This may seem like quite a generic question but I just want to ask the "seasoned travelers" in the house which you think is better for traveling in Europe - independent travel or escorted tours?
I am a female traveller from Asia planning to explore either Italy, Scotland or Scandinavia next year, I had some time traveling in Europe before but mostly with either family or friends.
This time I plan to explore on my own and am weighing the pros and cons on whether to do an escorted tour or not.
My initial feeling is that for Scandinavia in particular - group tours such as ScanBalt would probably allow you to cover more areas than if you were traveling alone. (Is this true?)
Your insights would really help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our future trip to Greece
- 2 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 3 Russia in two weeks in December
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 8 Christmas Day in Granada
- 9 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 10 car insurance italy
- 11 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 12 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 13 Venice/Mestre
- 14 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 15 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 16 Spanish Medical Providers
- 17 Transylvania - June 2018
- 18 Italy Car Scam
- 19 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 20 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 21 Krakow
- 22 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 23 Quizz !
- 24 Pay attention to your watches !
- 25 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP