We will be visiting the dordogne region (coming from Paris after spending 6 nights there) and spending 1 week in a rental near Domme in may next year. As the rental we have chosen only do saturday-to-saturday weekly rentals, we are left with three free nights between Paris and the dordogne.
May 8 - May 10 - Somewhere
May 11- 18 - rental near Domme
May 18 - drive to Perpignan, drop off car at station and train to Barcelona (the car has to be dropped off on this date)
We are hoping that someone might be able to suggest a place to stay near dordogne for the 3 nights in question (may 8 - may10). As we are already planning to spend six nights in Paris in what will be our second trip to the city (we spent a week there on our first visit), we are reluctant to spend more time there.
Before we had to adjust our travel plan due to the sat-sat rental, we planned to spend the extra three nights after the dordogne touring the area on the way to Perpignan, especially Carcasonne. But now we have resigned to the fact that we might only be able to see it from a distance on our drive to Perpignan.
We have came up with two options:
1. Train to Toulouse from Paris, pick up car and tour the region around Toulouse (e.g. Albi, Carcasonne) before heading north to our rental near Domme - not sure if this is worthwhile as we are essentially doubling up our tracks as we will have to go through the same region on the way to Perpignan. So my question is whether this region is really worthwhile or should we skip it for somewhere else?
2. Train to either Brive or Libourne from paris, pick up car and spend three nights in the northern part of Dordogne (I have found a B&B in a town west of Perigeaux called St. Aquilin) http://www.lamaisondesdimes.com/
We thought that it might be a good idea to tour a less frequented area of dordogne. We can do trips to Perigeaux, Brantome, St Pierre de cole etc.) We have read that one week is not enough for exploring the dordogne, so it might be a good idea to squeeze in an extra three nights somewhere. Has anyone been to Perigord vert and what are your recommendations?
I am leaning towards option 2 but looking forward to your feedbacks. Feel free to make other suggestions!
Last question, we will be picking up our car on may 8 2013, which will be a public holiday (Victory day). Would I be right in assuming that car rental places will still be open in rural towns like Brive or Libourne?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 강남구안마⦍o1o 9875 2236⦐강남안마방メ강남안마メ
- 2 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼파라다이스카지노주소
- 3 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼카지노바카라추천
- 4 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼정선카지노동호회
- 5 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼국내카지노에이전트
- 6 빠칭코【XAX111.ＣoM】코리아카지노
- 7 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼코리아바카라노하우
- 8 박카라【XAX111.ＣoM】바카라사이트
- 9 라이브다이사이【XAX111.ＣoM】카지노사이트
- 10 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼필리핀카지노여행
- 11 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼마카오카지노체험
- 12 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼세부연예인카지노
- 13 잭팟이벤트【XAX111.ＣoM】아시안바카라
- 14 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼엠지엠호텔카지노
- 15 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼라스베가스카지노체험
- 16 다모아사이트【XAX111.ＣoM】아시안카지노
- 17 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼정선카지노하우스
- 18 favorite app for converting US $$
- 19 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼바카라노하우체험
- 20 배틀룰렛【XAX111.ＣoM】온라인카지노
- 21 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼바카라체험
- 22 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼하나카지노체험
- 23 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼필리핀카지노주소
- 24 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼실전카지노노하우
- 25 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼페가수스카지노체험