I was wondering if anyone had tried to visit one of the Somme battlefield memorials by a day trip from Paris, using train/taxi? I checked the French train site, & there are trains to Albert (closer to where I want to go than Amiens) but I was wondering how difficult it would be for a first time visitor with rusty high school French & a phrasebook? I wanted to see the Newfoundland Memorial, at Beaumont-Hamel, but I know there are Britsh & Ulster ones nearby. Any info ?
Somme battlefields from Paris?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 2 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 3 destination wedding
- 4 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 5 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 6 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 7 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 8 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 9 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 10 Two weeks in Italy - Venice, Ostuni and Naples
- 11 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 12 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 13 London Private Detectives
- 14 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 15 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 16 Calling Jamikins
- 17 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 18 A drive in Europe
- 19 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 20 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 21 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 22 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 23 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 24 Europe in 21 days
- 25 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan