I have been planning a trip for 4 of us aged between 25 - 32. We like a good mixture of beach, history, seeing the sites etc (i.e. partying is not a priority - good food, scenery and good company will do!).
We have pulled together the following plans for the Turkey portion of our trip - mid July. As per usual, we would love to do everything but there just isnt enough time.
Day 1 arrive in Instanbul at 11.25am
Day 2 Instabul
Day 3 Gallipoli trip from Istanbul (not interested in Troy)
Day 4 Istanbul - with overnight bus to Cappadocia (Goreme)
Day 5 Goreme - potentially sign up for a tour
Day 6 Goreme - hot air balloon and other sights with over night bus to Fethiye
Day 7 Fethiye - hang at beach/oludeniz, potter around
Day 8 Fethiye - day boat trip
Day 9 Fethiye to Selcuk stopping along the way
Day 10 Ephesus sights and travel to Bodrum
Day 11 Bodrum ferry to Greek islands (all sorted)
I have a few questions:
- What kind of tours have people done in Cappadocia? Do you book when you arrive? Usually this is cheaper but wasnt sure is this was possible?
- Any recommendations for balloon tours - again should we book when we get there?
- Overnight Bus from Goreme to Fethiye - I am struggling to find concrete evidence of this on the net. It seems there might be one using the metro company website, but I wanted to make sure this is possible as the english translation wasnt great.
- We were wanting to hire a car when we got to Fethiye. That way we could go to Olundeiz without issues and drive to Selcuk as there doesnt seem to be buses that go directly there. Has anyone done this, and who did you book through? I am looking at Rentalcars.com at the moment (the new name for carehire 3000).
Any good natured advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 2 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 3 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 4 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 5 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 6 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 7 "Never Mind"
- 8 Prague - ATMs and Cash
- 9 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 10 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 11 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 12 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 13 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 14 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 15 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 16 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 17 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 18 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 19 First time in Bulgaria
- 20 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 21 Italian lakes
- 22 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 23 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 24 Is the Amalfi Coast kid friendly enough
- 25 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?