My friends and I are going to be in Naples for a few days and we thought we would spend 1 day, specifically a Saturday going to Vesuvius/Pompeii in the morning (8-12ish) and Sorrento in the afternoon. We're def planning on taking the circumvesuivian train in the morning to Pompeii Scavii. But I'm slightly concerned about returning to Naples in later afternoon/early night from everything Ive read online and in some books.
Anyone have an reassurances about the train at this time? Or any idea about how late the ferry back to Naples runs in July on a Saturday?
I will say this, the 3 of us are not new or inexperienced travelers (just not experienced in Italy lol) and we have lived and used public transpo in cities like NY, Philly, Chicago so no stranger to being cautious.But if anyone has any advice or opinion it would be very welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Campervan in Croatia
- 2 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 3 K-Day
- 4 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 5 Things to do in Brussels
- 6 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 7 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 10 UK Visa Help
- 11 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 12 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 13 Spain in December
- 14 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 15 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 16 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 17 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 18 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 19 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 20 Cell Phone Question
- 21 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 22 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 23 Greek Islands (small)
- 24 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 25 Aix en Provence Day Trips