It's my first time traveling out of Singapore/Southeast Asia and I would really like to visit Europe in May. Unfortunately all my friends aren't free/have other considerations so it would have to be a solo trip.
I'm a light skinned Asian, female, petite (160cm and UK size 4). I'm keen on architecture, museums, culture. Planning to live in hostels and live on a budget since this is my grad trip. My concerns are safety, language barrier (I speak only English and my Asian mother-tongue), ease of travel. I know that there are so many successful stories here and elsewhere on solo travel, but it seems that few are coming from an Asian perspective.
1) Where is safe/good given my considerations as an good introduction to Western Europe? I will be flying into either London or Paris and would like to spend 5-6 days each in London and Paris. I will be going for approx 25-30 days in total. My budget currently is 2,100 euros for the trip, excluding airtickets. This works out around 75 euros a day, including travel. I'll appreciate links to any itineraries.
2) I heard that Italy and Spain are too dangerous for a solo Asian like me - due to the pickpockets and language barrier. Any comments on that?
Traveling in May-Jun 2013.
Solo travel for an Chinese female, aged 23 - itinerary suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scottland for a day!
- 2 First ever europe trip
- 3 A guide to Madrid
- 4 Best Tours of Europe
- 5 England, Paris itinerary help
- 6 Where to stay in Bilbao and best way to get to airport.
- 7 Five weeks in Portugal - Does this route make sense?
- 8 Euro Travel Quiz # 41 - Food for Thought!
- 9 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 10 Best london location to stay?
- 11 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 12 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 13 Scotland and northern England
- 14 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 15 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 16 Help me with this trip
- 17 Help me plan a Trip
- 18 Europe first timers
- 19 Germany and Switzerland
- 20 Prague for a week?
- 21 Lyon circular road itinerary help please
- 22 Dolce Far Niente....the sweetness of doing nothing (well almost) in Paris
- 23 International Drivers Permit
- 24 What to see/do in eastern section of Ireland?
- 25 Spain driving trip