It's my first time traveling out of Singapore/Southeast Asia and I would really like to visit Europe in May. Unfortunately all my friends aren't free/have other considerations so it would have to be a solo trip.
I'm a light skinned Asian, female, petite (160cm and UK size 4). I'm keen on architecture, museums, culture. Planning to live in hostels and live on a budget since this is my grad trip. My concerns are safety, language barrier (I speak only English and my Asian mother-tongue), ease of travel. I know that there are so many successful stories here and elsewhere on solo travel, but it seems that few are coming from an Asian perspective.
1) Where is safe/good given my considerations as an good introduction to Western Europe? I will be flying into either London or Paris and would like to spend 5-6 days each in London and Paris. I will be going for approx 25-30 days in total. My budget currently is 2,100 euros for the trip, excluding airtickets. This works out around 75 euros a day, including travel. I'll appreciate links to any itineraries.
2) I heard that Italy and Spain are too dangerous for a solo Asian like me - due to the pickpockets and language barrier. Any comments on that?
Traveling in May-Jun 2013.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ce produit est vraiment génial et je prends aussi
- 2 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 3 hotel in Prague
- 4 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 5 Prague to Dresden in Aug
- 6 Air France / Delta flight to Europe comfort upgrade
- 7 Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)
- 8 Free walking tours in Budapest and Prague
- 9 London-Paris solo trip
- 10 Transportation from Gothenburg airport to the Center
- 11 3 days Venice to Paris
- 12 Eiffel Tower in mid-June without pre-booking
- 13 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 14 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 15 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 16 Three days in Athens
- 17 Another Visit to London
- 18 The Tweesters Travel with Tito: 2 weeks in Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia
- 19 transfer from Eurostar to London hotel
- 20 Northern Italy
- 21 Where can I get pre-euro banknotes?
- 22 Lucca to Florence with side trips
- 23 Europe in Two Weeks, what is possible?
- 24 Five City European Vacation thru Groupon
- 25 Walking stylish sandals/flats
Solo travel for an Chinese female, aged 23 - itinerary suggestions