We are returning to Italy and are finalizing our itinerary and wondered if we should make Sorrento or Naples our home base for visiting the Amalfi Coast and surrounding area. I realize that Naples is a big city and have read all the comments about how "unsafe" it can be but also realize that street smarts is important in any large city. I would like to hear from anyone who has stayed in both places and what are the differences and suggestions as to which one we should make our home base. Our travel agent (who is from Italy and returns once a month) has arranged a guide for us in Naples, saying that he would not send us there without a guide.
Sorrento or Naples?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 2 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 3 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 4 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 5 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 6 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 7 3 weeks in Europe
- 8 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 9 London and Where Else in late December?
- 10 Matisse at Tate
- 11 Ireland Southwest
- 12 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 13 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 14 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 15 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 16 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 17 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 18 plug adaptors for Switzerland
- 19 Teaching English in Europe or Asia
- 20 Spain - Cadaques to Girona
- 21 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 22 Barcelona and Italy itinerary...hotels all set, need help w some details
- 23 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 24 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 25 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton