I'm an experienced traveler but for some reason can't make up my mind on this trip. I'm having to book and budget as if it'll be a solo trip because my travel companion won't be able to confirm his availability to November. Iceland is expensive when accommodations can't be split.
I have a quote for a fly / drive, but have been advised against it because of the weather, and being from florida not having experience driving in it. But even besides that, the quote for 10 days is too expensive if I end up having to travel alone.
I've looked at other travel providers, Gate1, etc but I'm not sure that's the way to go either. I just feel the packages that Gate 1 specifically offer right now don't have enough free time.
I'm willing to reduce the number of days in country from 10 to maybe 5-6, but some packages only have 3 nights in town and that seems to be to little time. I mean of course I can go back but want to have a nice experience and see "enough" to make it worth it.
Booking alone, I'm considering but I'm not even sure how to start with that.
Anyone suffer from the same condition, vacation paralysis and what was the end result? Any and all recommendations? One other option is to arrange with my friend to go in 2017, but I was supposed to go to Iceland last year and had to cancel and I've been dreaming of it since.
ARGH who thought vacation planning was this complicated, and normally it's not for me. I find a package / location / and just book it. but Iceland is got me crazy LOL. I just want to book something so it's "official" but I also know not to rush.
Sorry for the long post and thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 2 Borghese Gallery Question
- 3 Italy Vacation
- 4 London vacation rental agency
- 5 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 6 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 7 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 8 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 9 Germany or Sweden
- 10 Cork questions
- 11 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 12 Crete Holiday
- 13 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 14 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 15 Regent Seven Seas Cruise?
- 16 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 17 Spain: train/rental car help
- 18 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 19 Trains in Italy
- 20 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 21 First Solo Adventure
- 22 Sicily help
- 23 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 24 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 25 Stu Tower