We are planning a trip in late March to visit our DD in Lausanne. She's been studying abroad and we can't resist the chance to go back and visit her once more before her year ends.
We have booked RT tickets SFO - GVA. Land in GVA on Wed March 23. Will train to Lausanne and stay there 2 - 3 nights.
We had been looking at taking a river cruise along the Rhone River. But I just can't do it. I'm afraid we will be wishing for more time on our own. I know we will take a river cruise someday but this spring is not the time. We were thinking to head to the south of France, the Provence area. We have 9 nights to plan for. There are two Sundays in those 9 nights, the first Sunday is Easter Sunday. So I am concerned about where we are on those Sundays and the ability to still have the opportunity for sightseeing on those days.
Reading as much as I can on the area and think that perhaps Arles, Avignon and Aix-en-Provence would be plenty to see.
We have been to Marseille and seen Monaco so not thinking we need to go over that way.
Also, DH is not fond of driving, is it possible to train to these areas, and perhaps sign up for a few day tours that would get us out in the country a bit? Any recommendations on good day tours you have been on in the area? Otherwise, we may rent a car in one of these towns, use it for a few days then return it. Interested in your thoughts and experiences in the area.
We will train back to Lausanne on Monday April 4, stay there two nights, then Geneva the last night before returning home on the 7th.
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 인터넷바둑이┏下】 SOJU98。ZE。AM 【下┓인터넷바둑이
- 2 온라인바둑이┏过】 SOJU98。ZE。AM 【过┓온라인바둑이
- 3 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 4 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 5 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 6 Walking itinerary in England?
- 7 지존게임┏送】 SOJU98。ZE。AM 【送┓지존게임
- 8 Where are the ALERT buttons for unreadable Asian-language messages?
- 9 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 10 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 11 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 12 Killarney
- 13 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 14 Ireland itinerary help please
- 15 No Periods in British Written English!
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 18 Rome-Itinerary
- 19 Italy bus or train
- 20 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 21 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 22 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 23 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 24 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 25 Greek fuel cost
Southern France itinerary, transportation, possible day tours