It's my first time traveling out of Singapore/Southeast Asia and I would really like to visit Europe in May. Unfortunately all my friends aren't free/have other considerations so it would have to be a solo trip.
I'm a light skinned Asian, female, petite (160cm and UK size 4). I'm keen on architecture, museums, culture. Planning to live in hostels and live on a budget since this is my grad trip. My concerns are safety, language barrier (I speak only English and my Asian mother-tongue), ease of travel. I know that there are so many successful stories here and elsewhere on solo travel, but it seems that few are coming from an Asian perspective.
1) Where is safe/good given my considerations as an good introduction to Western Europe? I will be flying into either London or Paris and would like to spend 5-6 days each in London and Paris. I will be going for approx 25-30 days in total. My budget currently is 2,100 euros for the trip, excluding airtickets. This works out around 75 euros a day, including travel. I'll appreciate links to any itineraries.
2) I heard that Italy and Spain are too dangerous for a solo Asian like me - due to the pickpockets and language barrier. Any comments on that?
Traveling in May-Jun 2013.
Solo travel for an Chinese female, aged 23 - itinerary suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Antwerp or Bruges?
- 2 Pays Basque, attention SPAIN afficianados:
- 3 Free public transportation on 14-15-16 March in Paris & Wallonia
- 4 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 5 Baby Stroller/Pram travel in Italy and Switzerland
- 6 bath or york
- 7 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 8 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 9 Trip report from Germany, Austria, Switzerland, & Italy
- 10 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 11 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 12 Websites for train or bus from Gothenburg to Copenhagen
- 13 Chiusi or Pitigliano area - Help in choosing for Etruscan aspects
- 14 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 15 Best "2-star" hotels in Paris, Amsterdam, Prague, Dresden
- 16 Summer weather in Bordeaux, SW France?
- 17 Planning a trip to Eastern Europe, could use your help.
- 18 ROME
- 19 Car hire in Turkey
- 20 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 21 Street food in Turkey
- 22 Please critique my Languedoc, Lot & Dordogne Itinerary, Take 2
- 23 Best small medieval towns & villages in/near Val d'Orcia
- 24 Lavender Fields
- 25 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014