I will be traveling to Spain in May for a total of 13 nights (5/28-6/11).
It will be my first time in Spain (yay) and I can't pin down my itinerary (this is my 3rd rough draft).
Morning arrival at Madrid(stay 1 night), drive/train early to Seville(1 night), drive rental car in the evening to Ronda(2 nights), drive around noon to Granada(2 nights), return rental car and fly to Barcelona(4 nights including day-trips to girona/figueres), take midday train to Valencia (2 nights) and then take train back to Madrid(1 night) before flying out.
Am I trying to see too much? I am willing to eliminate either Seville or Valencia...
Is 2 nights in Ronda necessary? I guess I can make a day-trip to Setenil de las Bodegas...
Also, I would like to know if it's worth driving/taking train to one of the bordering cities in France from Figueres. If so, please do recommend me.
Things I look for are authenticity, amazing food, and art/architecture.
Any advise will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 2 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 3 getting to CDG
- 4 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 5 Barcelona cooking classes
- 6 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 7 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 8 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 9 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 10 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 11 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 12 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 13 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 14 4 days itinerary for France
- 15 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 16 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 17 Help with Ferries in Croatia
- 18 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 19 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 20 vienna
- 21 Questions about Polish sights
- 22 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 23 Bernina Express mid-March
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Italy