This year, sometime in late spring - summer, is going to be my first trip to Europe. I have a basic plan, some input would be very helpful.
I started off with travel guides in the library for some initial input, as there are obviously too many awesome choices. Ok, so for this trip, I am thinking of doing either of the following:
1. Barcelona and Paris - flying into Barcelona (staying 3 days) and flying out of Paris (staying 6 days), for a total stay of 9 or 10 days.
2. Paris(6 days) and Swiss Alps(3 or 4 days), flying in and out of Paris
Do these seem like doable options, given the amount of time I have? Also, if I were to pick a city and beach destination in France, what would Nice and Paris be a good choice?
For Paris, would it be better (price-wise), to look for small studios/apartment for the days I'm there, or am I better off getting a hotel?
With English, some very very basic Spanish, and a few French words, getting around in Paris should be ok, I'm hoping.
Your input is appreciated. I am still in the initial stages for this trip - thought I'd get some input here before finalizing plans. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 2 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 3 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 6 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 7 St Denis Cathedral
- 8 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 9 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 10 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 11 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 12 No Periods in British Written English!
- 13 Ronda Wine/biking
- 14 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 15 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 16 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 17 Perugia
- 18 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 19 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 20 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 21 Praiano
- 22 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 23 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 24 Family vacation to europe
- 25 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?