My friends and I are going to be in Naples for a few days and we thought we would spend 1 day, specifically a Saturday going to Vesuvius/Pompeii in the morning (8-12ish) and Sorrento in the afternoon. We're def planning on taking the circumvesuivian train in the morning to Pompeii Scavii. But I'm slightly concerned about returning to Naples in later afternoon/early night from everything Ive read online and in some books.
Anyone have an reassurances about the train at this time? Or any idea about how late the ferry back to Naples runs in July on a Saturday?
I will say this, the 3 of us are not new or inexperienced travelers (just not experienced in Italy lol) and we have lived and used public transpo in cities like NY, Philly, Chicago so no stranger to being cautious.But if anyone has any advice or opinion it would be very welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thinking about the Fjords
- 2 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 3 Italy travel plan help
- 4 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 5 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 6 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 7 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 8 road trip through scotland
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 11 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 12 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 13 Poland to Austria In December
- 14 Tracking the Weather
- 15 Camping on the Tour of Mont Blanc
- 16 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 17 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 18 Globus Iberian Tour
- 19 What are your St. Petersburg, Russia experiences?
- 20 base for Andalucia
- 21 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 22 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 23 Budapest Card
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne