I've read countless threads and yet still don't know how I should organise my holiday, so I'm going to post it here to ask you guys for recommendations!
I'm planning to visit South of france from 7th July - 17th July. I will be travelling with my sister from 7th to 13th and then with my boyfriend from 14th and we need to out of France in the early morning of the 14th (hopefully from Nice airport) to Brussels for a music festival.
- none of us can drive so we will have to resort to public transport
- my sister and I have been to Nice and Monaco so we would not like to repeat that, but otherwise we're very flexible as to where to visit, my main concern is where is most interesting / convenient
- Also, I see that it is lavender season, so I would like to see it, I don't mind seeing it with my sister and then repeating it with my boyfriend so they can both enjoy the views. I've considered staying in Avignon with my sister for 2 days then with the boyfriend until we leave, however I'm concerned that since it's the theatre festival, it might be too packed and busy?
- Also, my boyfriend has expressed a wish to go to somewhere more relaxing, with a slight preference for beach, whereas my sister does not mind.
- Finally, on the 17th we would like to end on a destination near Nice so we can fly out of Nice.
Potential itineraries I've thought about:
7th to 13th
Marseille, cassis to see the rocks, avignon with my sister?
- would you recommend staying all 7 days in Marseille, and taking day trips, or moving? We wouldn't like to move more than once within 7 days probably.
- I've read that Antibes is nice too and probably closer to Cannes if that's my next destination, could we work that in instead of avignon if avignon is too busy in July for a visit?
14th - 17th
then avignon with my boyfriend, or maybe cannes with my boyfriend? I think the nearest from Cannes is Pays de Valensole, or Saint-Honorat island which is accessible by boat? I'm currently leaning towards Cannes as he can benefit the beach, we can take 1 day tour from there to see lavender, and it's near Nice where we'd like to fly out of.
Sorry about the length and complexity of this post! Thank you so much in advance for your time and looking forward to hearing your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 2 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 5 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 6 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 7 Greek fuel cost
- 8 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 9 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 10 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 11 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 12 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 13 Day trips from Florence
- 14 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 15 May get together in Paris
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 Madrid/Lisbon
- 18 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 19 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 20 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 21 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 22 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 23 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 24 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 25 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation