It's my first time traveling out of Singapore/Southeast Asia and I would really like to visit Europe in May. Unfortunately all my friends aren't free/have other considerations so it would have to be a solo trip.
I'm a light skinned Asian, female, petite (160cm and UK size 4). I'm keen on architecture, museums, culture. Planning to live in hostels and live on a budget since this is my grad trip. My concerns are safety, language barrier (I speak only English and my Asian mother-tongue), ease of travel. I know that there are so many successful stories here and elsewhere on solo travel, but it seems that few are coming from an Asian perspective.
1) Where is safe/good given my considerations as an good introduction to Western Europe? I will be flying into either London or Paris and would like to spend 5-6 days each in London and Paris. I will be going for approx 25-30 days in total. My budget currently is 2,100 euros for the trip, excluding airtickets. This works out around 75 euros a day, including travel. I'll appreciate links to any itineraries.
2) I heard that Italy and Spain are too dangerous for a solo Asian like me - due to the pickpockets and language barrier. Any comments on that?
Traveling in May-Jun 2013.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help/Advice From Irish Locals and Experts
- 2 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 3 Lunch restaurant near Modena Acetias
- 4 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 5 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 6 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 7 Rome and Venice in December
- 8 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 9 Help with a git in Alsace
- 10 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 11 London trip in September
- 12 Paris itinerary.
- 13 Azores - splitting dining bill
- 14 Fontainebleau - train schedules on a Sunday
- 15 Puglia Experiences
- 16 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 17 Springtime in Luzern (& Rigi, Basel, Zofingen, Rapperswil...)
- 18 Travel from Portugal to Morocco
- 19 Best International Sim Card
- 20 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 21 Font de Gaume-- what are our chances?
- 22 Where to stop along the way
- 23 Scotland highland/islands agenda-please help, last minute dream trip
- 24 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 25 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
Solo travel for an Chinese female, aged 23 - itinerary suggestions