My husband and I are traveling to Germany for the first time in mid July and need help planning our itinerary. We are not really interested too much in the big cities and plan to focus on the southern region – Bavaria. We live in Texas where it is flat and hot so the mountains are a must. This is a last minute trip so we do not have much time to plan so I am reaching out to all of you for some great suggestions. We did a trip to Ireland about 6 years ago and Fodors forums was such a great resource! We like a somewhat loose or flexible itinerary. We love road trips and exploring but know we need to have some sort of a plan. We fly in to Frankfurt and have a hotel booked for one night so we can rest and catch our breath. We have a car rented and plan to hit the road and head south towards Munich. We have 8 full days to explore. I’m really looking for towns and sites not to miss, suggestions on good places to stay overnight, places to eat. Do’s and don’t’s. Anything! Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Water Shortage
- 2 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 3 The DCC scam is spreading
- 4 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 5 Getting around London
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 8 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 9 Paris in August
- 10 Train travel to and from Paris
- 11 Christmas in Spain
- 12 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 13 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 14 Vigo Spain????
- 15 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 16 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 17 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 18 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 19 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 20 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 21 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 22 Andalucia Spain
- 23 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 24 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 25 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!