My husband and I are going to France this September/October. We will be in Paris for just over 2 weeks at the end of the trip. It is our second time to Paris. We are both in our early 30's and are foodies (and winies - not winos ).
I'm looking at an apartment with Paris Address, which is the agency we used last time. I need a bit of advice/insider knowledge please. I like everything about the apartment itself and the price is very good.
However, from a google street search it appears to be right above a cabaret club La Nouvelle Eve and the area looks like it may get a wee bit dodgy at night.
My husband also thinks that it might be a bit too far away from the "main bits" although I have assured him that with the métro and bus network pretty much everywhere is just a short ride away. And we have spent a little time already seeing the "main attractions" and this time I want to just live and relax and wander. Last time we stayed on the border of the 6th and 7th and this time I'd like to be in a different area. I also found a nice apartment in the Chatelet area but the price was significantly more than the first one and I think this area might be jam packed with tourists and the junky souvenir shops that usually go along with high tourist traffic areas.
I plan on getting us Navigo Decouverte cards which will make it very easy to just grab a metro ride or bus.
I guess the advice I need is: Is the area seedy? Will it feel comfortable to wander back from a restaurant at night. And maybe I need some reassurance that it is not "out of the way".
Thanks in advance for your help.
PS the Chatelet apartment link for comparison:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 2 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 5 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 6 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 7 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 8 Munich and....???
- 9 Can parking
- 10 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 13 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 14 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 magnified mirror
- 17 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 18 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 19 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 20 Driving through Paris
- 21 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 22 San Sebastián
- 23 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 24 italy Cinque Terre
- 25 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
Some advice on Paris apartment that I'm looking at please.