I was told by somebody in France that there is a very pleasant train ride that can be done starting from Marseille that goes to Italy. Apparently, it is along the coast and it is gorgeous; it has the sea on one side and the mountains on the other.
My understanding is that it stops frequently, I think it is a regional train, and I can choose to hop on and off the train whenever I want. I would like to go to Nice or perhaps even a city in Italy, but I don't know which one. I have no knowledge of that part of Italy.
I want to leave on a Monday and be back to Marseille on Wednesday night or Thursday morning since I have a flight out to Greece.
Does anybody have more information about this? I don't know what this train is called, how it works (I like the idea of being able to hop on and off at will but I don't understand how I can purchase that option. How is it called?), does it run during the night so I can sleep in the train and save a night at a hostel, or where I should stop along the way.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avoid Europcar!
- 2 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 3 Scotland - We're Here!
- 4 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 5 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 6 Paris for children
- 7 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 8 Couscous
- 9 European Vacation 2017
- 10 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 11 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 12 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 13 Naples + Walking Tour
- 14 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 15 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 16 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 17 16 days in France and Italy
- 18 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 19 One July night in Verona - help!
- 20 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 21 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 22 London in September
- 23 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 24 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 25 IWM