I am leaving the country for the first time and staying for the month of June with a couple in Germany about an hour from Stuttgart. Then, for the month of July, i will be splitting time between a family in Paris and then one in Versailles.
My question is: I don't have much money, but what are some things that i just have to do there, being it is my first time?
I'm not a big city fan; i'm looking forward to walking around villages and tasting food and drink.
Experiencing the culture and people is important to me because i am of German and French decent (i'm also Swiss; i'd like to go to Switzerland if it isn't too expensive)
Thanks for your time!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days each in London and Paris
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 4 A few more questions about Brittany
- 5 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 6 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 7 Positano or Sorrento?
- 8 Paris in November
- 9 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 10 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 11 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 12 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 13 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 14 London Theater
- 15 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 16 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 17 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 18 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 19 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 20 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 21 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 22 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map
- 23 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Switzerland in September