This year, sometime in late spring - summer, is going to be my first trip to Europe. I have a basic plan, some input would be very helpful.
I started off with travel guides in the library for some initial input, as there are obviously too many awesome choices. Ok, so for this trip, I am thinking of doing either of the following:
1. Barcelona and Paris - flying into Barcelona (staying 3 days) and flying out of Paris (staying 6 days), for a total stay of 9 or 10 days.
2. Paris(6 days) and Swiss Alps(3 or 4 days), flying in and out of Paris
Do these seem like doable options, given the amount of time I have? Also, if I were to pick a city and beach destination in France, what would Nice and Paris be a good choice?
For Paris, would it be better (price-wise), to look for small studios/apartment for the days I'm there, or am I better off getting a hotel?
With English, some very very basic Spanish, and a few French words, getting around in Paris should be ok, I'm hoping.
Your input is appreciated. I am still in the initial stages for this trip - thought I'd get some input here before finalizing plans. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurants in Spain
- 2 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 3 credit and debit cards
- 4 Transportation Question Italy
- 5 Help with basic itinerary
- 6 Short Trip to Paris
- 7 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 8 Greece and Italy Combo
- 9 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 10 Final Four
- 11 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 12 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 13 Where are the Mods?
- 14 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 15 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 16 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 17 Visit to Engand
- 18 Cinqueterre
- 19 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 20 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 21 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 22 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 23 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 24 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 25 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!