Hello Fodorites. It's been a long time since I've been on this forum. This community has been an invaluable resource to me. My son will be backpacking through Europe this May for 1 month. He'll be travellling in France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy. He will be taking along an unlocked GSM phone. Can he purchase a SIM card at CDG or is it better to buy in town? He will only be using the phone for "necessary" calls, not for chit chat. Also, would a calling card be a good idea to limit costs for calling home? Finally, can you plug in your devices on the trains, as we can do here in Canada? Thanks for all your help.
son backpacking in Europe--question about SIM and charging mobile
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 2 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 3 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 4 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 5 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 6 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 7 Travel by train or bus
- 8 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 9 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 10 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 11 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 12 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 13 Euro Train
- 14 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 15 first european holiday itinery
- 16 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 17 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 18 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 19 To Paris and Provence in June
- 20 Cyprus in December
- 21 Cyprus photo gallery
- 22 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 23 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 24 Which travel plan?
- 25 Florence in October