We are returning to Italy and are finalizing our itinerary and wondered if we should make Sorrento or Naples our home base for visiting the Amalfi Coast and surrounding area. I realize that Naples is a big city and have read all the comments about how "unsafe" it can be but also realize that street smarts is important in any large city. I would like to hear from anyone who has stayed in both places and what are the differences and suggestions as to which one we should make our home base. Our travel agent (who is from Italy and returns once a month) has arranged a guide for us in Naples, saying that he would not send us there without a guide.
Sorrento or Naples?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 2 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 3 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 4 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 5 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 6 A drive in Europe
- 7 car rental info
- 8 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 9 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 10 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 11 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 12 bath or york
- 13 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 14 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 15 Ste Remy France
- 16 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 17 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 18 London tube
- 19 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 20 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 21 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 22 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 23 Local Tour in Provence?
- 24 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 25 5am arrival in Dublin