My friends and I are going to be in Naples for a few days and we thought we would spend 1 day, specifically a Saturday going to Vesuvius/Pompeii in the morning (8-12ish) and Sorrento in the afternoon. We're def planning on taking the circumvesuivian train in the morning to Pompeii Scavii. But I'm slightly concerned about returning to Naples in later afternoon/early night from everything Ive read online and in some books.
Anyone have an reassurances about the train at this time? Or any idea about how late the ferry back to Naples runs in July on a Saturday?
I will say this, the 3 of us are not new or inexperienced travelers (just not experienced in Italy lol) and we have lived and used public transpo in cities like NY, Philly, Chicago so no stranger to being cautious.But if anyone has any advice or opinion it would be very welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 2 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 3 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 4 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 5 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 6 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 7 Chania
- 8 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 9 Car rental in Santorini port
- 10 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 11 Renting a car in Greece
- 12 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 13 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 14 renting a car in greece
- 15 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 16 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 17 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 18 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 19 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 20 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 21 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 22 retruning to US with souveniers
- 23 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 24 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 25 First steps for Russian trip planning