A childhood friend is getting married in Dijon in early July, so five to six of us want to extend our stay after the wedding in Southern France. We are looking for a good "hub" to stay for 3-4 nights and are really struggling. We want to keep this trip at a reasonable budget and really want to be near a great beach. I have been to St. Tropaz, Antibes, Cannes, Nice, Ville Franche Sur Mer, Cap Ferret, and Monte Carlo, so I am hoping to explore some other cities. We have been looking at places further west of these cities, ie Marseille, Cassis, and Bandol, but it has been difficult to find a place and a good itinerary. Does anyone have some good suggestions of which cities we should visit for these 4-5 days as well as where we should make our "hub" (specific city and possibly specific hotel/b&b)? Any tips would be much appreciated!
Southern France Suggestions
- 1 Which travel plan?
- 2 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 3 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 4 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 7 Madrid to Sevilla
- 8 To Paris and Provence in June
- 9 London at Easter
- 10 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 11 Prague - must see
- 12 Travel by train or bus
- 13 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 14 Car in Prague
- 15 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 16 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 17 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 18 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 19 Family European winter holiday
- 20 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 21 Planning a holiday
- 22 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 23 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 24 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 25 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga