My husband and I are going to France this September/October. We will be in Paris for just over 2 weeks at the end of the trip. It is our second time to Paris. We are both in our early 30's and are foodies (and winies - not winos ).
I'm looking at an apartment with Paris Address, which is the agency we used last time. I need a bit of advice/insider knowledge please. I like everything about the apartment itself and the price is very good.
However, from a google street search it appears to be right above a cabaret club La Nouvelle Eve and the area looks like it may get a wee bit dodgy at night.
My husband also thinks that it might be a bit too far away from the "main bits" although I have assured him that with the métro and bus network pretty much everywhere is just a short ride away. And we have spent a little time already seeing the "main attractions" and this time I want to just live and relax and wander. Last time we stayed on the border of the 6th and 7th and this time I'd like to be in a different area. I also found a nice apartment in the Chatelet area but the price was significantly more than the first one and I think this area might be jam packed with tourists and the junky souvenir shops that usually go along with high tourist traffic areas.
I plan on getting us Navigo Decouverte cards which will make it very easy to just grab a metro ride or bus.
I guess the advice I need is: Is the area seedy? Will it feel comfortable to wander back from a restaurant at night. And maybe I need some reassurance that it is not "out of the way".
Thanks in advance for your help.
PS the Chatelet apartment link for comparison:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 2 Lyon
- 3 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 4 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 5 What do after Bernia Express?
- 6 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 7 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 8 France, UK and Ireland
- 9 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 10 French theater in Paris
- 11 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 12 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 13 Self drive tour companies
- 14 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 15 Germany family road trip help!
- 16 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 17 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 18 Barcelona
- 19 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 20 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 21 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 22 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 23 Italian lakes
- 24 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 25 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
Some advice on Paris apartment that I'm looking at please.