My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon (Sept 24 - October 4/5). We fly into Paris and plan to spend 2 full days there, but we are just so torn on whether to take a train from Paris to Provence region then finish up in Tuscany and fly home from Florence. Or whether we should go from Southern France to Naples, Amalfi Coast, Capri, et cetera. OR perhaps there is a third itinerary we aren't even contemplating.
Here is what we are broadly looking for/what we enjoy:
- Beautiful country & Beautiful coastal towns
- Great food
- Great ambiance
- Historical sights
- Ability to bike to different locations or wineries would be great
- Museums/Metropolitan culture (though I think we will accomplish that in Paris).
My fiance really wants to go to the Tuscan region, however I've been previously been (though I haven't focused my time on wine while I was there). I'm open to going back so long as the experience isn't wholly repetitive. We are both open to other wine regions, including places in France I haven't mentioned.
Please feel free to make suggestions!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 2 Firt time VISA applicant
- 3 Cordoba Overnight?
- 4 Beaune France
- 5 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 6 advance tickets?
- 7 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 8 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 9 38 Days in Paris
- 10 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 11 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 12 A week in Paris
- 13 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 14 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 15 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 16 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 17 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 18 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 19 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 20 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 21 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 22 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 23 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 24 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 25 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
Southern France & Tuscany or Southern France & Naples/Amalfi Coast