In June, my two teen daughters (17, 15) and I are going to Western Ireland. On vacations, we love to wander and adventure, love to stay someplace for a few days at a time instead of moving each day and avoid urban settings--towns are nice, cities we avoid. We love off-the-beaten-path places and avoid the over hyped sites.
I am nearly done with Rick Steve's Ireland 2014 and that has basically led me to focus our upcoming vacation on the South and Western areas of Ireland. We are planning on staying 12-14 days and maybe stay at 3-4 different locations. We will likely land in Shannon and in the South, we want to do Dingle, the Ring of Kerry (which looks like more than a one day adventure), Beara Peninsula, Rock of Cashel and Kinsale/Cobh.
Initially, I was thinking of staying in Kinmare and using that as a base camp for all of these areas, but I am thinking we could do better and avoid much of the travel. Perhaps split the area in two--Dingle/Kerry and Beara/Rock/Cobh. Is this a good idea? If so, where would you stay for both areas? I am especially wondering about Kerry/Dingle to avoid those Kerry bus convoys.
Steve's book doesn't say much about Beara, nor much to the immediate North besides the touristy spots I have already listed. Can anyone tell me if Beara is a nice visit? Is there any other place in that area you would suggest that I might have missed?
Thanks for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 온라인 릴 게임 사이트 ≪접속주소 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 3 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 4 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 5 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 6 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 7 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 8 Berlin to ?
- 9 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 10 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 11 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 12 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 13 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 14 tickets for Wimbledon
- 15 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 16 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 17 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 18 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 19 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 20 Italy in January?
- 21 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 22 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 23 Renting a car in Greece
- 24 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 25 Piedmont question