It's my first time traveling out of Singapore/Southeast Asia and I would really like to visit Europe in May. Unfortunately all my friends aren't free/have other considerations so it would have to be a solo trip.
I'm a light skinned Asian, female, petite (160cm and UK size 4). I'm keen on architecture, museums, culture. Planning to live in hostels and live on a budget since this is my grad trip. My concerns are safety, language barrier (I speak only English and my Asian mother-tongue), ease of travel. I know that there are so many successful stories here and elsewhere on solo travel, but it seems that few are coming from an Asian perspective.
1) Where is safe/good given my considerations as an good introduction to Western Europe? I will be flying into either London or Paris and would like to spend 5-6 days each in London and Paris. I will be going for approx 25-30 days in total. My budget currently is 2,100 euros for the trip, excluding airtickets. This works out around 75 euros a day, including travel. I'll appreciate links to any itineraries.
2) I heard that Italy and Spain are too dangerous for a solo Asian like me - due to the pickpockets and language barrier. Any comments on that?
Traveling in May-Jun 2013.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 2 Barcelona - places to stay
- 3 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 4 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 5 Guide in Russia
- 6 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 7 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 8 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 9 travel fan 220v?
- 10 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 11 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 12 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 13 First Trip to Paris
- 14 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 15 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 16 Train travel
- 17 B&Bs in Ireland
- 18 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 19 WWI Battlefields
- 20 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 21 Visiting Zurich
- 22 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 23 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 24 Switzerland
- 25 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
Solo travel for an Chinese female, aged 23 - itinerary suggestions