I'm looking to take a trip to South Eastern Europe in March/April. From Moldova to Romania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Kosovo, Albania, Montenegro, and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
I would like to take the train between the countries. I could only find the "lonely planet" South-Eastern-Europe guidebook...but I don't really like this company's guidebooks, I prefer the rough guides. Is there another book similar to rough guides that covers all the countries I would like to visit?
I was also wondering if anyone had any idea on train prices in this area? I know they shouldn't be too high (at least in Romania).
Does anyone have any "must-see" places in these countries? I could spend up to 4 or 5 weeks in the area
Thanks in advance!
south eastern europe by train and walking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cell phones in Ireland
- 2 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 3 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 4 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 5 'Non war cemetery' Allied war graves in France (and elsewhere)
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 8 Priceline for London hotels
- 9 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 10 Ireland itinerary
- 11 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 12 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 13 Fjords, How To?
- 14 Istanbul Itinerary
- 15 7 Nights in Paris
- 16 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 17 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 18 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 19 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 20 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 21 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 22 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?
- 23 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 24 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 25 London neighborhood suggestions