I was told by somebody in France that there is a very pleasant train ride that can be done starting from Marseille that goes to Italy. Apparently, it is along the coast and it is gorgeous; it has the sea on one side and the mountains on the other.
My understanding is that it stops frequently, I think it is a regional train, and I can choose to hop on and off the train whenever I want. I would like to go to Nice or perhaps even a city in Italy, but I don't know which one. I have no knowledge of that part of Italy.
I want to leave on a Monday and be back to Marseille on Wednesday night or Thursday morning since I have a flight out to Greece.
Does anybody have more information about this? I don't know what this train is called, how it works (I like the idea of being able to hop on and off at will but I don't understand how I can purchase that option. How is it called?), does it run during the night so I can sleep in the train and save a night at a hostel, or where I should stop along the way.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 2 Piedmont as a destination
- 3 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 4 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 5 Passport proplems
- 6 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 7 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 8 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 9 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 10 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 11 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 12 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 13 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 14 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 15 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 16 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 17 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 18 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 19 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 20 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 21 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 22 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 23 Itinerary help...
- 24 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 25 Shoes for little feet in Spain