We are returning to Italy and are finalizing our itinerary and wondered if we should make Sorrento or Naples our home base for visiting the Amalfi Coast and surrounding area. I realize that Naples is a big city and have read all the comments about how "unsafe" it can be but also realize that street smarts is important in any large city. I would like to hear from anyone who has stayed in both places and what are the differences and suggestions as to which one we should make our home base. Our travel agent (who is from Italy and returns once a month) has arranged a guide for us in Naples, saying that he would not send us there without a guide.
Sorrento or Naples?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sagrada Familia Ticket Choices
- 2 Is Easter week 2015 too early for Keukenhof garden?
- 3 12 days in italy help
- 4 Pick my Paris Restaurants
- 5 Rail Pass for 2 countries, but HELP, we wish to cross in/out of a 3rd
- 6 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 7 Mont St. Michele?
- 8 Aug/Sept trip to Amsterdam - time for Brussels too?
- 9 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 10 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 11 Holy Week in Seville 2015
- 12 11 day trip Switzerland & France please help for Itinerary
- 13 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 14 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 15 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 16 Stay in Venice
- 17 Trains from Brussels to other Belgian cities/towns
- 18 Our first trip to Europe
- 19 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 20 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 21 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 22 Athens and which islands?
- 23 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 24 London 2-for-1: Using an "unused" Train Ticket
- 25 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?