My friend and I will be travelling from Montpellier to Nice by car in two weeks. We will be leaving at around noon and will have the rest of the day/evening to reach our destination. We can arrive as late as we would like. We would like to make a stop or two along the way (perhaps for dinner somewhere or some sightseeing) and catch a glimpse of the renowned French Riviera/French countryside.
We originally imagined Marseille would be the city we would stop in. However, after some thought, I'm leaning towards establishing some other options. Marseille seems like it is too large for one day, and there are many other cities/towns that might be preferable on this occasion. However, if anyone can tell me why Marseille is still the best option, I'm all ears!
So with that, if anyone can suggest one town/city they would choose to spend a few hours in, it would be much appreciated. A little about us to help guide your recommendations:
We are both in our late 20s, originally from Europe and well travelled. One is desirous of seeing beaches and more modern cities, while the other is leaning towards vineyards, winding roads, and the countryside. If you can provide suggestions for both "types", that would be ideal!
Thank you in advance for your consideration!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 2 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 3 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 4 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 5 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 6 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 7 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 8 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 9 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 10 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 11 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 12 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 13 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 14 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 15 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 16 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 17 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 18 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 19 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 20 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 21 WWI Battlefields
- 22 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 23 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 24 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 25 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip