For anyone with kids traveling in Paris (or anywhere else) be aware of a scam in some bars: My twentysomething son and a friend went for a drink in a bar in Paris and were hit with a really large bar bill. When they questioned it the bartender called over a few big guys and intimidated them into handing over 200 Euros and my son's credit card. It was really upsetting for them and us. We stopped the credit card and protested the bill with the company but it is something others should be aware of. Has anyone heard of this before?
Son Scammed in Paris Bar
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to go from Brussels?
- 2 We Need a Pact
- 3 I need a haircut
- 4 What to wear
- 5 All you need in croatia
- 6 Tipping in Greece
- 7 Barclays ATMs in England - fee question
- 8 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 9 Day trip from Tallin to Hellsinki
- 10 Restaurants in Rome near Campo de Fiori or Piazza Navana
- 11 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 12 London neighborhood suggestions
- 13 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 14 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 15 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 16 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 17 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 18 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 19 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 20 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 21 Bayern seasonal pass
- 22 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 23 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 24 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 25 Italy vacation rental help