It's my first time traveling out of Singapore/Southeast Asia and I would really like to visit Europe in May. Unfortunately all my friends aren't free/have other considerations so it would have to be a solo trip.
I'm a light skinned Asian, female, petite (160cm and UK size 4). I'm keen on architecture, museums, culture. Planning to live in hostels and live on a budget since this is my grad trip. My concerns are safety, language barrier (I speak only English and my Asian mother-tongue), ease of travel. I know that there are so many successful stories here and elsewhere on solo travel, but it seems that few are coming from an Asian perspective.
1) Where is safe/good given my considerations as an good introduction to Western Europe? I will be flying into either London or Paris and would like to spend 5-6 days each in London and Paris. I will be going for approx 25-30 days in total. My budget currently is 2,100 euros for the trip, excluding airtickets. This works out around 75 euros a day, including travel. I'll appreciate links to any itineraries.
2) I heard that Italy and Spain are too dangerous for a solo Asian like me - due to the pickpockets and language barrier. Any comments on that?
Traveling in May-Jun 2013.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 2 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 3 CDG airport
- 4 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 5 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 6 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 7 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 8 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 9 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 10 14 nights in Europe
- 11 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 12 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 13 Portugal itinerary help
- 14 Munich
- 15 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 16 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 17 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 18 What type of visa is right for me?
- 19 Malaga Hotels - which one should I choose?
- 20 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 21 First time in France
- 22 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 23 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 24 Budapest Hotels
- 25 4 days in switzerland
Solo travel for an Chinese female, aged 23 - itinerary suggestions