I will be traveling to Spain in May for a total of 13 nights (5/28-6/11).
It will be my first time in Spain (yay) and I can't pin down my itinerary (this is my 3rd rough draft).
Morning arrival at Madrid(stay 1 night), drive/train early to Seville(1 night), drive rental car in the evening to Ronda(2 nights), drive around noon to Granada(2 nights), return rental car and fly to Barcelona(4 nights including day-trips to girona/figueres), take midday train to Valencia (2 nights) and then take train back to Madrid(1 night) before flying out.
Am I trying to see too much? I am willing to eliminate either Seville or Valencia...
Is 2 nights in Ronda necessary? I guess I can make a day-trip to Setenil de las Bodegas...
Also, I would like to know if it's worth driving/taking train to one of the bordering cities in France from Figueres. If so, please do recommend me.
Things I look for are authenticity, amazing food, and art/architecture.
Any advise will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 2 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 3 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 4 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 5 Europe First Timers
- 6 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 7 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 8 Chur or St Moritz?
- 9 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 10 Itinerary review: Croatia/Italy
- 11 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 12 Safety in Rome
- 13 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 14 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 17 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 18 Athens Help
- 19 Uber vs. TfL
- 20 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 21 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 22 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 23 Apartment Montreux area
- 24 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 25 Crete Holiday