After a tour in Normandy I plan to head south to Sarlat and spend 6 days there before flying home out of Toulouse. Do I want to take the train from Normandy to Sarlat or mayabe stop along the way in the Loire valley before Sarlat? Or rent a car in Limoges and drive to Sarlat? I am traveling alone. I was in Paris in September and the traffic was a little scary but I'm wondering if it is calmer in the rural areas. My plan is to explore the countryside by car, visiting castles and caves and small villages. I'm not much interested in the big city. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 2 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 3 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 4 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 5 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 6 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 7 Fashion for larger man?
- 8 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 9 London 2nd time around
- 10 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 11 Traveling in France by train
- 12 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 13 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 14 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 15 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 16 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 17 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 18 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 19 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 20 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 21 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 22 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 23 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 24 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 25 Sicily - not a trip report