This may seem like quite a generic question but I just want to ask the "seasoned travelers" in the house which you think is better for traveling in Europe - independent travel or escorted tours?
I am a female traveller from Asia planning to explore either Italy, Scotland or Scandinavia next year, I had some time traveling in Europe before but mostly with either family or friends.
This time I plan to explore on my own and am weighing the pros and cons on whether to do an escorted tour or not.
My initial feeling is that for Scandinavia in particular - group tours such as ScanBalt would probably allow you to cover more areas than if you were traveling alone. (Is this true?)
Your insights would really help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 House Hunting in France
- 2 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 3 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 4 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 5 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 6 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 7 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 8 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 9 Ireland in April
- 10 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 11 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 12 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 13 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 14 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 15 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 Itinerary Tweaking
- 18 Itinerary Help
- 19 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 20 Hotel in Vienna
- 21 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 22 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 25 Road Trip From Frankfurt