It's my first time traveling out of Singapore/Southeast Asia and I would really like to visit Europe in May. Unfortunately all my friends aren't free/have other considerations so it would have to be a solo trip.
I'm a light skinned Asian, female, petite (160cm and UK size 4). I'm keen on architecture, museums, culture. Planning to live in hostels and live on a budget since this is my grad trip. My concerns are safety, language barrier (I speak only English and my Asian mother-tongue), ease of travel. I know that there are so many successful stories here and elsewhere on solo travel, but it seems that few are coming from an Asian perspective.
1) Where is safe/good given my considerations as an good introduction to Western Europe? I will be flying into either London or Paris and would like to spend 5-6 days each in London and Paris. I will be going for approx 25-30 days in total. My budget currently is 2,100 euros for the trip, excluding airtickets. This works out around 75 euros a day, including travel. I'll appreciate links to any itineraries.
2) I heard that Italy and Spain are too dangerous for a solo Asian like me - due to the pickpockets and language barrier. Any comments on that?
Traveling in May-Jun 2013.
Solo travel for an Chinese female, aged 23 - itinerary suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any knowledge of the Kavouri - Vouliagmeni (Athens Suburbs) Greece
- 2 Breaking out of the Nutshell: Oslo, Bergen, the Sognefjord and Copenhagen
- 3 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 4 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 5 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 6 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 7 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 8 London visit
- 9 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 10 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 11 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 12 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 13 Would someone critique my food/drinking itinerary for St. Petersburg?
- 14 Duoro river cruises
- 15 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 16 Munich and Dachau
- 17 Nine Van Gogh paintings in Arles until august 31, 2014 !
- 18 What to wear
- 19 Small group for Colosseum
- 20 Useful website for France
- 21 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 22 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 23 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 24 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 25 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!