This year, sometime in late spring - summer, is going to be my first trip to Europe. I have a basic plan, some input would be very helpful.
I started off with travel guides in the library for some initial input, as there are obviously too many awesome choices. Ok, so for this trip, I am thinking of doing either of the following:
1. Barcelona and Paris - flying into Barcelona (staying 3 days) and flying out of Paris (staying 6 days), for a total stay of 9 or 10 days.
2. Paris(6 days) and Swiss Alps(3 or 4 days), flying in and out of Paris
Do these seem like doable options, given the amount of time I have? Also, if I were to pick a city and beach destination in France, what would Nice and Paris be a good choice?
For Paris, would it be better (price-wise), to look for small studios/apartment for the days I'm there, or am I better off getting a hotel?
With English, some very very basic Spanish, and a few French words, getting around in Paris should be ok, I'm hoping.
Your input is appreciated. I am still in the initial stages for this trip - thought I'd get some input here before finalizing plans. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 2 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 3 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 4 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 5 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 6 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 7 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 8 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 9 Europe First Timers
- 10 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 11 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 12 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 13 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 14 Iceland for Nine Days
- 15 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 20 Rome or Venice first
- 21 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 22 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 23 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 24 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 25 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona