It's my first time traveling out of Singapore/Southeast Asia and I would really like to visit Europe in May. Unfortunately all my friends aren't free/have other considerations so it would have to be a solo trip.
I'm a light skinned Asian, female, petite (160cm and UK size 4). I'm keen on architecture, museums, culture. Planning to live in hostels and live on a budget since this is my grad trip. My concerns are safety, language barrier (I speak only English and my Asian mother-tongue), ease of travel. I know that there are so many successful stories here and elsewhere on solo travel, but it seems that few are coming from an Asian perspective.
1) Where is safe/good given my considerations as an good introduction to Western Europe? I will be flying into either London or Paris and would like to spend 5-6 days each in London and Paris. I will be going for approx 25-30 days in total. My budget currently is 2,100 euros for the trip, excluding airtickets. This works out around 75 euros a day, including travel. I'll appreciate links to any itineraries.
2) I heard that Italy and Spain are too dangerous for a solo Asian like me - due to the pickpockets and language barrier. Any comments on that?
Traveling in May-Jun 2013.
Solo travel for an Chinese female, aged 23 - itinerary suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 2 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 3 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 4 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 5 Weekend in Norfolk
- 6 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 7 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 8 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 9 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 10 Autumn in Paris
- 11 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 12 Burgundy in May
- 13 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 14 A Greek sojourn
- 15 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 16 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 17 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 18 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 19 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 20 Is Venice really dirty?
- 21 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 22 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 23 Updated ATM info for Greece and Turkey
- 24 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 25 Riva del Garda to Rome