It's my first time traveling out of Singapore/Southeast Asia and I would really like to visit Europe in May. Unfortunately all my friends aren't free/have other considerations so it would have to be a solo trip.
I'm a light skinned Asian, female, petite (160cm and UK size 4). I'm keen on architecture, museums, culture. Planning to live in hostels and live on a budget since this is my grad trip. My concerns are safety, language barrier (I speak only English and my Asian mother-tongue), ease of travel. I know that there are so many successful stories here and elsewhere on solo travel, but it seems that few are coming from an Asian perspective.
1) Where is safe/good given my considerations as an good introduction to Western Europe? I will be flying into either London or Paris and would like to spend 5-6 days each in London and Paris. I will be going for approx 25-30 days in total. My budget currently is 2,100 euros for the trip, excluding airtickets. This works out around 75 euros a day, including travel. I'll appreciate links to any itineraries.
2) I heard that Italy and Spain are too dangerous for a solo Asian like me - due to the pickpockets and language barrier. Any comments on that?
Traveling in May-Jun 2013.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 2 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 3 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 4 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 5 Trip to Rome
- 6 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 7 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 8 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 9 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 10 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 11 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 12 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 13 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 14 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 15 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 16 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 17 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 18 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 19 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 20 Buying Train Tickets to and from Prague
- 21 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 22 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 23 Help required with Itinerary
- 24 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 25 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
Solo travel for an Chinese female, aged 23 - itinerary suggestions