I'm an experienced traveler but for some reason can't make up my mind on this trip. I'm having to book and budget as if it'll be a solo trip because my travel companion won't be able to confirm his availability to November. Iceland is expensive when accommodations can't be split.
I have a quote for a fly / drive, but have been advised against it because of the weather, and being from florida not having experience driving in it. But even besides that, the quote for 10 days is too expensive if I end up having to travel alone.
I've looked at other travel providers, Gate1, etc but I'm not sure that's the way to go either. I just feel the packages that Gate 1 specifically offer right now don't have enough free time.
I'm willing to reduce the number of days in country from 10 to maybe 5-6, but some packages only have 3 nights in town and that seems to be to little time. I mean of course I can go back but want to have a nice experience and see "enough" to make it worth it.
Booking alone, I'm considering but I'm not even sure how to start with that.
Anyone suffer from the same condition, vacation paralysis and what was the end result? Any and all recommendations? One other option is to arrange with my friend to go in 2017, but I was supposed to go to Iceland last year and had to cancel and I've been dreaming of it since.
ARGH who thought vacation planning was this complicated, and normally it's not for me. I find a package / location / and just book it. but Iceland is got me crazy LOL. I just want to book something so it's "official" but I also know not to rush.
Sorry for the long post and thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Trip Report
- 2 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 3 Charming areas to explore in London
- 4 Cinqueterre
- 5 stonehenge day trip from london
- 6 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 7 Trip to Ireland in September
- 8 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 9 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 10 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 11 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 12 Cornwall UK
- 13 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 14 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 15 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 16 Train tickets in Italy?
- 17 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 18 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 19 Musée Erasme Anderlecht, Belgium
- 20 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 21 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 22 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 23 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 24 8 Hours in Rome
- 25 Athens International airport