I'm looking to take a trip to South Eastern Europe in March/April. From Moldova to Romania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Kosovo, Albania, Montenegro, and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
I would like to take the train between the countries. I could only find the "lonely planet" South-Eastern-Europe guidebook...but I don't really like this company's guidebooks, I prefer the rough guides. Is there another book similar to rough guides that covers all the countries I would like to visit?
I was also wondering if anyone had any idea on train prices in this area? I know they shouldn't be too high (at least in Romania).
Does anyone have any "must-see" places in these countries? I could spend up to 4 or 5 weeks in the area
Thanks in advance!
south eastern europe by train and walking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip from London to Paris
- 2 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 3 Three days in Spain
- 4 Location of hotel in Rome
- 5 Croatia - Hvar or Korcula or both?
- 6 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 7 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 8 Need advice for this
- 9 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 10 Welcome
- 11 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 12 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 13 one last portugal car rental question
- 14 Train: Bordeaux to San Sebastian
- 15 Prague - Tram #22
- 16 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 17 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 18 RentalCars.com: Is it a reliable company?
- 19 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 20 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 21 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 22 hotels in Seville
- 23 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 24 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 25 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam