It's my first time traveling out of Singapore/Southeast Asia and I would really like to visit Europe in May. Unfortunately all my friends aren't free/have other considerations so it would have to be a solo trip.
I'm a light skinned Asian, female, petite (160cm and UK size 4). I'm keen on architecture, museums, culture. Planning to live in hostels and live on a budget since this is my grad trip. My concerns are safety, language barrier (I speak only English and my Asian mother-tongue), ease of travel. I know that there are so many successful stories here and elsewhere on solo travel, but it seems that few are coming from an Asian perspective.
1) Where is safe/good given my considerations as an good introduction to Western Europe? I will be flying into either London or Paris and would like to spend 5-6 days each in London and Paris. I will be going for approx 25-30 days in total. My budget currently is 2,100 euros for the trip, excluding airtickets. This works out around 75 euros a day, including travel. I'll appreciate links to any itineraries.
2) I heard that Italy and Spain are too dangerous for a solo Asian like me - due to the pickpockets and language barrier. Any comments on that?
Traveling in May-Jun 2013.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 2 Local Paris Restaurants?
- 3 Looking for advice on a Paris-based day trip to Reims
- 4 Just Iceland or Iceland and Europe?
- 5 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 6 First Time Europe Trip
- 7 Flight to London - Discount Airlines?
- 8 Hotel advice
- 9 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 10 Tour or independent
- 11 Flamenco Shows
- 12 Gengenbach or Schiltach
- 13 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 14 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 15 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 16 house exchange
- 17 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 18 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 19 Your Thoughts on the Black Forest, please --
- 20 What to see in Dresden...
- 21 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 22 suggestions for an Iceland self-drive touring June 2011?
- 23 Day River trips from Porto
- 24 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 25 Crewed yacht charter: Mediterranean
Solo travel for an Chinese female, aged 23 - itinerary suggestions