I'm looking to take a trip to South Eastern Europe in March/April. From Moldova to Romania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Kosovo, Albania, Montenegro, and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
I would like to take the train between the countries. I could only find the "lonely planet" South-Eastern-Europe guidebook...but I don't really like this company's guidebooks, I prefer the rough guides. Is there another book similar to rough guides that covers all the countries I would like to visit?
I was also wondering if anyone had any idea on train prices in this area? I know they shouldn't be too high (at least in Romania).
Does anyone have any "must-see" places in these countries? I could spend up to 4 or 5 weeks in the area
Thanks in advance!
south eastern europe by train and walking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 2 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 3 Madrid apartments
- 4 flea markets in France
- 5 London neighborhood suggestions
- 6 Two days to spend in northern Spain traveling by car
- 7 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 8 I need a haircut
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Timing a river cruise
- 11 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 12 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 13 We Need a Pact
- 14 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 15 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 16 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 17 Tipping in Greece
- 18 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 19 Honeymooning in Europe
- 20 Southern France
- 21 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 22 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 23 Spain tips beyond safety
- 24 Small group for Colosseum
- 25 American electrical gadgets