We are returning to Italy and are finalizing our itinerary and wondered if we should make Sorrento or Naples our home base for visiting the Amalfi Coast and surrounding area. I realize that Naples is a big city and have read all the comments about how "unsafe" it can be but also realize that street smarts is important in any large city. I would like to hear from anyone who has stayed in both places and what are the differences and suggestions as to which one we should make our home base. Our travel agent (who is from Italy and returns once a month) has arranged a guide for us in Naples, saying that he would not send us there without a guide.
Sorrento or Naples?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He said , she said
- 2 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 3 Munich with a car?
- 4 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 5 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 6 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 7 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 8 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 9 Itinerary Help!
- 10 Toulouse and beyond -
- 11 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 12 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 13 tour guides in rome
- 14 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 15 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 16 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 17 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 18 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 19 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 20 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 21 Seaside island village in Greece
- 22 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 23 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 24 7 days in Greece
- 25 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken