For anyone with kids traveling in Paris (or anywhere else) be aware of a scam in some bars: My twentysomething son and a friend went for a drink in a bar in Paris and were hit with a really large bar bill. When they questioned it the bartender called over a few big guys and intimidated them into handing over 200 Euros and my son's credit card. It was really upsetting for them and us. We stopped the credit card and protested the bill with the company but it is something others should be aware of. Has anyone heard of this before?
Son Scammed in Paris Bar
View all Europe activity »
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 Channel Islands
- 3 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 4 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 7 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 8 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 9 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 10 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 11 Barcelona Transfers
- 12 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 13 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 14 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 15 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 16 WOW Russia Tours St. Petersburg
- 17 Ireland in a week
- 18 Spain - Andalucia
- 19 TGV and Provence questions
- 20 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 21 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 22 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 23 2 Week European Itinerary
- 24 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 25 Car in Prague