I will be traveling to Spain in May for a total of 13 nights (5/28-6/11).
It will be my first time in Spain (yay) and I can't pin down my itinerary (this is my 3rd rough draft).
Morning arrival at Madrid(stay 1 night), drive/train early to Seville(1 night), drive rental car in the evening to Ronda(2 nights), drive around noon to Granada(2 nights), return rental car and fly to Barcelona(4 nights including day-trips to girona/figueres), take midday train to Valencia (2 nights) and then take train back to Madrid(1 night) before flying out.
Am I trying to see too much? I am willing to eliminate either Seville or Valencia...
Is 2 nights in Ronda necessary? I guess I can make a day-trip to Setenil de las Bodegas...
Also, I would like to know if it's worth driving/taking train to one of the bordering cities in France from Figueres. If so, please do recommend me.
Things I look for are authenticity, amazing food, and art/architecture.
Any advise will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 2 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 3 Itinery help Crete
- 4 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 5 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 6 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 7 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 8 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 9 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 10 3 nights in Madrid
- 11 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 12 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 13 London 6 day itinerary
- 14 Rome hotel
- 15 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 16 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 17 London Hotel - Different Request
- 18 alcazar question and seville advice
- 19 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 20 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 21 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 22 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 23 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 24 Iceland trip report!
- 25 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria