It's my first time traveling out of Singapore/Southeast Asia and I would really like to visit Europe in May. Unfortunately all my friends aren't free/have other considerations so it would have to be a solo trip.
I'm a light skinned Asian, female, petite (160cm and UK size 4). I'm keen on architecture, museums, culture. Planning to live in hostels and live on a budget since this is my grad trip. My concerns are safety, language barrier (I speak only English and my Asian mother-tongue), ease of travel. I know that there are so many successful stories here and elsewhere on solo travel, but it seems that few are coming from an Asian perspective.
1) Where is safe/good given my considerations as an good introduction to Western Europe? I will be flying into either London or Paris and would like to spend 5-6 days each in London and Paris. I will be going for approx 25-30 days in total. My budget currently is 2,100 euros for the trip, excluding airtickets. This works out around 75 euros a day, including travel. I'll appreciate links to any itineraries.
2) I heard that Italy and Spain are too dangerous for a solo Asian like me - due to the pickpockets and language barrier. Any comments on that?
Traveling in May-Jun 2013.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 2 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 3 Ireland travel passport question
- 4 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 5 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 6 Planning a European Trip
- 7 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 8 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 9 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 10 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 11 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 12 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 13 restaurants in Marais district
- 14 Norway Itinerary
- 15 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 16 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 17 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 18 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 19 Springtime Adventure in Europe
- 20 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 21 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 22 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 23 train or plane
- 24 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 25 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
Solo travel for an Chinese female, aged 23 - itinerary suggestions