We are returning to Italy and are finalizing our itinerary and wondered if we should make Sorrento or Naples our home base for visiting the Amalfi Coast and surrounding area. I realize that Naples is a big city and have read all the comments about how "unsafe" it can be but also realize that street smarts is important in any large city. I would like to hear from anyone who has stayed in both places and what are the differences and suggestions as to which one we should make our home base. Our travel agent (who is from Italy and returns once a month) has arranged a guide for us in Naples, saying that he would not send us there without a guide.
Sorrento or Naples?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 2 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 3 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 4 2 weeks in Spain
- 5 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 6 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 7 Wines charted by flavor
- 8 Museum Pass
- 9 Central Europe itinerary
- 10 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 11 Arriving in Prague
- 12 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 13 France in October
- 14 Day trips out of Florence?
- 15 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 16 Venice; recommendations
- 17 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 18 48 hours to departure for Switzerland...questions on Swiss Pass
- 19 7 countries in a month
- 20 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 21 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 22 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 23 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 24 A taste of Norway: Bergen and the fjords for four day
- 25 Ventimiglia to Trieste