This may seem like quite a generic question but I just want to ask the "seasoned travelers" in the house which you think is better for traveling in Europe - independent travel or escorted tours?
I am a female traveller from Asia planning to explore either Italy, Scotland or Scandinavia next year, I had some time traveling in Europe before but mostly with either family or friends.
This time I plan to explore on my own and am weighing the pros and cons on whether to do an escorted tour or not.
My initial feeling is that for Scandinavia in particular - group tours such as ScanBalt would probably allow you to cover more areas than if you were traveling alone. (Is this true?)
Your insights would really help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cinqueterre
- 2 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 3 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 4 Visit to Engand
- 5 Help with basic itinerary
- 6 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 7 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 8 Final Four
- 9 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 10 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 11 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 12 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 13 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 14 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 15 Cornwall UK
- 16 Choose between Nazare, Portugal or Merida, Spain
- 17 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 18 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 19 Short Trip to Paris
- 20 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 21 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 22 Parking in Girona
- 23 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 24 Denmark-UBER has left the building.
- 25 SNCF - low price for summer