It's my first time traveling out of Singapore/Southeast Asia and I would really like to visit Europe in May. Unfortunately all my friends aren't free/have other considerations so it would have to be a solo trip.
I'm a light skinned Asian, female, petite (160cm and UK size 4). I'm keen on architecture, museums, culture. Planning to live in hostels and live on a budget since this is my grad trip. My concerns are safety, language barrier (I speak only English and my Asian mother-tongue), ease of travel. I know that there are so many successful stories here and elsewhere on solo travel, but it seems that few are coming from an Asian perspective.
1) Where is safe/good given my considerations as an good introduction to Western Europe? I will be flying into either London or Paris and would like to spend 5-6 days each in London and Paris. I will be going for approx 25-30 days in total. My budget currently is 2,100 euros for the trip, excluding airtickets. This works out around 75 euros a day, including travel. I'll appreciate links to any itineraries.
2) I heard that Italy and Spain are too dangerous for a solo Asian like me - due to the pickpockets and language barrier. Any comments on that?
Traveling in May-Jun 2013.
Solo travel for an Chinese female, aged 23 - itinerary suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 2 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 3 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 4 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 5 Golfing in Ireland
- 6 Foie gras, redux
- 7 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 8 Short-stay apartment in Italy -- common practices?
- 9 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 10 Train to Airport in Venice
- 11 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 12 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 13 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 14 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 15 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 16 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 17 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 18 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 19 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 20 Airport to Piraeus
- 21 Trieste and Koper
- 22 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 23 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?
- 24 Very early departure from Istanbul airport
- 25 What still confounds you about travel?