My brother and I are going to be staying in Sorrento mid-September. We'll be in Italy for 2 weeks, and will have done Rome, Florence and Venice before going on to Sorrento. Our plans changed slightly and will now be spending an extra night in Rome and taking the train through to Sorrento the next day (a Sunday). I thought of stopping in Naples, doing a hop on hop off bus in the morning, then going on to Pompeii for the afternoon. I know people say that you can spend the whole day in Pompeii but I highly doubt my brother and I will survive it (we're both fair and will look like tomatoes if we had to spend the whole day in the sun), and then heading on to Sorrento late afternoon. Do you think this is too much to squash into a day? We have such limited time that we'd like to do as much as possible.
We then have the next day free, was thinking of either going to Capri or taking a bus/ferry through to Amalfi and try get out to the temples at Paestum. We fly out of Rome the evening of the next day (Tuesday) so thought we'll relax in Sorrento for the morning and then start making our way to Rome early afternoon.
Any advice would be welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 2 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 3 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 4 Hotel recommendations: Venice, Florence and Rome
- 5 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 6 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 7 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 8 Wengen 3 1/2 days trip final suggestion
- 9 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 10 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 11 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 12 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 13 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 14 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 15 Appenzell in December?
- 16 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 17 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 18 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 19 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 20 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 21 Traveling in Belgium
- 22 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 23 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 24 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 25 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)