We are returning to Italy and are finalizing our itinerary and wondered if we should make Sorrento or Naples our home base for visiting the Amalfi Coast and surrounding area. I realize that Naples is a big city and have read all the comments about how "unsafe" it can be but also realize that street smarts is important in any large city. I would like to hear from anyone who has stayed in both places and what are the differences and suggestions as to which one we should make our home base. Our travel agent (who is from Italy and returns once a month) has arranged a guide for us in Naples, saying that he would not send us there without a guide.
Sorrento or Naples?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Good Hotels around Gare Montparnasse
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Amazing customer services, i rented a 3g wi-fi device IUGO GADGETS FOR RENT
- 4 Air pollution in Paris
- 5 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 6 Using Euros and Visa Travel Money Debit Card in the Baltics and Russia
- 7 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 8 South of France November Trip Report
- 9 Rome---August and September
- 10 France, Italy and Greec
- 11 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 12 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 13 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 14 Dresden or Leipzig
- 15 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 16 20 days in Germany
- 17 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 18 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 19 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 20 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 21 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 22 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 23 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 24 Nice or Marseille??
- 25 Final segment: unsolicited advice for first time Portugal travellers