My husband and I are going to France this September/October. We will be in Paris for just over 2 weeks at the end of the trip. It is our second time to Paris. We are both in our early 30's and are foodies (and winies - not winos ).
I'm looking at an apartment with Paris Address, which is the agency we used last time. I need a bit of advice/insider knowledge please. I like everything about the apartment itself and the price is very good.
However, from a google street search it appears to be right above a cabaret club La Nouvelle Eve and the area looks like it may get a wee bit dodgy at night.
My husband also thinks that it might be a bit too far away from the "main bits" although I have assured him that with the métro and bus network pretty much everywhere is just a short ride away. And we have spent a little time already seeing the "main attractions" and this time I want to just live and relax and wander. Last time we stayed on the border of the 6th and 7th and this time I'd like to be in a different area. I also found a nice apartment in the Chatelet area but the price was significantly more than the first one and I think this area might be jam packed with tourists and the junky souvenir shops that usually go along with high tourist traffic areas.
I plan on getting us Navigo Decouverte cards which will make it very easy to just grab a metro ride or bus.
I guess the advice I need is: Is the area seedy? Will it feel comfortable to wander back from a restaurant at night. And maybe I need some reassurance that it is not "out of the way".
Thanks in advance for your help.
PS the Chatelet apartment link for comparison:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 네임드사다리 사이트 ▼ 접속 : pwn21.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 3 London is it worth it?
- 4 Montserrat Express
- 5 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 6 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 7 International drivers permit
- 8 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 9 Places to stop/stay?
- 10 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 11 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 12 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 13 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 14 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 15 ATM help
- 16 Stockholm 5.5 days
- 17 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 18 Visit to Sardinia
- 19 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 20 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 21 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 22 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 23 6 days in Stockholm - itinerary, questions
- 24 Help me make this possible!
- 25 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
Some advice on Paris apartment that I'm looking at please.