Hello Fodorites. It's been a long time since I've been on this forum. This community has been an invaluable resource to me. My son will be backpacking through Europe this May for 1 month. He'll be travellling in France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy. He will be taking along an unlocked GSM phone. Can he purchase a SIM card at CDG or is it better to buy in town? He will only be using the phone for "necessary" calls, not for chit chat. Also, would a calling card be a good idea to limit costs for calling home? Finally, can you plug in your devices on the trains, as we can do here in Canada? Thanks for all your help.
son backpacking in Europe--question about SIM and charging mobile
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 2 London and Where Else in late December?
- 3 Ireland Southwest
- 4 Spain - Cadaques to Girona
- 5 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 6 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 7 Barcelona and Italy itinerary...hotels all set, need help w some details
- 8 plug adaptors for Switzerland
- 9 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 10 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 11 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 12 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 13 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 14 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 15 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 16 Matisse at Tate
- 17 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 18 Teaching English in Europe or Asia
- 19 3 weeks in Europe
- 20 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 21 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 22 Bologna airport to train to Florence
- 23 Small Group walking tour Switzerland
- 24 Andaluzia - where to stay in Seville and Malaga?
- 25 Istanbul Itinerary