My brother and I are going to be staying in Sorrento mid-September. We'll be in Italy for 2 weeks, and will have done Rome, Florence and Venice before going on to Sorrento. Our plans changed slightly and will now be spending an extra night in Rome and taking the train through to Sorrento the next day (a Sunday). I thought of stopping in Naples, doing a hop on hop off bus in the morning, then going on to Pompeii for the afternoon. I know people say that you can spend the whole day in Pompeii but I highly doubt my brother and I will survive it (we're both fair and will look like tomatoes if we had to spend the whole day in the sun), and then heading on to Sorrento late afternoon. Do you think this is too much to squash into a day? We have such limited time that we'd like to do as much as possible.
We then have the next day free, was thinking of either going to Capri or taking a bus/ferry through to Amalfi and try get out to the temples at Paestum. We fly out of Rome the evening of the next day (Tuesday) so thought we'll relax in Sorrento for the morning and then start making our way to Rome early afternoon.
Any advice would be welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 2 Low Cost Holidays Package
- 3 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 4 Alitala
- 5 Which Hotel in Rome
- 6 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 7 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 8 First Solo Adventure
- 9 Trains in Italy
- 10 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 11 Are you interested in visiting Iceland or you already have?
- 12 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 13 Georgia in 4 days
- 14 Where should I go with my family?
- 15 First Solo Adventure
- 16 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 17 PARIS
- 18 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 19 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 20 Crete Holiday
- 21 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 22 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 23 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 24 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 25 Where??-2 night trip from London