I'm an experienced traveler but for some reason can't make up my mind on this trip. I'm having to book and budget as if it'll be a solo trip because my travel companion won't be able to confirm his availability to November. Iceland is expensive when accommodations can't be split.
I have a quote for a fly / drive, but have been advised against it because of the weather, and being from florida not having experience driving in it. But even besides that, the quote for 10 days is too expensive if I end up having to travel alone.
I've looked at other travel providers, Gate1, etc but I'm not sure that's the way to go either. I just feel the packages that Gate 1 specifically offer right now don't have enough free time.
I'm willing to reduce the number of days in country from 10 to maybe 5-6, but some packages only have 3 nights in town and that seems to be to little time. I mean of course I can go back but want to have a nice experience and see "enough" to make it worth it.
Booking alone, I'm considering but I'm not even sure how to start with that.
Anyone suffer from the same condition, vacation paralysis and what was the end result? Any and all recommendations? One other option is to arrange with my friend to go in 2017, but I was supposed to go to Iceland last year and had to cancel and I've been dreaming of it since.
ARGH who thought vacation planning was this complicated, and normally it's not for me. I find a package / location / and just book it. but Iceland is got me crazy LOL. I just want to book something so it's "official" but I also know not to rush.
Sorry for the long post and thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 2 DVD burning software
- 3 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 4 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 5 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 6 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 7 Train travel
- 8 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 9 WWI Battlefields
- 10 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 11 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 12 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 13 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 14 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 15 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 16 Iceland 3 day layover
- 17 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 18 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 19 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 20 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 21 Milos beach stay
- 22 Paris to Bordeaux
- 23 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 24 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 25 Provence to Paris via Burgundy