We are returning to Italy and are finalizing our itinerary and wondered if we should make Sorrento or Naples our home base for visiting the Amalfi Coast and surrounding area. I realize that Naples is a big city and have read all the comments about how "unsafe" it can be but also realize that street smarts is important in any large city. I would like to hear from anyone who has stayed in both places and what are the differences and suggestions as to which one we should make our home base. Our travel agent (who is from Italy and returns once a month) has arranged a guide for us in Naples, saying that he would not send us there without a guide.
Sorrento or Naples?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 2 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 3 Raining in rome
- 4 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 5 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 6 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 7 Best town to stay in when visiting Grossglockner area in Austria?
- 8 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 9 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 10 İstanbul Travel guide
- 11 To live in Cinque Terre National Park
- 12 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 13 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 14 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 15 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 16 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 17 Prague - cool & unusual things to see
- 18 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 19 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 20 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 21 Italian Lakes
- 22 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 23 Amsterdam and An Amputee
- 24 Dolomites - Where to stay!
- 25 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience