I am planning for my first solo trip to Ireland this july. I am indian female in mid twenties and vegetarian. (Yup!) I have read many itineraries and been in talks with the likes of vagabond (a lil costly) tours, shamrockers (will it be too rushed?) etc.
I am a little confused here as I have 12 days in total for my trip. What is the best way to see Ireland? Coach tours or small group tours or rail/bus self planned tours. How safe is the place?
I have 7 day world tour of ireland by vagabond and 5 day sourthern rocker by shamrockers as my options.
I plan to spend two days in dublin which will work as rest days after and before my journey from and to home.
I have been in talks with a certain Michael Cooper from derry blue badge tours who offers to provide chauffer tours of belfast and derry. The idea is to take a train to belfast, stay a night and move to derry for another night stay and come back to either dublin or take a ferry to edinburgh.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 2 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 3 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 4 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 5 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 6 Easiest London Airport for Transfer To/From Heathrow
- 7 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 8 restaurants in Marais district
- 9 France & Italy, May or June
- 10 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 11 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 12 Engadine Valley help
- 13 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 14 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 15 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 16 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 17 Honeymoon in Greece
- 18 Italy for Christmas Week
- 19 A Month stay in Southern France
- 20 Shoes in Scotland
- 21 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 22 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 23 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 24 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 25 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa