We're hiring a car for 8 days in southern Germany next year and I just wanted to see what people suggested as the best pick up / drop off locations. I'd rather avoid the bigger cities if possible.
My plan is to catch the train from Frankfurt to Offenburg and pick up a car here, but the drop off place is the one I'm not sure about.
We will end up at Hotel Haus Lippman in Beilstein and need to get to Cologne. I think the best options for car drop off are:
- Mayen (the train is then 1h 40m to Cologne)
- Koblenz (direct train to Cologne in 1hr)
- Cologne Airport (direct train to Cologne in 15mins)
We've driven in Tuscany and Burgunday before, but not Germany. We won't be doing any sightseeing on the way from Beistein to the drop off location as we want to head straight to Cologne.
Is there a preferred drop off place that isn't a big city to drive through from the above 3 locations? Alternate suggestions are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Read Info@>>http://wellnessfeeds.com/zko-skin-cream/
- 2 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 3 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 4 Borghese Gallery Question
- 5 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 6 Sicily help
- 7 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 8 Italy Vacation
- 9 Stu Tower
- 10 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 11 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 12 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 13 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 14 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 15 London vacation rental agency
- 16 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 17 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 18 Germany or Sweden
- 19 Cork questions
- 20 Crete Holiday
- 21 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 22 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 23 Regent Seven Seas Cruise?
- 24 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 25 Spain: train/rental car help