A childhood friend is getting married in Dijon in early July, so five to six of us want to extend our stay after the wedding in Southern France. We are looking for a good "hub" to stay for 3-4 nights and are really struggling. We want to keep this trip at a reasonable budget and really want to be near a great beach. I have been to St. Tropaz, Antibes, Cannes, Nice, Ville Franche Sur Mer, Cap Ferret, and Monte Carlo, so I am hoping to explore some other cities. We have been looking at places further west of these cities, ie Marseille, Cassis, and Bandol, but it has been difficult to find a place and a good itinerary. Does anyone have some good suggestions of which cities we should visit for these 4-5 days as well as where we should make our "hub" (specific city and possibly specific hotel/b&b)? Any tips would be much appreciated!
Southern France Suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 2 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 3 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 4 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 5 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 6 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 7 3 Countries - Bar Trip - need advice
- 8 Italy travelogue, Part III (Positano & the Amalfi Coast)
- 9 St Germain
- 10 A Greek sojourn
- 11 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 12 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 13 Burgundy in May
- 14 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..
- 15 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 16 AIRBNB in Paris?
- 17 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 18 Need help with Baltics trip.
- 19 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 20 Kimhe--flamenco
- 21 2 weeks in Norway in May, need itinerary help!
- 22 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 23 Norway Advice
- 24 Transportation or Driver recommendations / experiences Ireland/ N Ireland
- 25 Small town near London for an overnight stay - suggestions please