Hello Fodorites. It's been a long time since I've been on this forum. This community has been an invaluable resource to me. My son will be backpacking through Europe this May for 1 month. He'll be travellling in France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy. He will be taking along an unlocked GSM phone. Can he purchase a SIM card at CDG or is it better to buy in town? He will only be using the phone for "necessary" calls, not for chit chat. Also, would a calling card be a good idea to limit costs for calling home? Finally, can you plug in your devices on the trains, as we can do here in Canada? Thanks for all your help.
son backpacking in Europe--question about SIM and charging mobile
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 2 Eurostar London to Avignon Thru Trains Start June 28!
- 3 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 4 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 5 Salzburg, Innsbruck, and possibly Graz with my 90yr old Mom
- 6 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 7 italy
- 8 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 9 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 10 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 11 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 12 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 13 What still confounds you about travel?
- 14 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 15 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 16 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 17 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 18 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 19 Chip but no PIN
- 20 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 21 Madrid and London
- 22 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 23 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 24 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 25 Pronunciation