As a new member to this forum, I am hoping that you can share your advice with me concerning our family's summer vacation.
My husband and I and our 2 sons, ages 17 and 15, enjoy everything a mediterranean vacation can offer, including, museums, medieval villages, good food, beaches, staying up late walking and enjoying the towns and it's people as well as driving through scenic areas.
We have our return flights booked to Nice and have a total of 15 days (not including travel days) to spend on our vacation.
We would like to see Nice, Antibes, St. Tropez, as well as some medeival towns like Eze. How much time should we allocate to this region? Where should we base ourselves?
As well, we either want to drive east into Italy and see Parma and Bologna, or take a short flight to Corsica, and spend time there, with maybe a short ferry to Sardinia for a few days. We are leaning towards Corsica/Sardinia as we have visited Italy 3 out of last 4 summers, seeing many parts of that beautiful country.
If we do choose to go to Corsica, where should we base ourselves and how many days do we need? Are there medieval towns near sandy beaches? Would it be possible to allocate a few days to Sardinia?
Your help would be really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 2 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 3 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 4 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 5 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 6 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 7 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 8 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 9 Where to buy Saffron?
- 10 English Countryside
- 11 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 12 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 13 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 14 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 15 Super Cover For Hertz
- 16 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 17 4 days itinerary for France
- 18 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 19 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 20 Is it worth it to drive into Positano...& Amalfi Coast by land or sea?
- 21 When to Visit Scotland
- 22 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 23 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 24 House Hunting in France
- 25 Itinerary Tweaking