We are planning a trip in late March to visit our DD in Lausanne. She's been studying abroad and we can't resist the chance to go back and visit her once more before her year ends.
We have booked RT tickets SFO - GVA. Land in GVA on Wed March 23. Will train to Lausanne and stay there 2 - 3 nights.
We had been looking at taking a river cruise along the Rhone River. But I just can't do it. I'm afraid we will be wishing for more time on our own. I know we will take a river cruise someday but this spring is not the time. We were thinking to head to the south of France, the Provence area. We have 9 nights to plan for. There are two Sundays in those 9 nights, the first Sunday is Easter Sunday. So I am concerned about where we are on those Sundays and the ability to still have the opportunity for sightseeing on those days.
Reading as much as I can on the area and think that perhaps Arles, Avignon and Aix-en-Provence would be plenty to see.
We have been to Marseille and seen Monaco so not thinking we need to go over that way.
Also, DH is not fond of driving, is it possible to train to these areas, and perhaps sign up for a few day tours that would get us out in the country a bit? Any recommendations on good day tours you have been on in the area? Otherwise, we may rent a car in one of these towns, use it for a few days then return it. Interested in your thoughts and experiences in the area.
We will train back to Lausanne on Monday April 4, stay there two nights, then Geneva the last night before returning home on the 7th.
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 2 Hilton CPH no loner
- 3 Best way to walk up Gianicolo hill Rome
- 4 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 5 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 6 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 7 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 8 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 9 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 10 Wedding in Finland
- 11 travel around Spain
- 12 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 13 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 14 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 15 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 16 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 17 Cornwall UK
- 18 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 19 French Wedding
- 20 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 21 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 22 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 23 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 24 I may be wrong....
- 25 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
Southern France itinerary, transportation, possible day tours