This year, sometime in late spring - summer, is going to be my first trip to Europe. I have a basic plan, some input would be very helpful.
I started off with travel guides in the library for some initial input, as there are obviously too many awesome choices. Ok, so for this trip, I am thinking of doing either of the following:
1. Barcelona and Paris - flying into Barcelona (staying 3 days) and flying out of Paris (staying 6 days), for a total stay of 9 or 10 days.
2. Paris(6 days) and Swiss Alps(3 or 4 days), flying in and out of Paris
Do these seem like doable options, given the amount of time I have? Also, if I were to pick a city and beach destination in France, what would Nice and Paris be a good choice?
For Paris, would it be better (price-wise), to look for small studios/apartment for the days I'm there, or am I better off getting a hotel?
With English, some very very basic Spanish, and a few French words, getting around in Paris should be ok, I'm hoping.
Your input is appreciated. I am still in the initial stages for this trip - thought I'd get some input here before finalizing plans. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 2 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 3 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 4 Europe itinerary questions
- 5 1 month in Europe
- 6 Paris hotels
- 7 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 8 London Hotels
- 9 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 10 10 days in Paris and......
- 11 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 12 Back from Paris
- 13 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 14 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 15 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 16 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 19 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 20 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 21 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 22 LIsbon
- 23 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 24 Iceland in 7 days.
- 25 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139