After a tour in Normandy I plan to head south to Sarlat and spend 6 days there before flying home out of Toulouse. Do I want to take the train from Normandy to Sarlat or mayabe stop along the way in the Loire valley before Sarlat? Or rent a car in Limoges and drive to Sarlat? I am traveling alone. I was in Paris in September and the traffic was a little scary but I'm wondering if it is calmer in the rural areas. My plan is to explore the countryside by car, visiting castles and caves and small villages. I'm not much interested in the big city. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 40 Major Tourist Scams
- 2 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 3 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 4 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 5 Northern Lights - What else to see
- 6 10 days in England
- 7 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 8 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 9 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 10 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 11 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 12 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 13 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 14 Which One?
- 15 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 16 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 17 month's stay in Italy
- 18 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 19 Planning third trip to France-where to next?
- 20 International driving permit required in France?
- 21 Visit to Bath and London england
- 22 Germany Visa for conference
- 23 Food in Paris-Dining out
- 24 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 25 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey