We're hiring a car for 8 days in southern Germany next year and I just wanted to see what people suggested as the best pick up / drop off locations. I'd rather avoid the bigger cities if possible.
My plan is to catch the train from Frankfurt to Offenburg and pick up a car here, but the drop off place is the one I'm not sure about.
We will end up at Hotel Haus Lippman in Beilstein and need to get to Cologne. I think the best options for car drop off are:
- Mayen (the train is then 1h 40m to Cologne)
- Koblenz (direct train to Cologne in 1hr)
- Cologne Airport (direct train to Cologne in 15mins)
We've driven in Tuscany and Burgunday before, but not Germany. We won't be doing any sightseeing on the way from Beistein to the drop off location as we want to head straight to Cologne.
Is there a preferred drop off place that isn't a big city to drive through from the above 3 locations? Alternate suggestions are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 2 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 3 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 4 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 5 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 6 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 7 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 8 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 9 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 10 38 Days in Paris
- 11 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 12 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 13 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 14 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 15 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 16 How the kids age calculated
- 17 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 18 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 21 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 22 Beaune France
- 23 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 24 Firt time VISA applicant
- 25 Cordoba Overnight?