We are returning to Italy and are finalizing our itinerary and wondered if we should make Sorrento or Naples our home base for visiting the Amalfi Coast and surrounding area. I realize that Naples is a big city and have read all the comments about how "unsafe" it can be but also realize that street smarts is important in any large city. I would like to hear from anyone who has stayed in both places and what are the differences and suggestions as to which one we should make our home base. Our travel agent (who is from Italy and returns once a month) has arranged a guide for us in Naples, saying that he would not send us there without a guide.
Sorrento or Naples?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 2 Norway Haugesund and Bergen photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 3 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 4 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 5 flea markets in France
- 6 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 7 Top flamenco in Barcelona this fall - every night!
- 8 I need a haircut
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 11 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 12 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 13 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 14 Madrid apartments
- 15 London neighborhood suggestions
- 16 Two days to spend in northern Spain traveling by car
- 17 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 18 Timing a river cruise
- 19 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 20 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 21 We Need a Pact
- 22 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 23 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 24 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 25 Tipping in Greece