My husband and I are traveling to Germany for the first time in mid July and need help planning our itinerary. We are not really interested too much in the big cities and plan to focus on the southern region – Bavaria. We live in Texas where it is flat and hot so the mountains are a must. This is a last minute trip so we do not have much time to plan so I am reaching out to all of you for some great suggestions. We did a trip to Ireland about 6 years ago and Fodors forums was such a great resource! We like a somewhat loose or flexible itinerary. We love road trips and exploring but know we need to have some sort of a plan. We fly in to Frankfurt and have a hotel booked for one night so we can rest and catch our breath. We have a car rented and plan to hit the road and head south towards Munich. We have 8 full days to explore. I’m really looking for towns and sites not to miss, suggestions on good places to stay overnight, places to eat. Do’s and don’t’s. Anything! Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Couscous
- 2 Bernese Oberland
- 3 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 4 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 5 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 6 Moscow Favorites
- 7 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 8 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 9 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 10 TIM in FCO - update
- 11 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 12 Life's most embarrassing moments
- 13 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 14 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 15 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 16 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 17 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 18 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 19 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 20 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 21 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 22 Cartagena Spain
- 23 Snowmobile tracks in Lapland
- 24 Trip to Switzerland
- 25 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London