It's my first time traveling out of Singapore/Southeast Asia and I would really like to visit Europe in May. Unfortunately all my friends aren't free/have other considerations so it would have to be a solo trip.
I'm a light skinned Asian, female, petite (160cm and UK size 4). I'm keen on architecture, museums, culture. Planning to live in hostels and live on a budget since this is my grad trip. My concerns are safety, language barrier (I speak only English and my Asian mother-tongue), ease of travel. I know that there are so many successful stories here and elsewhere on solo travel, but it seems that few are coming from an Asian perspective.
1) Where is safe/good given my considerations as an good introduction to Western Europe? I will be flying into either London or Paris and would like to spend 5-6 days each in London and Paris. I will be going for approx 25-30 days in total. My budget currently is 2,100 euros for the trip, excluding airtickets. This works out around 75 euros a day, including travel. I'll appreciate links to any itineraries.
2) I heard that Italy and Spain are too dangerous for a solo Asian like me - due to the pickpockets and language barrier. Any comments on that?
Traveling in May-Jun 2013.
Solo travel for an Chinese female, aged 23 - itinerary suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 2 Restaurant recommendation for Milan
- 3 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 4 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 5 Hey Fodor's
- 6 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 7 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 8 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 9 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 10 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 11 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 12 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 13 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 14 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 15 Apartment rental agencies in Barcelona
- 16 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 17 Christmas in salzburg
- 18 Getting from Conrad Dublin to Train Station
- 19 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 20 Bad Experience with Argus Car Hire Insurance offered by them
- 21 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 22 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 23 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 24 Italy through locals eyes
- 25 Lagos or Portimao better base to stay