Hello Fodorites. It's been a long time since I've been on this forum. This community has been an invaluable resource to me. My son will be backpacking through Europe this May for 1 month. He'll be travellling in France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy. He will be taking along an unlocked GSM phone. Can he purchase a SIM card at CDG or is it better to buy in town? He will only be using the phone for "necessary" calls, not for chit chat. Also, would a calling card be a good idea to limit costs for calling home? Finally, can you plug in your devices on the trains, as we can do here in Canada? Thanks for all your help.
son backpacking in Europe--question about SIM and charging mobile
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 2 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 3 Purse week?
- 4 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 5 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 6 Looking for add on city
- 7 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 8 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 9 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 10 Shoes for Paris in April
- 11 men's shoes spain
- 12 Would you take a Vera Bradley Hipster purse to London and Paris
- 13 Know of any good leather store to buy purse in Rome??
- 14 The perfect purse in Europe
- 15 I never carry a purse when traveling
- 16 Please help me find an attractive travel purse
- 17 Privy Purse Office - Buckingham Palace - signing guest book???
- 18 Purse substitute
- 19 Best purse/messenger bag to bring while travelling
- 20 Need Anti-pickpocket purse recommendations
- 21 Purse
- 22 Where do you put your purse in a restaurant?
- 23 Now it's the French worrying about purse snatching here!
- 24 Paris Purse shopping
- 25 Help finding an apartment in Paris 7th arrond.