We are returning to Italy and are finalizing our itinerary and wondered if we should make Sorrento or Naples our home base for visiting the Amalfi Coast and surrounding area. I realize that Naples is a big city and have read all the comments about how "unsafe" it can be but also realize that street smarts is important in any large city. I would like to hear from anyone who has stayed in both places and what are the differences and suggestions as to which one we should make our home base. Our travel agent (who is from Italy and returns once a month) has arranged a guide for us in Naples, saying that he would not send us there without a guide.
Sorrento or Naples?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help for unforgettable trip in PARIS
- 2 From Orly to hotel in 8th arrondisement
- 3 BAR; SEV; MAD - Apr/May Activity: Running, Tennis and concerts ...
- 4 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 5 malaga to madrid train ?
- 6 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 7 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 8 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 9 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 10 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 11 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 12 London - Bar or Club to hear Live Soul/R&B Music
- 13 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 14 4 days in Scotland
- 15 Airb2b in Paris
- 16 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 17 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel
- 18 In Defense of the Notoriously Arrogant French Waiter
- 19 Seaplane service
- 20 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 21 scotland trave;
- 22 Venice tourist travel pass
- 23 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 24 RER B Schedule on a Sunday Morning
- 25 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014