I'm an experienced traveler but for some reason can't make up my mind on this trip. I'm having to book and budget as if it'll be a solo trip because my travel companion won't be able to confirm his availability to November. Iceland is expensive when accommodations can't be split.
I have a quote for a fly / drive, but have been advised against it because of the weather, and being from florida not having experience driving in it. But even besides that, the quote for 10 days is too expensive if I end up having to travel alone.
I've looked at other travel providers, Gate1, etc but I'm not sure that's the way to go either. I just feel the packages that Gate 1 specifically offer right now don't have enough free time.
I'm willing to reduce the number of days in country from 10 to maybe 5-6, but some packages only have 3 nights in town and that seems to be to little time. I mean of course I can go back but want to have a nice experience and see "enough" to make it worth it.
Booking alone, I'm considering but I'm not even sure how to start with that.
Anyone suffer from the same condition, vacation paralysis and what was the end result? Any and all recommendations? One other option is to arrange with my friend to go in 2017, but I was supposed to go to Iceland last year and had to cancel and I've been dreaming of it since.
ARGH who thought vacation planning was this complicated, and normally it's not for me. I find a package / location / and just book it. but Iceland is got me crazy LOL. I just want to book something so it's "official" but I also know not to rush.
Sorry for the long post and thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 2 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 3 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 4 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 5 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 6 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 7 Berlin
- 8 Ideas for drive from Munich to Ramstein/Kaiserslautern to Garmisch
- 9 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 10 3 days solo in London
- 11 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 12 Best layover option
- 13 Summer Mountain Retreats
- 14 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 15 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 16 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 17 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 18 Rethinking my late September vacation in Madrid/Andalusia – Italy instead?
- 19 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 22 3 months in Bristol
- 23 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 24 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 25 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area