This may seem like quite a generic question but I just want to ask the "seasoned travelers" in the house which you think is better for traveling in Europe - independent travel or escorted tours?
I am a female traveller from Asia planning to explore either Italy, Scotland or Scandinavia next year, I had some time traveling in Europe before but mostly with either family or friends.
This time I plan to explore on my own and am weighing the pros and cons on whether to do an escorted tour or not.
My initial feeling is that for Scandinavia in particular - group tours such as ScanBalt would probably allow you to cover more areas than if you were traveling alone. (Is this true?)
Your insights would really help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 2 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 3 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 4 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 5 Azores
- 6 Short Trip in July
- 7 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 8 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 9 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 10 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 11 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 12 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 13 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 14 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 15 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 16 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 17 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 Sim Card Options
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 38 Days in Paris
- 22 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 23 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 24 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 25 Day trip ideas