21 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 22 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 23 Amalfi Help: Logistics and Planning
- 24 Praiana to Positano
- 25 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
Southern Italy for our Honeymoon- Help with the itinerary!