A childhood friend is getting married in Dijon in early July, so five to six of us want to extend our stay after the wedding in Southern France. We are looking for a good "hub" to stay for 3-4 nights and are really struggling. We want to keep this trip at a reasonable budget and really want to be near a great beach. I have been to St. Tropaz, Antibes, Cannes, Nice, Ville Franche Sur Mer, Cap Ferret, and Monte Carlo, so I am hoping to explore some other cities. We have been looking at places further west of these cities, ie Marseille, Cassis, and Bandol, but it has been difficult to find a place and a good itinerary. Does anyone have some good suggestions of which cities we should visit for these 4-5 days as well as where we should make our "hub" (specific city and possibly specific hotel/b&b)? Any tips would be much appreciated!
Southern France Suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Early October 2014 Trip to Mosel Valley and Rhineland
- 2 Scotland Votes "No"
- 3 1 week Tuscany in November
- 4 Gift for French business associate
- 5 help- newbies to international travel- Italy logistics
- 6 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 7 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 8 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 9 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 10 Help please! Value lodging in Italy
- 11 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 12 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 13 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 14 Hvar Town or Stari Grad
- 15 Gtg San Antonio
- 16 10 Days in France/No. Spain starting tomorrow
- 17 Airbnb scam
- 18 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 19 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 20 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 21 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 22 Italy trip advice
- 23 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 24 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 25 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction