My brother and I are going to be staying in Sorrento mid-September. We'll be in Italy for 2 weeks, and will have done Rome, Florence and Venice before going on to Sorrento. Our plans changed slightly and will now be spending an extra night in Rome and taking the train through to Sorrento the next day (a Sunday). I thought of stopping in Naples, doing a hop on hop off bus in the morning, then going on to Pompeii for the afternoon. I know people say that you can spend the whole day in Pompeii but I highly doubt my brother and I will survive it (we're both fair and will look like tomatoes if we had to spend the whole day in the sun), and then heading on to Sorrento late afternoon. Do you think this is too much to squash into a day? We have such limited time that we'd like to do as much as possible.
We then have the next day free, was thinking of either going to Capri or taking a bus/ferry through to Amalfi and try get out to the temples at Paestum. We fly out of Rome the evening of the next day (Tuesday) so thought we'll relax in Sorrento for the morning and then start making our way to Rome early afternoon.
Any advice would be welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO MAIL LOGIN CONTACT ☎ 1:844:291:6706 Technical SUPP0RT 24*7
- 2 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 3 Looking for a Luxury Villa in Lucca
- 4 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 5 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 6 Scotland - We're Here!
- 7 Paris for children
- 8 IWM
- 9 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 10 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 11 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 12 Guided Vatican Tours
- 13 Avoid Europcar!
- 14 Apartment/accomodation in Dubrovnik and Split
- 15 Anyone travel with to Europe with ISE when they were in college?
- 16 Couscous
- 17 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 18 Train / Calabria
- 19 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 20 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 21 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 22 London in Winter Report
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 24 16 days in France and Italy
- 25 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?