My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon (Sept 24 - October 4/5). We fly into Paris and plan to spend 2 full days there, but we are just so torn on whether to take a train from Paris to Provence region then finish up in Tuscany and fly home from Florence. Or whether we should go from Southern France to Naples, Amalfi Coast, Capri, et cetera. OR perhaps there is a third itinerary we aren't even contemplating.
Here is what we are broadly looking for/what we enjoy:
- Beautiful country & Beautiful coastal towns
- Great food
- Great ambiance
- Historical sights
- Ability to bike to different locations or wineries would be great
- Museums/Metropolitan culture (though I think we will accomplish that in Paris).
My fiance really wants to go to the Tuscan region, however I've been previously been (though I haven't focused my time on wine while I was there). I'm open to going back so long as the experience isn't wholly repetitive. We are both open to other wine regions, including places in France I haven't mentioned.
Please feel free to make suggestions!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Oporto
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 6 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 7 Perugia
- 8 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 9 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 10 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 11 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 12 Ronda Wine/biking
- 13 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 14 St Denis Cathedral
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 16 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 17 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 18 Andalucia itinerary help
- 19 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 20 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 21 Mayrhofen August with nearly 5 year old and 5 months old?
- 22 Day trips from Florence
- 23 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 24 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 25 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
Southern France & Tuscany or Southern France & Naples/Amalfi Coast