This may seem like quite a generic question but I just want to ask the "seasoned travelers" in the house which you think is better for traveling in Europe - independent travel or escorted tours?
I am a female traveller from Asia planning to explore either Italy, Scotland or Scandinavia next year, I had some time traveling in Europe before but mostly with either family or friends.
This time I plan to explore on my own and am weighing the pros and cons on whether to do an escorted tour or not.
My initial feeling is that for Scandinavia in particular - group tours such as ScanBalt would probably allow you to cover more areas than if you were traveling alone. (Is this true?)
Your insights would really help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 2 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 3 Europe itinerary help!
- 4 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 5 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 6 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 7 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 8 Shorts in South of France?
- 9 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 10 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 11 Which Day?
- 12 barcelona neighborhood
- 13 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 14 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 15 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 16 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 17 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 20 Les Invalides Night Show
- 21 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 22 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 23 Best Greek Island
- 24 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 25 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)