We are returning to Italy and are finalizing our itinerary and wondered if we should make Sorrento or Naples our home base for visiting the Amalfi Coast and surrounding area. I realize that Naples is a big city and have read all the comments about how "unsafe" it can be but also realize that street smarts is important in any large city. I would like to hear from anyone who has stayed in both places and what are the differences and suggestions as to which one we should make our home base. Our travel agent (who is from Italy and returns once a month) has arranged a guide for us in Naples, saying that he would not send us there without a guide.
Sorrento or Naples?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pleased help! Does Venice have a ZTL?
- 2 Spontaneous trip to Eastern Europe
- 3 Euro Quiz #44 - Museum Pourri
- 4 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 5 Pickup rental car in Germany and drop off in Switzerland
- 6 Home Base in Belgium
- 7 Michelin, Fodors, Rough Guide, or ???-What's your favorite travel guide?
- 8 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 9 Recommendations for hotels in Helsinki
- 10 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 11 Age for booking a hotel?
- 12 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 13 Is this realistic... advice?
- 14 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 15 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 16 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 17 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 18 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 21 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 22 mallorca
- 23 Train to Harry Potter Studio---Tips?
- 24 Switzerland Trip with Family
- 25 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland