My husband and I are traveling to Germany for the first time in mid July and need help planning our itinerary. We are not really interested too much in the big cities and plan to focus on the southern region – Bavaria. We live in Texas where it is flat and hot so the mountains are a must. This is a last minute trip so we do not have much time to plan so I am reaching out to all of you for some great suggestions. We did a trip to Ireland about 6 years ago and Fodors forums was such a great resource! We like a somewhat loose or flexible itinerary. We love road trips and exploring but know we need to have some sort of a plan. We fly in to Frankfurt and have a hotel booked for one night so we can rest and catch our breath. We have a car rented and plan to hit the road and head south towards Munich. We have 8 full days to explore. I’m really looking for towns and sites not to miss, suggestions on good places to stay overnight, places to eat. Do’s and don’t’s. Anything! Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming areas to explore in London
- 2 Stu Tower
- 3 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 4 YIKES!
- 5 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 6 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 7 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 8 travel around Spain
- 9 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 10 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 11 Madeira-anyone been recently?
- 12 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 13 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 14 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 15 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 16 Labor Day in Paris
- 17 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 18 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 19 Need Mobile phone advice for Italy
- 20 Train up the Jungfrau
- 21 credit and debit cards
- 22 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions
- 23 Almalfi
- 24 hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona
- 25 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations