This may seem like quite a generic question but I just want to ask the "seasoned travelers" in the house which you think is better for traveling in Europe - independent travel or escorted tours?
I am a female traveller from Asia planning to explore either Italy, Scotland or Scandinavia next year, I had some time traveling in Europe before but mostly with either family or friends.
This time I plan to explore on my own and am weighing the pros and cons on whether to do an escorted tour or not.
My initial feeling is that for Scandinavia in particular - group tours such as ScanBalt would probably allow you to cover more areas than if you were traveling alone. (Is this true?)
Your insights would really help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chamonix to Paris
- 2 Scotland and London 21 days
- 3 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 4 Rome to venice
- 5 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 6 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 7 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 8 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 9 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 10 Rome-Itinerary
- 11 Ireland itinerary help please
- 12 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 13 help with Italy itinerary
- 14 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 15 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 16 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 17 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 18 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 19 Amalfi Help: Logistics and Planning
- 20 Praiana to Positano
- 21 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 22 Quick Barcelona Info needed for next week please
- 23 Venice
- 24 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 25 A new species of Homo Sapien??