It's my first time traveling out of Singapore/Southeast Asia and I would really like to visit Europe in May. Unfortunately all my friends aren't free/have other considerations so it would have to be a solo trip.
I'm a light skinned Asian, female, petite (160cm and UK size 4). I'm keen on architecture, museums, culture. Planning to live in hostels and live on a budget since this is my grad trip. My concerns are safety, language barrier (I speak only English and my Asian mother-tongue), ease of travel. I know that there are so many successful stories here and elsewhere on solo travel, but it seems that few are coming from an Asian perspective.
1) Where is safe/good given my considerations as an good introduction to Western Europe? I will be flying into either London or Paris and would like to spend 5-6 days each in London and Paris. I will be going for approx 25-30 days in total. My budget currently is 2,100 euros for the trip, excluding airtickets. This works out around 75 euros a day, including travel. I'll appreciate links to any itineraries.
2) I heard that Italy and Spain are too dangerous for a solo Asian like me - due to the pickpockets and language barrier. Any comments on that?
Traveling in May-Jun 2013.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 2 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 3 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 4 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 5 Korean Messages
- 6 International Flight Question
- 7 Dijon in December!
- 8 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 11 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 12 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 13 We're here!
- 14 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 15 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 16 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 17 6-7 Days in France
- 18 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 19 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 20 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 21 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 22 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 23 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
Solo travel for an Chinese female, aged 23 - itinerary suggestions