After a tour in Normandy I plan to head south to Sarlat and spend 6 days there before flying home out of Toulouse. Do I want to take the train from Normandy to Sarlat or mayabe stop along the way in the Loire valley before Sarlat? Or rent a car in Limoges and drive to Sarlat? I am traveling alone. I was in Paris in September and the traffic was a little scary but I'm wondering if it is calmer in the rural areas. My plan is to explore the countryside by car, visiting castles and caves and small villages. I'm not much interested in the big city. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MARSEILLES - Day trip - CASSIS or AVIGNON ?
- 2 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 3 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 4 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 5 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 6 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 7 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 8 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 9 hotels in Seville
- 10 Sicily Suggetions
- 11 car rental companies Italy
- 12 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 13 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 14 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 15 Nice hotel in Garmisch, Fussen or Mittenwald
- 16 Mykonos - Ornos beach question
- 17 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 18 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 19 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 20 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 21 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 22 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 23 Mykonos Grand, Cavo Tagoo, Saint Johns, Belvedere or Grace?
- 24 Paris in April?
- 25 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!