My friends and I are going to be in Naples for a few days and we thought we would spend 1 day, specifically a Saturday going to Vesuvius/Pompeii in the morning (8-12ish) and Sorrento in the afternoon. We're def planning on taking the circumvesuivian train in the morning to Pompeii Scavii. But I'm slightly concerned about returning to Naples in later afternoon/early night from everything Ive read online and in some books.
Anyone have an reassurances about the train at this time? Or any idea about how late the ferry back to Naples runs in July on a Saturday?
I will say this, the 3 of us are not new or inexperienced travelers (just not experienced in Italy lol) and we have lived and used public transpo in cities like NY, Philly, Chicago so no stranger to being cautious.But if anyone has any advice or opinion it would be very welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 aol 1800:681:7208 password recovery CONTACT AOL Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 God Save the Queen?
- 3 Iceland
- 4 Frankfurt to UK
- 5 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 6 Spanish Medical Providers
- 7 Paris to Italy
- 8 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 9 Milan or Turin
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 11 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 12 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 13 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 16 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 17 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 18 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 19 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 20 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 21 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 24 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 25 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!