My husband and I are going to France this September/October. We will be in Paris for just over 2 weeks at the end of the trip. It is our second time to Paris. We are both in our early 30's and are foodies (and winies - not winos ).
I'm looking at an apartment with Paris Address, which is the agency we used last time. I need a bit of advice/insider knowledge please. I like everything about the apartment itself and the price is very good.
However, from a google street search it appears to be right above a cabaret club La Nouvelle Eve and the area looks like it may get a wee bit dodgy at night.
My husband also thinks that it might be a bit too far away from the "main bits" although I have assured him that with the métro and bus network pretty much everywhere is just a short ride away. And we have spent a little time already seeing the "main attractions" and this time I want to just live and relax and wander. Last time we stayed on the border of the 6th and 7th and this time I'd like to be in a different area. I also found a nice apartment in the Chatelet area but the price was significantly more than the first one and I think this area might be jam packed with tourists and the junky souvenir shops that usually go along with high tourist traffic areas.
I plan on getting us Navigo Decouverte cards which will make it very easy to just grab a metro ride or bus.
I guess the advice I need is: Is the area seedy? Will it feel comfortable to wander back from a restaurant at night. And maybe I need some reassurance that it is not "out of the way".
Thanks in advance for your help.
PS the Chatelet apartment link for comparison:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 COMCAST@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 3 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 4 Berlin to ?
- 5 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 6 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 7 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 8 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 9 10 days in London in early December
- 10 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 11 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 12 Scotland in December
- 13 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 14 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 15 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 16 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 17 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 18 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 19 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 20 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 23 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 24 Iceland
- 25 Greece
Some advice on Paris apartment that I'm looking at please.