I was told by somebody in France that there is a very pleasant train ride that can be done starting from Marseille that goes to Italy. Apparently, it is along the coast and it is gorgeous; it has the sea on one side and the mountains on the other.
My understanding is that it stops frequently, I think it is a regional train, and I can choose to hop on and off the train whenever I want. I would like to go to Nice or perhaps even a city in Italy, but I don't know which one. I have no knowledge of that part of Italy.
I want to leave on a Monday and be back to Marseille on Wednesday night or Thursday morning since I have a flight out to Greece.
Does anybody have more information about this? I don't know what this train is called, how it works (I like the idea of being able to hop on and off at will but I don't understand how I can purchase that option. How is it called?), does it run during the night so I can sleep in the train and save a night at a hostel, or where I should stop along the way.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 helping getting to and from Guarda
- 2 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 3 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 4 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 5 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 6 February in Florence
- 7 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 8 Praiana to Positano
- 9 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 10 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 11 Barcelona and...
- 12 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 13 Canal du Midi
- 14 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 15 Family vacation to europe
- 16 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 17 Day in Madrid
- 18 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 19 charming cities in Spain
- 20 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 21 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 22 Travel from Paris to Geneva
- 23 What to do in Lefkada, Greece?
- 24 Spain during Holy Week
- 25 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu