It's my first time traveling out of Singapore/Southeast Asia and I would really like to visit Europe in May. Unfortunately all my friends aren't free/have other considerations so it would have to be a solo trip.
I'm a light skinned Asian, female, petite (160cm and UK size 4). I'm keen on architecture, museums, culture. Planning to live in hostels and live on a budget since this is my grad trip. My concerns are safety, language barrier (I speak only English and my Asian mother-tongue), ease of travel. I know that there are so many successful stories here and elsewhere on solo travel, but it seems that few are coming from an Asian perspective.
1) Where is safe/good given my considerations as an good introduction to Western Europe? I will be flying into either London or Paris and would like to spend 5-6 days each in London and Paris. I will be going for approx 25-30 days in total. My budget currently is 2,100 euros for the trip, excluding airtickets. This works out around 75 euros a day, including travel. I'll appreciate links to any itineraries.
2) I heard that Italy and Spain are too dangerous for a solo Asian like me - due to the pickpockets and language barrier. Any comments on that?
Traveling in May-Jun 2013.
Solo travel for an Chinese female, aged 23 - itinerary suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Best Baguette of 2015
- 2 Dublin to Cashel
- 3 Sea side in Italy
- 4 San Sebastian or Pamploma?
- 5 Paris: Best Wine Bars
- 6 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 7 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 8 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 9 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 10 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 11 Help with Lucerne in April
- 12 Time required from CDG airport to Louvre Museum?
- 13 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 14 5 days in France-What do we do!?
- 15 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 16 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 17 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 18 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 19 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 20 Please, please help us plan our trip to Europe!
- 21 Tour Guides or Tour Companies in Prague and Hotels
- 22 How do I divide my time up in Belgium
- 23 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 24 8 day May Road Trip - Best of France
- 25 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip