Hello Fodorites. It's been a long time since I've been on this forum. This community has been an invaluable resource to me. My son will be backpacking through Europe this May for 1 month. He'll be travellling in France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy. He will be taking along an unlocked GSM phone. Can he purchase a SIM card at CDG or is it better to buy in town? He will only be using the phone for "necessary" calls, not for chit chat. Also, would a calling card be a good idea to limit costs for calling home? Finally, can you plug in your devices on the trains, as we can do here in Canada? Thanks for all your help.
son backpacking in Europe--question about SIM and charging mobile
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 2 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 3 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 4 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 5 Portugal Trip
- 6 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 7 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 8 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 9 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 10 Southern Spain
- 11 Itinerary for Greece in 9 Days -in June
- 12 Short notice for input needed for Munich, Vienna, Prague and Berlin
- 13 driving in france with kids
- 14 Is my plan ok
- 15 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 16 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 17 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 18 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 19 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 20 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 21 Spain traffic tickets
- 22 Reputable Tours
- 23 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 24 Easter Itinerary Advice, Rome, Parma, Venice, Stresa, Grindelwald
- 25 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)